New Acquisitions!!

Barnett College said:
Some items in my Indy-museum
click hereBests
Barnett

That Cherub is cool, where did you obtain that?
3177686139_05d997a845_m.jpg

lao che & sons

man barnett, that is one of the best indy museums I've ever seen. It's so well organized and it just looks really nice. I'm impressed. I may have to look for one of those life magazines with indy and willie. :cool:

Grandpa Agasa

Loot from the toy show...

Picked up a bunch of Indy figures for $1-5 each. About 8 Cairo Swordsmans, 2 Sallahs, 2 Young Indys, and an Indy w/ Rocket. Also got a Grail Knight for $5.

The best score was 2 Disney Exclusive 7 inch Indys for $35! I love that figure.

Barnett College

lao che & sons said:
man barnett, that is one of the best indy museums I've ever seen. It's so well organized and it just looks really nice. I'm impressed. I may have to look for one of those life magazines with indy and willie. :cool:

Indeed:D Not a great interview, but the pictures are amazing!!
Thanks a lot.
Bests

indyclone25

picked up this neat little t=shirt at the brookfield zoo near chicago yesterday--- i got it for my son since they didnt carry it in adult sizes
scan0008-7.jpg

UIMJ

indyclone25 said:
picked up this neat little t=shirt at the brookfield zoo near chicago yesterday--- i got it for my son since they didnt carry it in adult sizes
scan0008-7.jpg

LOL, that's great! Gonna have to stop by there before the end of the season!

NickTurner

Finally a new acquisition! This is a Signature models 1938 Mercedes 770 Pullman in 1:18 scale. Take a look:

M770_7.jpg

OK it's not directly Indiana Jones, but it is a 1930's Mercedes that is in a compatible scale and with a minimum of adjustments I'm hoping to make it look like the staff car in the ROTLA truck chase.

Though why I need to take on another project is beyond me when I have so many unfinished or unstarted already... ::rolleyes: : It's an obsession I tell ye:whip:

BTW, though it looks fabulous in the box I cannot recommend this model for a serious collector. Fit and finish is very sloppy. OK for what I'm going to do to it (dusty, ja!) , but don't look too close at how it was put together. (Think first gen Indy eyes...) On the other hand though, you don't have much choice if you want 1930s autos...

Lance Quazar

NickTurner said:
Finally a new acquisition! This is a Signature models 1938 Mercedes 770 Pullman in 1:18 scale. Take a look:

M770_7.jpg

OK it's not directly Indiana Jones, but it is a 1930's Mercedes that is in a compatible scale and with a minimum of adjustments I'm hoping to make it look like the staff car in the ROTLA truck chase.

Though why I need to take on another project is beyond me when I have so many unfinished or unstarted already... ::rolleyes: : It's an obsession I tell ye:whip:

BTW, though it looks fabulous in the box I cannot recommend this model for a serious collector. Fit and finish is very sloppy. OK for what I'm going to do to it (dusty, ja!) , but don't look too close at how it was put together. (Think first gen Indy eyes...) On the other hand though, you don't have much choice if you want 1930s autos...

That car is awesome, sorry to hear the quality isn't great.

I have been eyeing that sucker for over a year now, but haven't pulled the trigger.

WAY back a year ago when the line was new and people posting all kinds of amusing pics on rebelscum in the "limelighting and display" thread, someone posted some cool images of Indy figures in that car. I'll see if I can dig any up.

FYI, for those interested, those cars are widely available on ebay and on sites like

www.diecastmodelswholesale.com

I recently bought a different period car for Indy displays. But I made sure it was a convertible, as those cars are not meant to be toys and, as such, are not meant to accomodate the bulk of an action figure.

Had the same problem with the 21st Century Kubelwagen I bought last year. Thing looks great, but it can't even fit 21st Century figures from its own line!

You can barely squeeze in Vogel or a few Germans if you really try (though they have to ride with one arm conspicuously hanging out of the vehicle.)

Anyway....great buy, Nick! Look forward to seeing it after you've applied your masterful weathering techniques

Got Fate of Atlantis for the Mac complete in box today. It's just as awesome as my PC version complete in box... ;)

Still on the look out for a copy of the FOA adventure game complete in box.

NickTurner

The Mercedes as full official staff car.

M770_1_medium.jpg

M770_2_medium.jpg

I got this one off ebay - $43, $60 with tax and shipping. Not cheap, but not totally outrageous either. It's still looks too long, and that's because it has an extra row of "diplomat seats". This puts the convertible top rather far back. Also the back is rather bulbous, housing a large trunk. Hopefully I can make a few adjustments and hide the "back bulge" with external baggage per the movie. The front of the car looks almost exactly like the movie (or will once I cut off the extra horns, lights and mirrors, and add a windshield surround to make it look divided).

ResidentAlien said:
Got Fate of Atlantis for the Mac complete in box today. It's just as awesome as my PC version complete in box... ;)

Still on the look out for a copy of the FOA adventure game complete in box.

Totally meant that I'm looking for the FOA Action Game, pardon. Can't find that atrocity of a game for sale anywhere. Though I'd kill to own it for completion's sake...

Lance Quazar

Thanks for the link, Nick! I knew Mighty Megs was the guy, I just couldn't find the pictures! The Motorcycle driver with the 21st Century cap makes for a quick and easy Nazi officer for Indy displays.

Your pics look great, too! The flags look terrific. Can't wait to see your fully customized version, sounds like you have some great things lined up!

Regarding getting the figures in - yeah, it sure can be a b*tch.

I just bought a similar 1:18 scale diecast car and can't put anyone in the driver's seat, as the steering wheel is so big it blocks access entirely. I may just break it off.

I also have a 21st Century kubelwagen, which is currently full of legless German soldiers. After using a few pairs of legs for various customs, the rest of the Germans are easy to get in there!

Your display looks good, but the Vogel twins in the back look like they're sitting a bit high.

But you've convinced me that I definitely need to buy one of these at some point!