Reboot - Demographics and Market Landscape

AndyLGR

I've thought for a long time that Raiders would be ripe for a reboot or a remake. I think it will be in time.

However they need to decide if they will reboot Indy as another series of new movies (my prefered option) or if they want to remake just Raiders. I think they need to be careful of not killing the 'franchise' dead by making a mess of it if they go down the remake route.

I have always thought from ROTLA that its a movie aimed at adults with some light heartedness in there. TLC took itself less seriously I feel. As for KOTCS, theres nothing wrong with continuing in a TLC theme....... Its just that IMO its main problem was it was badly executed in terms of its story and its supporting characters.

Walecs

I disagree with Pale Horse: no offense, your idea would be great if applied to any other franchise, but I simply couldn't stand an Indy movie set apart from the originals.

The Drifter

Walecs said:
I disagree with Pale Horse: no offense, your idea would be great if applied to any other franchise, but I simply couldn't stand an Indy movie set apart from the originals.

But having Harrison there as the story-teller would tie in with the originals, no?

kongisking said:
Please tell me this was deliberate.

No pun intended! :p

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:
But having Harrison there as the story-teller would tie in with the originals, no?

"In 1957 I took my first non-powered flight..."

munchhausen2.jpg

:D

kongisking

Walecs said:

I agree. This series should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever break from the tradition and just keep going in formulaic circles. Something different and unique? No thanks.