Custom PLAYSETS & DIORAMAS with your INDY TOYS!!

The Golden Idol

MightyMegs said:
100_6656.jpg

Wow, that's a super-sharp paint app! Awesome!

Can you post a close-up of LC Indy's head?

MightyMegs

Billy Ray said:
MightyMegs, saw those pics over at CTR/Rebelscum. Very nice! Which Ultimate Soldier figure did that hat come from? I've looked everywhere for the two officer figures pictured on the back of the cards. Seems all the WM in my area only have the two DAK guys. Did you repaint it at all? If not it matches the motorcycle German perfectly! I must have one!

I didn't repaint the hat at all... the color matches perfectly. I don't have the package, and it's been a while since I bought it... I know he comes with a black jacket that is just a vest shape... the jacket 'arms' are extra figure arms that are packed in the bubble beside the figure. Hope that helps.

Golden Idol: I'll try to get a pic up in a few minutes. I can tell you, it's my least favorite Indy head so far... 'meh' sculpt, and VERY pale.

The Golden Idol

MightyMegs said:
I didn't repaint the hat at all... the color matches perfectly. I don't have the package, and it's been a while since I bought it... I know he comes with a black jacket that is just a vest shape... the jacket 'arms' are extra figure arms that are packed in the bubble beside the figure. Hope that helps.

Golden Idol: I'll try to get a pic up in a few minutes. I can tell you, it's my least favorite Indy head so far... 'meh' sculpt, and VERY pale.

For real? I thought people said that the sculpt was an improvement.

MightyMegs

I can get ALL my Indys to sit on the horse. The only ones that give me problems, are the skirt-wearing nazis and arabs... and Marion.

The Cemetary Warrior looks pretty cool on the horse.(y)

The Golden Idol

MightyMegs said:
I can get ALL my Indys to sit on the horse.

Seriously? I want to get the horse, but I don't like the wide stance of the Indy that comes with it. Can the other Indys sit on the horse normally, with their butts on the seat and their feet in the stirrups? In your pic, it seems that Young Indy can't fit perfectly, which is probably why his butt isn't in the seat. If all the Indy figures CAN sit normally, though, then that would be awesome.

Last edited:

The Golden Idol

The Golden Idol said:
Seriously? I want to get the horse, but I don't like the wide stance of the Indy that comes with it. Can the other Indys sit on the horse normally, with their butts on the seat and their feet in the stirrups? In your pic, it seems that Young Indy can't fit perfectly, which is probably why his butt isn't in the seat. If all the Indy figures CAN sit normally, though, then that would be awesome.

MightyMegs, can you please answer this?

deckard24

MightyMegs said:
Yeah... but my 'favorite' Indy seems to change from day to day, so tomorrow... who knows?
100_6677.jpg
He still has a red beard? I was hoping they'd fix that! By the time LC came out Ford's hair and facial hair were pretty grey, so that would've made more sense as a paint app then reddish brown.

The Golden Idol

The Golden Idol said:

Can anyone answer this?

BlackSleep

deckard24 said:
He still has a red beard? I was hoping they'd fix that! By the time LC came out Ford's hair and facial hair were pretty grey, so that would've made more sense as a paint app then reddish brown.

They're painted with a very, very light shadowing. Some look slightly reddish, some look light brown. Of the ones I've seen in person, you can barely even tell there IS a shadow, unless you're very close in on it. It doesn't look as red as in the photos.

deckard24

BlackSleep said:
They're painted with a very, very light shadowing. Some look slightly reddish, some look light brown. Of the ones I've seen in person, you can barely even tell there IS a shadow, unless you're very close in on it. It doesn't look as red as in the photos.
Good to hear!:hat: