How Many of You Post? And How many Creep?

Are you a poster, or a creeper?

• Yes, I post

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Nope, I creep

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

The_Raiders

How many of you members post regularly, compared to creeping and just reading what's going on?
I myself am more of a lurker now. I just browse through the various Mutt arguments, and custom threads. I really only post in open discussions now. As most popular threads don't really capture my interest anymore.
So which one are you? A poster, or a lurker?

Goodeknight

Okay, someone's up to some programming magic.

Those poll results? No way.

There should be a third option for "I lurk, and therefore wouldn't vote in a poll." That one gets checked just by looking at it.

HovitosKing

When I first read this, I thought "What a stupid poll." After seeing the results so far, the ratio is actually quite staggering. On second thought, this is a pretty interesting poll...nice work.

However, since all results came in today alone, I am inclined to agree with goodeknight.

Indy's brother

Ska said:
I'm more of a creeper than a poster now-a-days.

Getting there myself, Ska.

'Course I'm in limbo between the two right now, so I'm not going to vote until I'm more firmly outside the city walls with a pair of binoculars.

Dr. Gonzo

"While all you people trying to sleep, I'm out there making my midnight creep..."

If I was more of a poster I'd at least have 3 grand worth of posts by now, probably, I guess, right?
But then again I just posted here, now... oh dear:confused:

The_Raiders

Well.... poll results are going well... That's what I see returning to my computer lol. No idea what happened there.
Love the Backdoor Man reference. I creep way more than post. I guess I figured I'd make this poll so I felt like I actually had something to contribute. :rolleyes:

Indy's brother

For months now, most of my posts never make it to that click of the "Submit Reply" button because they would just amount to too much reiteration, too much having to explain myself several times to no affect. And too many manic tirades that I just don't have the energy to see through to the bitter end, anyway.

As far as the poll results go, it's an oddly high number for a forum that usually has 10 or fewer members logged in at any given time, and between 60-100 guests. It's possible that members saw this poll and just immediately logged in to vote and immediately logged back out. I suppose. I wish more of our members posted than do currently. Reading posts from the usual suspects grows tiring and familiarity breeds contempt, you know.

The_Raiders

Indy's brother said:
Reading posts from the usual suspects grows tiring and familiarity breeds contempt, you know.

Exactly. It's always the same old same old, so that's one of the reasons I don't post as much as I used to. I used to be a posting machine on here. Not so much in these days. :dead:

Junior Jones

Something strange is definitely going on. I tried to vote today (I post, occasionally) and it told that I've already participated in this poll (which I haven't).

:confused: (n)

Finn

Staff member
Junior Jones said:
Something strange is definitely going on. I tried to vote today (I post, occasionally) and it told that I've already participated in this poll (which I haven't).
Such a glitch can occur if you happen to double-click the "vote now" (accidentally or deliberately). It does register the vote on the first click, but displays the message you'd get with the second.

Montana Smith said:
There are two key contenders!
Attila and Violet both plead innocence. Your suspicions are ungrounded.

The Drifter

I creep mostly these days. For reasons that IB mentioned. Seeing replies by the same old users (and rarely anyone else) gets tiring.

Finn said:
Such a glitch can occur if you happen to double-click the "vote now" (accidentally or deliberately). It does register the vote on the first click, but displays the message you'd get with the second.

Ah, 89 X 2 = 641.

THAT makes sense.

Bernie Madoff salutes you!

Finn

Staff member
Wait a minute. You guys are talking about THIS?

De2ly.jpg

It's something you get every time, with every poll. It doesn't mean that your vote didn't register, but is simply there to indicate that you can't do so again.

HJTHX1138

Huh, weird result.

I usually try to post more, I don't want to just randomly but into conversations, so I try to wait for a good spot to post.

I've been here straight for at least a week, I always make at least one post.

Finn

Staff member
HJTHX1138 said:
I usually try to post more, I don't want to just randomly but into conversations, so I try to wait for a good spot to post.
Quality over quantity - a very good principle, at least in this particular joint.