Looks like it is official

San Holo

whipcracker666 said:
I don't feel that its him being wrong that makes him seem like such a tool so much as that he braggs way too f**king much.
This douchebag actually posted a pic of his wife on here before, bragging that she looks like Faith Hill:rolleyes: Looks like things haven't changed that much...

tnswman

San Holo said:
This douchebag actually posted a pic of his wife on here before, bragging that she looks like Faith Hill:rolleyes: Looks like things haven't changed that much...

That happens when you are me :) Things have not changed a bit..there are still losers coming along every day.

tnswman

whipcracker666 said:
I don't feel that its him being wrong that makes him seem like such a tool so much as that he braggs way too f**king much.

it's only bragging to those who are jealous ;) Welcome to the world of on-line action figure showcasing. My suggestion is that you ALL put me on the Ignore list so we can AT LAST talk about the end of this line without you getting your feelings hurt.

singsingjohnny

I'm new here and don't really know anyone yet, but when it comes to a line, especially one this big, being canceled, I need to hear it from the actual company itself in the form of a press release. No offense, I'm sure you have "friends in high places", but to me, you are just an anonymous person on a web site. For all I know you're a 12-year-old kid just trying to get a rise out of people, y'know?

Is it possible that this line is canceled? Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised in the least, with all the figures sitting on the shelves. But a line this big would definitely garner big news on sites like Toy News International, Cool Toy Review, etc. with any news of IJ cancellation. I think even some Star Wars sites might report on any possible cancellation (Galactic Hunter, Rebelscum, etc.) I just haven't seen it anywhere else yet, so for me, right now, it's just speculation of a few random people who may or may not have inside info. And really, I can't remember the last time news actually broke in ToyFare magazine...online news usually scoops them (not always, but usually...)

I'd say everyone chill out. If this line is canceled, we'll DEFINITELY hear about it. But from Hasbro, not some random "insider" on an Indiana Jones fansite, again, no offense to anyone.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not in denial or trying to rationalize why the line ISN'T canceled. I'm happy with what we've got and feel lucky that we even got that! Honestly, if this line were canceled, it'd save me some scratch, so this post isn't a desperate reach for hope. I want the line to continue, but if it is in fact canceled, I'll live.

Last edited:

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
Too bad you are too foolish to understand that I DON'T CARE!!! Habro can hide or open whatever door that is opened. It's funny that i have been 100% right about everything in the past isn't it..HMMMM!!

tnswman said:
Ahhhhh, I have seen this site MANY times since the 1st....No matter what people believe, Indy toys are selling and selling to ALL ages! I mean the Nic channels run at least ONE Indy commercial each time they go to break.

tnswman said:
I think Hasbro has made it VERY clear now that they are going to make every possible figure.. However, It will be done SLOWLY..6-7 figures at a time..

tnswman said:
Hasbro will be surprised when it gets into the single cases of TOD figures with a few Basic Indy and Mutt figures mixed in.

Let's face it, Mutt sells. The Jacket wearing Mutt sells as well as Indy in a lot of areas. There is NOTHING bad about that since Mutt fans will be the Anchor for the Indy line to come.

uhhhh, so far in my area of the country, All that sells after the Collectors get their figures are Indy, Mutt, and the troops. There are NO Basic Indy or Mutt figures to be found in the 2 closest towns. The TOD line will be HUGE as it actually gets into some bad BAD guys for Indy to fight and when you are a kid, that's what you want.

tnswman said:
Hasbro wrongly added the LC wave into two seperate cases filled with already warm peg warmers. Instead of making just LC cases with 2 older Indy figures that would have bulked up the Indys on the shelves.

tnswman said:
One more year???? Come on...You need to go back and see where Hasbro is going to streatch Indy out for at least 3 years....

tnswman said:
Man, I hate it butwhen are you guys going to understand that this line is DEAD...Hasbro destroyed it from the start with every intention of getting the money back that they paid for the rights to the line.

Just a sample of your brilliant accuracy on these forums - and your ability to jump back and forth between "they're selling and Hasbro is brilliant" to "they're warming the pegs and Hasbro is a failure" within a couple of weeks. Just thought I'd refresh everyone. (y)

inky_skin

And once again, the sun sets over a thread which has outlived its good intentions...

Objective reporting for the benefit of the community sacrificed on the altar of ego and slander. Mods - please cap off this thread - honestly, it'd be a mercy killing at this point...

Another collector base implodes as a result of the infighting of its good citizens. I thought we were better than those Star Wars boys ?

tnswman

The beauty of this thread is that we can debate the good and the bad..The good has been that of GREATNESS for a tru Indy fan and collector. the bad has ended up destroying the line. At times you have to weigh the good against the Bad. Sometimes, the good stands out on individual situations as does the bad.

It is VERY possible to LOVE this line and be frustrated with the policy behind it as well.

that very policy has put us in the situation we are in.

Were those who can't understand this concept a little smarter, you could read between the lines and see that the overall product has been an AMAZING journey...a journey that was NEVER meant to be a long term trip into the Indy verse.

No matter what we love or what we hate, WE are NOT ENOUGH to give this line the life that it needs. To be hinest, Hasbro could have done a LOT better on it's KOTCS & ROTLA character choices. However, I will FOREVER be thankful for what we have.

Now it is known that Indy will sell when there is media to support it. When we see Indy again in whatever form Lucas allows, we will see.

Billy Ray

tnswman said:
WOW!! Go buy the truck..It has a crate added....You really love proving yourself wrong..But you are adding posts to your count..Glad i could help....I like being someone's hero and Hobby. Pretty soon you will start responding to EVERY post I make..and once again I will have a neat little stalker.

At least understand how to show proper context right when you make a post.. My GOD am I going to have to do it all for you?

Speaking of your stalkers...what ever happened to MaxPhactor? He would certainly revel in all this hate being thrown your way;) Heck even people on the CTR forums are bad mouthing you. What's that old saying about shooting the messenger?

DutchIndy

I LOVE this line... but I HATE the fact that ToD and LC will not be released here.... super lame. :( (and expensive...)

tnswman

Billy Ray said:
Speaking of your stalkers...what ever happened to MaxPhactor? He would certainly revel in all this hate being thrown your way;) Heck even people on the CTR forums are bad mouthing you. What's that old saying about shooting the messenger?

LOL!! He probably died of EXTASY!!

Like hating on me will make it better LOL! These Internet pups are too stupid to understand reality. Of course I can't help Jealousy. I just don't like to play nice and all A$$ Kissy with idiots. the same baby that's here is a big brat over there. I guess they live so much by the internet that the ycan't understand how people like me who geta few figures from someone in at Hasbro can end up being connected with other people.....I can't help that Hasbro saw and liked my collection. Sure, Les has a HUGE collection and a GREAT website but several writer's, editors, and Hasbro guys wanted to talk with me......All of that came from getting figures early.

Like I said, these figures were TOOLED EARLY on. They didn't make the initial release. so, Hasbro planned These for their 2nd ROTLA set. They were already Prototyped out and ready to show..Soooo, they went to SDCC..We WILL get this line-up IF the line survives..AS OF NOW, it is DEAD....What's so hard to believe about that? It's almost soooo common sense driven that it's absurd that all of this is over some little brat getting mad that toht may not be released. Another aspect of this line was that they at one time talked about mixing the movies up to get more characters out faster. you would have 1-2 new figures from each movie to a case.

ANOTHER thing is that there are more KOTCS Prototype figures out there that have not been seen.

It's like they think that bashing me will somehow hurt me and save the line that they probably hardly supported to begin with.

I have my few friends on here like you and that's all I need. We are all of the same true breed and these nobody posters will fade as always.

then, I will be alone and neglected :( HOWEVER, I LOVE making myself an EASY target...Soooooo, I will have some new takers soon.

Last edited:

Marty Jones

The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people around here who do not believe you have any contacts whatsoever in Hasbro. It has nothing to do with you perceive as "jealousy" and more to do with the fact that you spout off about it all the time without anything to back you up. And there are some of us who remember when you got the figures early - from eBay - way back at the beginning of the year, so you're not fooling anyone. New figures show up early all the time on eBay out of China. Because you pick them up early doesn't lend any creedence to the fact that you're some kind of insider.

I've been on these forums since 2005 - mostly as a lurker, and I've never seen a single shred of evidence that suggests that you are anything more than an average collector with an enormous ego. If you had any credibility about you (and I have yet to see you giving us any foreknowledge from your posts here), it would be a different story, but as it stands, you don't have a track record. If you do and I've missed it, kindly direct me toward specific posts where you gave us information that wasn't widely available that turned out to be true long before anyone else knew about it. You have never once given us anything solid - unlike individuals like Dan Curto on Rebelscum or "Caped Crusader" on Action Figure Insider who have spy reports, early images, etc. that are both reliable and accurate.

So please - show me once where you have had inside information on this forum. And that whole "he's new and doesn't post here and will soon vanish" bit doesn't work for me, because I've been here for a while.

I have nothing against you personally, but I'd like to see something - anything that warrents my believing you have an inside source. This isn't "hating" on you, as you put it. I'm simply calling you out on something. And if I'm wrong, I'll gladly admit it. All I'm asking is for you to show me something of value you've given us that proves you have credibility.

I'm not jealous. I'm curious.

tnswman

Marty Jones said:
The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people around here who do not believe you have any contacts whatsoever in Hasbro. It has nothing to do with you perceive as "jealousy" and more to do with the fact that you spout off about it all the time without anything to back you up. And there are some of us who remember when you got the figures early - from eBay - way back at the beginning of the year, so you're not fooling anyone. New figures show up early all the time on eBay out of China. Because you pick them up early doesn't lend any creedence to the fact that you're some kind of insider.

I've been on these forums since 2005 - mostly as a lurker, and I've never seen a single shred of evidence that suggests that you are anything more than an average collector with an enormous ego. If you had any credibility about you (and I have yet to see you giving us any foreknowledge from your posts here), it would be a different story, but as it stands, you don't have a track record. If you do and I've missed it, kindly direct me toward specific posts where you gave us information that wasn't widely available that turned out to be true long before anyone else knew about it. You have never once given us anything solid - unlike individuals like Dan Curto on Rebelscum or "Caped Crusader" on Action Figure Insider who have spy reports, early images, etc. that are both reliable and accurate.

So please - show me once where you have had inside information on this forum. And that whole "he's new and doesn't post here and will soon vanish" bit doesn't work for me, because I've been here for a while.

I have nothing against you personally, but I'd like to see something - anything that warrents my believing you have an inside source. This isn't "hating" on you, as you put it. I'm simply calling you out on something. And if I'm wrong, I'll gladly admit it. All I'm asking is for you to show me something of value you've given us that proves you have credibility.

I'm not jealous. I'm curious.

AVERAGE collction? Are you high as a kite? LOL!! That's the most famous line to come along yet. I LOVE IT!! Average. Tell you what, Let's compare.
I will Gladly take 2nd place to Les but I dare say that I have the Largest Indiana Jones collection in the USA. I have focused on this collection since 1981 at very HIGH volumes. Do I love the COUNTLESS shirts, Stickers, Books, Clothes, and Misc. items like my toys? NO!! but they are a PROUD part of my Collection.

It just so happens that my obtaining the Early Indy figures ended being a VERY good Hasbro contact As I stated in the past, I worked on this contact for MONTHS before the figures were even produced....Just wait and see...I have nothing to prove and nothing to lose....It just so happens that My collection caught the eye of different people. Not my fault and anyone could have been in the same boat. I hate to tell you but not everything came from ebay my friend..Try to get some facts straight before you advance that pont. In fact, The monopoly game wasa MAJOR hit to Lucas film and had to be removed from different sites when I showed the pictures.

A LOT of info has been given to my FRIENDS in PM's they know I have been Spot on.

So, simply just sit back and watch the wind..It can only blow one way at a time.. If it changes, I have given you the appropriate Hasbro response at this time. Could that change? OF COURSE!!! It all can.

Only people so stuck on the "FACTS" fail to realize that these plans are in motion and not certain until the last decision is made. However, they lean to one side or the other.

Personally, I like the Hate because There are too many babies on here that are not true Fans or collectors. Those people are just in my way. But I do so like to ignite them.

See, Things just work differently here in the USA Maybe your South American ways just blind you to my personality...My Major flaw is not being a regular Action figure Nerd or one to watch my Manners in a forum. I lay out the Info and d@mn the results when it hits.

I'm glad you are not jealouss..THANK YOU!! However, You are WRONG!! sorry!!

Last edited:

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
AVERAGE collction? Are you high as a kite? LOL!! That's the most famous line to come along yet. I LOVE IT!! Average. Tell you what, Let's compare.
I will Gladly take 2nd place to Les but I dare say that I have the Largest Indiana Jones collection in the USA. I have focused on this collection since 1981 at very HIGH volumes. Do I love the COUNTLESS shirts, Stickers, Books, Clothes, and Misc. items like my toys? NO!! but they are a PROUD part of my Collection.

