Indiana Jones Animated Line

Michael24

I don't know what (if anything) these were originally done for, but I love Timm's STAR WARS designs.

I would have much prefered a style like that to the Samurai Jack one was used for Clone Wars. (y)

Mr. Z

I would love it for sure. Hopefully, I didn't steer anyone in the wrong direction, as they just specualted on the Indy Cast how it would be cool, but there has been no official discussion of any kind; just wishful thinking at this point.

However, the animated statues are coming! Check out my link above for more on that. No photos yet-probably not until May is my guess.

RONDC20

You know I dont have a big problem with the style that the Clone Wars cartoon were done in.

I would love to see an Indiana Jones animated series done in the Bruce Timm style. I don't know if you guys were here, but a few years ago I had the idea for an Indiana Jones animated series.

I would set it before, inbetweeen and after the classic trilogy between 1930 and 1945 so that we get classic movie aged Indy. I would have several characters from the films. I would have episodes set before Raiders and have Belloq in it and explore the rivalry between him and indy and how it developed.

It would have all the characters from the films. Brody, Sallah, Marion, Short Round, Willie Scott and even Dr Henry Jones. Also characters from several novels and comics and Video Games, such as Sophia Hapgood.

I would not want the series to be too kidfreindly as I would want it to keep that PG or PG-13 style action.

Last edited:

Michael24

The cool thing is that some of the characters could probably retain their original actors. John Rhys-Davis has done a lot of voice overs and clearly enjoyed playing Sallah, and it's not like Kate Capshaw's busy. Haha!! Sorry, Kate. I love ya! :D Harrison Ford hasn't done a cartoon voice over since the animated segment of 1978's The Star Wars Holiday Debacle--er, I mean Special. :D

RONDC20 said:
I would not want the series to be too kidfreindly as I would want it to keep that PG or PG-13 style action.

I agree. Batman: The Animated Series proved that a cartoon could appeal to both kids and adults by just treating the source material with respect and not playing down to anybody. Some of those early episodes especially are pretty dark and "mature," and Timm has even remarked that, in retrospect, he's amazed with some of the stuff they got away with for daytime animation. I would love to seen an Indy cartoon handled in much the same manner, and I think it could be done if the makers really put their heads together.

fixer79

Michael24 said:
I don't know what (if anything) these were originally done for, but I love Timm's STAR WARS designs.

I would have much prefered a style like that to the Samurai Jack one was
used for Clone Wars. (y)

Hey, I hadn't seen Timm's Star Wars designs yet... Cool! :)

Michael24

Yeah, I like them. Not sure what they're from, though. As you can see, there's what appears to be an entire page from a comic book. I don't know if he actually drew a Star Wars comic, if it was a proposed project that never went through, or just something from among his various sketches showing his style applied to different properties.

They're in the book Modern Masters, Volume 3, an issue that is a must-have for any Bruce Timm fan. The entire book is basically one long interview that covers his entire career, from his early life all the way up to about the end of Justice League, and the final section is a portfolio with a variety of artwork. I love it. (y)

fixer79

Michael24 said:
Yeah, I like them. Not sure what they're from, though. As you can see, there's what appears to be an entire page from a comic book. I don't know if he actually drew a Star Wars comic, if it was a proposed project that never went through, or just something from among his various sketches showing his style applied to different properties.

They're in the book Modern Masters, Volume 3, an issue that is a must-have for any Bruce Timm fan. The entire book is basically one long interview that covers his entire career, from his early life all the way up to about the end of Justice League, and the final section is a portfolio with a variety of artwork. I love it. (y)

Cool! Thanks for the info, Mike! ;)