Tangled

RedeemedChild

It Takes Two To Get Tangled!

<object width="450" height="303"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/23074"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/23074" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="303" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Okay, so if you thought Shrek Forever After was good then get ready for Disney's comedic Rapunzel tale as she tangles up Bandit Charming in this Autumn's magical tale.

Tangled003.jpg

Tangled001.jpg

Tangled008.jpg

Last edited:

RedeemedChild

The Beautiful cover of the Autumn 2010 Issue of D23 Magazine!

Fall-2010-Cover.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/awlBswjJC-g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/awlBswjJC-g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

New Poster!

tangled_movie_poster.jpg

Concept Art

tangled-4.jpg

tangled-31.jpg

EddyW

It certainly looks very promising! That last piece with the forest looks great, imagine that in 3D!

kongisking

I look forward to this. Hope it's as, well, enchanting as Enchanted. Only complaint: WHY ISN'T IT IN 2-D?!?

JP Jones

kongisking said:
I look forward to this. Hope it's as, well, enchanting as Enchanted. Only complaint: WHY ISN'T IT IN 2-D?!?
Yeah, I seem to remember you telling us that it would be traditionally animated.

Overall, it was a commendable product, and a welcome return to classic animation by Disney. Very smart move, folks. I look forward to "Tangled" (an upcoming retelling of Rapunzel)
That sucks though.:mad:

kongisking

JP Jones said:
Yeah, I seem to remember you telling us that it would be traditionally animated.

At the time, I was under the impression it would be. So Princess and the Frog was just Disney messing with us, huh? Jerks.

RedeemedChild said:
From what I understand they're making an Enchanted 2 along with a whole new Cinderella movie.

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2010/02/04/disney-dreaming-up-enchanted-2/

If they are right about the original team being replaced, I'll still see it, but my expectations will be SEVERELY lowered. And I seriously doubt Adams will come back (she doesn't strike me as the kind who likes doing characters over and over). Fingers crossed, though!

And as for Cinderella...huh? I'd rather see a live-action remake of The Little Mermaid. Just guess who I'd cast as Ariel.

Anyways, Tangled looks like fun. I'll see it, eventually.

Last edited:

russds

Just happened to stumble upon this movie over Christmas time. Wow, what a treat. Great movie! And I'm wondering if anybody noticed all the times her hair was used like a bull whip, slinging from place to place, and helping with things. I believe it's another example of influence from the Indy character.

kongisking

russds said:
Just happened to stumble upon this movie over Christmas time. Wow, what a treat. Great movie! And I'm wondering if anybody noticed all the times her hair was used like a bull whip, slinging from place to place, and helping with things. I believe it's another example of influence from the Indy character.

I honestly never connecting the "hair-whip" with Indy. But otherwise, I concur, it's a brilliant movie. Proof that Disney still has it...when they really try.

fenris

I was surprised to see a thread about Tangled over here... It was my youngest daughter's favorite movie a year ago. She would ask me to play it over and over and over... then ask me to sing with her (she was 2 at the time).

There is an Indy connection... Flynn has a satchel too.
tumblr_lnx25eOcrm1qhsq95o1_500.jpg

kongisking

fenris said:
I was surprised to see a thread about Tangled over here... It was my youngest daughter's favorite movie a year ago. She would ask me to play it over and over and over... then ask me to sing with her (she was 2 at the time).

There is an Indy connection... Flynn has a satchel too.
tumblr_lnx25eOcrm1qhsq95o1_500.jpg

Correction: Eugene!

Kudos on that picture. A good laugh. And so true, though personally I thought the character's wardrobe look was slightly similar to Captain Jack.

Fun fact: the Stabbington Brothers are both played by Ron Perlman, who before this had always desired to be in a Disney film. Dreams DO come true! :p

russds

So I've been totally obsessed with this movie since I first saw it a few weeks ago. Actually doing some research into the animation, the directors, etc. There are actually a few times Indiana Jones was used as a correlation. I listened to a podcast that was a commentary from the animators who worked on the movie, one of them said he knew right away a particular scene (the cave, and damn escape sequence) would work really well because it reminded him of an Indiana Jones movie. I also read that the directors, during their initial meetings, thought that it would be fun if she could "use her hair like Indiana Jones" used his whip and could wrap it around things, and swing from it. I've also heard many correlations between Flynn/Eugene and Harrison Ford Han/Indy, one commentary said Eugene was a G-rated Han Solo.

It's kind of unfortunate the movie probably gets overlooked as a simple princess/disney/love story - I think that's what I thought initially. But oh, so much more. :)

kongisking

russds said:
So I've been totally obsessed with this movie since I first saw it a few weeks ago. Actually doing some research into the animation, the directors, etc. There are actually a few times Indiana Jones was used as a correlation. I listened to a podcast that was a commentary from the animators who worked on the movie, one of them said he knew right away a particular scene (the cave, and damn escape sequence) would work really well because it reminded him of an Indiana Jones movie. I also read that the directors, during their initial meetings, thought that it would be fun if she could "use her hair like Indiana Jones" used his whip and could wrap it around things, and swing from it. I've also heard many correlations between Flynn/Eugene and Harrison Ford Han/Indy, one commentary said Eugene was a G-rated Han Solo.

It's kind of unfortunate the movie probably gets overlooked as a simple princess/disney/love story - I think that's what I thought initially. But oh, so much more. :)

Dude, we are so on the same wavelength its scary. :hat: