Skins

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
alright Montana your my only mate who loves Skins.... did you see the usa first episode? It actually made me sad to be an American ):

Oh and Skins season 5 Intro!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhD7548i0VM&feature=related

gah1.gif

I still haven't gotten Season 4 yet!

My bad.

But I am working on it. I got waylaid by The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Battlesar Galactica, Alias, and Dark Angel.

And a Season 5 as well? I like it when there's something more to look forward to - getting to the end of the season in a great series can be depressing. (I still have BSG 3, 4 and 4.5 to look out for).

I haven't seen the US version, but knowing what America did to The Office, I can sympathize with you!

:hat:

Nurhachi1991

Your breakin me heart lad! Season 4 is way better than the Sarah Conner Chronicals!

and to be honest ive never seen the uk office but I hated the American one...

you ever see the Inbetweeners?

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Your breakin me heart lad! Season 4 is way better than the Sarah Conner Chronicals!

Different, maybe!

Nurhachi1991 said:
and to be honest ive never seen the uk office but I hated the American one...

There's really no comparison. The UK original had a real comedy and pathos to it.

Something got lost in translation.

Nurhachi1991 said:
you ever see the Inbetweeners?

I've seen an odd few, and liked them. There are shades of Skins in there. They probably deserve watching in the future.

Montana Smith

Just noticed that a Google ad for Skins is playing on the right side of this page. I don't normally take any notice of the ads, and I've gotten so used to that grumpy John Sergeant-ish Indy PF that I barely notice him either.

Nurhachi1991

nice lol Skins season 5 looks ok no Cook tho ):

I love tho opening theme tune tho Fats Segal really needs to release a cd

Nurhachi1991

Ehhh so I watched another episode of USA Skins last night and from what I collect only 2 out of the 10 episodes will be remakes of the U.K. series 1... so its going to go in its own direction which is cool its just the actors are ehhhhhh at best and I don't feel connected to them like I do the U.K. actors

its not as horrible as I originally said its just.... different

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Ehhh so I watched another episode of USA Skins last night and from what I collect only 2 out of the 10 episodes will be remakes of the U.K. series 1... so its going to go in its own direction which is cool its just the actors are ehhhhhh at best and I don't feel connected to them like I do the U.K. actors

its not as horrible as I originally said its just.... different

That's not too bad, then. If the actors are portraying the same UK characters that'll get a bit of getting used to. What's the US equivalent of Bristol?

I finally secured Series 4 on DVD. It should be here in a few days, but I still have seasons 4 & 5 of Alias to watch. These turned out to be real 'page-turners'.

Nurhachi1991

Well there is a USA Tony, Sid=Stanley Cassie=Caddie Chris keeps his name Anwar=Abud Im kinda wondering why they kept him a Muslim because that doesnt workas well in the US as in the UK I would of liked to see him as a Jewish or Mormon something a little more American.

Baltimore is the new Bristol

out of all the characters I like Stanley the best he is kinda like a Kurt Cobainish stoner and he is really interesting

Insomniac

Are You Kidding Me?
This Shieet?
On this Indy Forum?
Blech.
Some hate Kotcs, and prefer this.

George may just be right.
2012 and all.

Montana Smith

Smiffy said:
I finally secured Series 4 on DVD. It should be here in a few days...

...or so I thought.

After excuses from the Ebay seller and false promises, no DVDs ever arrived. Ebay refunded my money today, so now I begin again.

In the meantime, 'hachi, know any good propane accessory related stories? ;)

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Just watch season 4 online man thats what I did but make sure its from a site that supports propaine

I prefer to have them on DVD - something special about having a world on a set of of shiny discs, to watch and re-watch when the mood strikes. (Apart from that, watching moviers online would eat far too much into my monthly limit!)

Nurhachi1991

Montana Smith said:
I prefer to have them on DVD - something special about having a world on a set of of shiny discs, to watch and re-watch when the mood strikes. (Apart from that, watching moviers online would eat far too much into my monthly limit!)

But you live in england you can watch them free on E4s website.... You cant imagine how hard it was for this yank to find all the episodes without getting a computer virus

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
But you live in england you can watch them free on E4s website.... You cant imagine how hard it was for this yank to find all the episodes without getting a computer virus

I'm on a monthly download/upload limit at the moment. I still prefer to wait and savour TV series on DVD. (I even prefer having a series on DVD to watching it week by week on TV).

Best get Skins 4 soon, as 5 will be out before I know it.

http://www.e4.com/skins/