Jaws

Goonie

Have they announced a Blu-Ray release date yet? I know Universal is planning to release it sometime this year, along with ET, for their 100th anniversary.

michael

Happy 37th Anniversary Jaws!

and yes, August 14 of this year is when Jaws will be released on Blu-Ray!

Stoo

michael said:
Happy 37th Anniversary Jaws!
37th is a reason to celebrate?:confused::p ;)

Who else remembers the Dickie Goodman thing, "Mr. Jaws", from 1975? It was all over the radio back then and was a BIG HIT in the school yard at recess/lunchtime.;)

michael

Stoo said:
37th is a reason to celebrate?:confused::p ;)

Jaws should be celebrated daily, if you ask me!

But, it's just perfect because today is the start of summer in the states, it's 96 degrees out here in New England, and it's the anniversary of Jaws!

It's the true start of summer!

Stoo

michael said:
Jaws should be celebrated daily, if you ask me!

But, it's just perfect because today is the start of summer in the states, it's 96 degrees out here in New England, and it's the anniversary of Jaws!

It's the true start of summer!
So, Michael, if you're really into celebrating it...did you listen to "Mr. Jaws"?:confused: That radio thing was a part of Jaws-mania during the mid-'70s.

I was too young to see "Jaws" in the summer of 1975 but the film had a great effect on pop culture at the time and I DID have the toy shark (which can be seen in "Toy Story").

Dr. Gonzo

Stoo said:
I was too young to see "Jaws" in the summer of 1975 but the film had a great effect on pop culture at the time and I DID have the toy shark (which can be seen in "Toy Story").

I had a squeaky shark too! HA! (y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Stoo said:
Who else remembers the Dickie Goodman thing, "Mr. Jaws", from 1975?
How long have DJs been doing these 'things?' I remember one for Jurassic Park:
DJ: "Why did the power go out?"
Duran Duran: "I turned on the lights, the tv and the radio..."

I wonder if Jack FM automatically generates these 'things.'

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Trey Parker and Matt Stone directed Spielberg? And James Cameron, Sylvester Stallone, and Michael J. Fox. In 1995 when Seagrams bought a controlling share of Universal. Everyone's drinking it.

Last edited: