Custom PLAYSETS & DIORAMAS with your INDY TOYS!!

tnswman

Ok folks..Let's see the creativity here...Since Hasbro is limiting us to only one playset from the new line..Let's see how you make your owm playsetsand Dioramas.

I will start with my Chuchilla cemetary / AKATOR temple playset / Diorama that I use to display my KOTCS figures.

I made the cemetary playset because from the start, I KNEW tha this was going to be my favorite part of the movie, Man I was NOT wrong!!

Main Diorama set-up:
009-3.jpg

Cemetary ( based off the Novel where there were 3 Warriors):
007-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

AKATOR (based off of early photos):
indy007-12.jpg

indy005-13.jpg

indy004-13.jpg

indy002-13.jpg

indy001-16.jpg

indy003-13.jpg

So, There you have my "playset" I know it is basic and hastily done..But I needed something to take up space for my KOTCS Hasbro shelf since they didn't make many KOTCS toys.

Next is my Jungle Cutter and how I envisioned a fight on it :)
028-4.jpg

030-3.jpg

031-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

032-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

033-3.jpg

034-2.jpg

Now...PLEASE don't let me be the only one to post their pics here...Even if you have posted them before..Let us see what you have done with your Indy toys and YOUR imagination and skills!!!

HAVE FUN!!

Arab Swordsman

This thread has potential! I'm going to try and take some pics this weekend...I might not have some of the cool custom playsets but I think I can at least come up with some pictures with just the figures and vehicles.

Agent Z

Cool thread tnswman. I hope this one gets a sticky.

I am going to make enclosed sets for my Lego figures. It's going to take awhile, but I promise to share once they are done. :)

DutchIndy

Very cool indeed! :) I might make something, sometime as well, but I got to get more figures first. :)

Well Done tnsw

fixer79

I love you're pictures, tnswman! Great diorama's!
Especially your 'deleted scene' with the Jungle Cutter ;)

RichardJones

GREAT DIORAMA !!!!!!!!!!! Hey tnswman if you don?t mind me asking what did you use to make your Main Diorama set-up. It looks to me like you use rock paint and fake moss ( corrected me if I'm wrong ) but what did you use for the model, Is it Styrofoam , cardboard or something else. I would love to try something like that. So far the only thing I have come up with is a way to display my relics. My little sister has a ton of dollhouse furniture made from real wood, not the Barbie crap, so they look real . And she as been nice enough to give me a few china cabinets, which with the relics inside it looks like a museum display. It even has a little light in it so they show up very well. How funny is that she is 12 I am 27 and she is giving me dollhouse stuff :eek: . I will post some pics soon.

tnswman

RichardJones said:
GREAT DIORAMA !!!!!!!!!!! Hey tnswman if you don?t mind me asking what did you use to make your Main Diorama set-up. It looks to me like you use rock paint and fake moss ( corrected me if I'm wrong ) but what did you use for the model, Is it Styrofoam , cardboard or something else. I would love to try something like that. So far the only thing I have come up with is a way to display my relics. My little sister has a ton of dollhouse furniture made from real wood, not the Barbie crap, so they look real . And she as been nice enough to give me a few china cabinets, which with the relics inside it looks like a museum display. It even has a little light in it so they show up very well. How funny is that she is 12 I am 27 and she is giving me dollhouse stuff :eek: . I will post some pics soon.

THANKS!

I use foam, Fake Moss, Vines, and Textured spray paint.

Later tonight, I should have my MASSIVE 2' tall AKATOR temple..from the Final portion of the movie..with oblisk key, Spiral staircase, and lost treasure room" This massive playset is fully 3-d with a fully carvev and textured front and a 3 level play area ( Including some very vintage Foam usage for water...think vintage Death Star trash compactor here )

I should have it finished tonight :)

RichardJones

tnswman said:
THANKS!

I use foam, Fake Moss, Vines, and Textured spray paint.

Later tonight, I should have my MASSIVE 2' tall AKATOR temple..from the Final portion of the movie..with oblisk key, Spiral staircase, and lost treasure room" This massive playset is fully 3-d with a fully carvev and textured front and a 3 level play area ( Including some very vintage Foam usage for water...think vintage Death Star trash compactor here )

I should have it finished tonight :)

GREAT CANT WAIT(y) (y) (y) (y)

tnswman

Here is my 2 1/2' AKATOR TEMPLE playset!!

Exterior:
indy011-10.jpg

indy012-8.jpg

indy009-10.jpg

indy007-13.jpg

Obelisk Key:
indy007-13.jpg

indy004-14.jpg

Interior: Stairwell ( with foam as the water in the spike pit)
indy002-14.jpg

indy005-14.jpg

indy001-17.jpg

Interior: Treasure room
indy003-14.jpg

So there you go, I still have to make small additions ( such as the entrance to the throne room..which will be created on a computer layout) and I know it is just a rough playset..However, I tried to capture the essence of the movie in a vintage like playset.

Last edited:

tnswman

Thanks!! I can't wait to get the final version of the throne room doors done so it does not look so childish :(

I LOVED the vintage Death star playset, so I tried t ogo for that type of feel here.

tnswman

Goonie said:
Cool dioramas!

Here's something I'm going to attempt to build for my Indy action figures, it's a paper model of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye in Disneyland:
http://www.disneyexperience.com/models/temple_model.php

Here's another neat paper model and would be good for a Cairo diorama, however it looks like it's out of scale:
http://www.papermodels.at/images.php?l=0&c=5&s=2&p=1

The Cairo diorama is in the 25mm scale..about 1 1/2" to 2" figures :( It will be GREAT for the old TSR miniatures though.

RichardJones

Working on my Indy diorama's now. I have a LOST Island diorama below, but I think I will use it for my Indy dioramas from now on.
100_0583.jpg