Star Trek or Star Wars?

Star Trek or Star Wars: Which Do You Like Best?

• Star Trek

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • I couldn't decide between the two

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Bjorn Heimdall

Star Wars, some Star Trek stuff is fine, though, Enterprise was an ok tv show.

But there have been 10 Star Trek Movies and just one of them is truly great (Not Wrath of Khan, First Contact(y) ) And that's pretty lame.

Indyologist

I like Star Trek for the deep, meaningful themes in its shows. I feel the series is more cerebral than Star Wars, which, to me, is more like bubblegum for the eyes.

Tennessee Smith

I personally like the escapism of Star Wars, Star trek gets me on a different level. I put them in the apples vs. oranges catagory also. But I must admit that by watching Shatner on Boston Leagal I have a new respect for the man. So now when I watch the original remastered episodes (usually my first view of them anyway) I get a kick out of seeing him speak with his Shatanease dialect. "Spock.....we've got.... to.... get..... away, from here"

It's still not as cool as hearing Han say "I know" but again, different levels.

UltimateManGod

I love Star Wars. It was my first movie series I really enjoyed, and it's because of Star Wars I found Indy. My mom suggested Indy because Han was my favorite character. Sometimes she regrets her decision to introduce me to those series. However, I've never really seen much Star Trek. I will say that the new movie coming in December looks interesting.

Hawkeye

I grew up with Star Trek: The Next Generation. I didn't start liking Star Wars until Episode I came out. Once I really "got" what was wrong with the Prequels and saw the original trilogy, I lost the ability to sit through a Star Wars movie. I love all the Star Trek series and movies (okay, except The Final Frontier.), and I will definitely be in line when the new movie comes out in December.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I voted Star Wars, of course, but

I respect Kirk for sleeping with anything, and I mean ANYTHING!

"I love you!"
sick-space-tribble.jpg

Deckard

OT Star Wars is best then Original Star Trek Series + some Movies like Wrath of Khan, then Prequels and other Star Trek i don't care about.

Hawkeye

That's funny, because Wrath of Khan is considered by Trekkies to be among the best Star Trek movies.

ReggieSnake

I've Never watched an episode of Star Trek. I did watch the Science of Star Trek that aired back in May (followed by Science of Star Wars(y) ) and that was interesting enough.

Mr. Fusion

This one is hard. There's soooooo much to both the Star Wars and Star Trek universes. Even though I love both, and being hard pressed to choose between the two, I went with Star Trek.

There are elements of Star Trek that I prefer over Star Wars. Star Trek seems to be more "science fact" than science fiction. Then again, Star Wars is more "space fantasy" than science fiction. It's a tossup. I guess I'm a more reality-based nerd.:)

Deckard

Mr. Fusion said:
This one is hard. There's soooooo much to both the Star Wars and Star Trek universes. Even though I love both, and being hard pressed to choose between the two, I went with Star Trek.

There are elements of Star Trek that I prefer over Star Wars. Star Trek seems to be more "science fact" than science fiction. Then again, Star Wars is more "space fantasy" than science fiction. It's a tossup. I guess I'm a more reality-based nerd.:)

I don't look at either of those movies scientificly to be honest. I guess i do if something in the movie forces me to, like when they talk about the warp core in Wrath of Khan. But more or less I want to see action and so I enjoy Star Wars more. The OT that is, the prequels are too poorly acted, even tho the action sequences look pretty nice. I do enjoy catching the original Star Trek show on TV Land at like 5-6 am once in a while too.

Nurhachi1991

Star Wars or Star Trek which do you prefer?

Which one of the two franchises do you like better? Don't get me wrong I enjoy both of them but when push comes to shove I would chose Star Trek hands down. What about the rest of you?