It just so happens that my obtaining the Early Indy figures ended being a VERY good Hasbro contact As I stated in the past, I worked on this contact for MONTHS before the figures were even produced....Just wait and see...I have nothing to prove and nothing to lose....It just so happens that My collection caught the eye of different people. Not my fault and anyone could have been in the same boat. I hate to tell you but not everything came from ebay my friend..Try to get some facts straight before you advance that pont. In fact, The monopoly game wasa MAJOR hit to Lucas film and had to be removed from different sites when I showed the pictures.

I didn't mean to to degrade your collection with my "average collector" comment. It's fine. If you have every item ever released with a "Raiders" logo on it - great! More power to you. It's not necessarily the most impressive Indy collection I've seen, but it is pretty expansive - I'll give you that.

Again though, how would anybody last more than a week on this forum without hearing how "amazing" your collection is? You bring it up constantly. I've even read posts where you said things like "I'm almost up to 2300 pieces."

That said, your "connection" with the early figures was an eBay dealer. There are all sorts of them out there selling figures weeks and sometimes months before they hit the market. That's the extent of your connection. You're making it out to be more than it is and you've given us nothing significant that hasn't been commonplace information since day one. Again, if I'm wrong - give me a link to the post. I'd be happy to take another look.

tnswman said:
See, Things just work differently here in the USA Maybe your South American ways just blind you to my personality...

My location says "South America, 1936." It's an Indy reference. I'm from Ohio. And from what I've gathered, you're more full of manure than our fields. ;) :hat:

You have one of the most inflated egos I have ever come across in ANY forum. You're from Tennessee and you've apparently compared your wife to Faith Hill at some point, so I'll assume you have at least some knowledge of country music. You remind me greatly of that Brad Paisley song: "Online."

You have proven my initial assumption correct. You don't have any connection. the best you can come up with is that you've "PMed some friends." Give me a break. You don't have any insider knowledge. You're just an attention seeker.

Last edited:

Marty Jones

I asked you for a link to one post where you gave us some bit of significant info that wasn't widely available to prove that you have a source at Hasbro and you couldn't produce a single one. That speaks volumes more than I could with another long-winded post like the one I made above. You have zero credibility. You're just a collector with a big collection and a big chip on his shoulder. Print a copy of this post, slap an Indy logo on it, and add that to your massive collection.

Way of the dodo

I just want to know...wha' happened?? In June I was reading in this forum that the line was a hit (and tnswman reassuring everyone that all the googly eyes was just an early glitch, which seems to be true). About 6 weeks later the line was pronounced dying. I know the license from Lucasfilm is expensive, retailers, etc. but looking at the stuff you CAN buy, (like Charlton Heston figures, very big with the kids I'm sure), I don't understand how the parties involved wouldn't rather make a little money off Indy than none at all.

Marty Jones

I'm not convinced that the line is dead just yet. That said, if it is dead, I can quite easily see why. In my neck of the woods (and in every other neck of the woods I've visited from eastern Ohio, the WV pan handle, and western PA) these things never sold well. Around the time the film came out, they sold a bit, but even then these things weren't flying off the shelves. Many of the figures that sat on the pegs from May are still on the pegs in September. Sloppy execution on the production side of things didn't help much either. And neither does the fact that new product is slow to hit stores and nearly impossible to find (I have yet to see Elsa or Vogel on the shelves and have only seen Mutt with his motorcycle once).

I'm hoping the DVD and seasonal shopping will help clear out old product. From then on out, the line could survive if Hasbro treated it like they do their current G.I. Joe line marketing wise. That line certainly isn't being fueled by kids. It's very collector driven - and it's also on shelves in much smaller numbers. The biggest problem is paying Lucas his nickel for every figure. This is something Hasbro doesn't have to do with Joe because they own the rights. If the rates are as lofty as they are for the Star Wars line (and with Lucasfilm, I don't doubt it), it's going to be very hard to stay afloat unless Lucas and company cut Hasbro a better deal to keep product on the shelves.

The line can survive if Hasbro makes some fixes here and there. Here's hoping they don't nuke the fridge here, so to speak. If we make enough noise about this and keep brining it up, I don't think the line will stay dead for long - if it dies at all.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
For those of you who have been wondering, MaxPhactor23 has been...enjoying...a stay in the banana islands. Unless you want to join him, I suggest that we stop the discussion of tnswman and return to the question at hand.