Indiana Jones Omnibus: The Further Adventures Volume 3

yodazone

INDIANA JONES OMNIBUS: THE FURTHER ADVENTURES VOLUME 3

90944486.jpg

Linda Grant (W), David Michelinie (W), Steve Ditko (A), Ricardo Villamonte (A), Bret Blevins (A), and others

On sale Mar 17

FC, 344

$24.99 - TPB, 6" x 9"

The globetrotting hero born of George Lucas?s love for high-adventure 1930s fiction returns! Irreverent archaeologist Dr. Henry ?Indiana? Jones scours the furthest corners of the planet for priceless artifacts, hungry for knowledge about ancient civilizations and in a constant race to beat grave-robbing thieves to the goods. Though his quick wit, resourcefulness, and dashing good looks have gotten him this far, what happens when his Nazi foes attempt to wake the dead through sorcery? Join Steve Ditko and Linda Grant in this value-priced collection to find out!

- This volume also includes the official comics adaptation of The Last Crusade!

- The first three Dark Horse Indiana Jones Omnibus editions have combined to sell over 50,000 copies!

:gun::D

phantom train

Though I still don't have Volume 2 yet, it's great to hear that Volume 3 is scheduled to come next March - My IJ comic collection will truly be complete when this volume is released.

I wanted to Thanks DH again for putting together these reprints. Though I'm unfamiliar with the reprint process, I'm certain it's quite complex (i.e. re-coloring, re-formatting, re-editing, etc.) and I appreciate that DH has put forth the effort for these.

yodazone

Plaristes said:
How did I know without even having to look that Yodazone posted this? :p :gun:

:D :D :D

I hope the next Dark Horse solicit mentions a new "Indy" mini-series or the Volume 3 of the "Adventures" digest....

bananamansk0.gif

Goonie

Here's hoping Dark Horse releases a Young Indiana Jones Omnibus to make the series complete.

Also hoping for an announcement from Dark Horse for a new follow-up Indiana Jones story to Tomb of the Gods.

Plaristes

Goonie said:
Here's hoping Dark Horse releases a Young Indiana Jones Omnibus to make the series complete.

I'm hoping (probably irrationally) that DH will announce a rare tales omnibus of the obscure comics from the UK and France. Or, almost as good, I'm hoping DH will publish translations of the Japanese Young Indy mangas.

lao che & sons

Goonie said:

Also hoping for an announcement from Dark Horse for a new follow-up Indiana Jones story to Tomb of the Gods.

Yep, that would do it. And also a new story like you said would be fantastic. I can't wait for some good news!:D

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Goonie

Goonie, you took the words right out of my mouth! lol always wanted to say/type that!:hat:

This is great news. When TFAOIJ was a first-run book, I stopped reading it--and most other comics--after issue #24. Shortly after that the book went to a bi-monthly publishing schedule. It's also been difficult to find many of those post-#24 books, so it'll be great to have the complete collection in such a handy-dandy format.

Amazon U.S. still has Vol. 3 listed at $24.99; I hope they knock that price down to the perpetual $16.47 like the previous two volumes.

phantom train

Only a little more than 2 1/2 months before Volume 3 is released - I'm really looking forward to this volume as well, especially since I didn't read any of the issues that are going to be reprinted here. I also stopped reading the series around the time these issues came out, so it will be a real treat to have them all in one place.

As a side note: I had completely stopped collecting comics by 1989, so had not idea that Marvel had even done a "Last Crusade" comic adaptation.

IndyBr

And to think that when it's released, I will have to wait for more six (four if I'm lucky) weeks until it get here. :(

IndyBr

Exulted Unicron said:
looks like I'll be taking a trip to Waterstones in april and may to get this volume. It looks awesome

Yeah, it sure does.
Can't wait to read it. I've never read the Marvel comics, so this omnibus are great for me, and this one is the only one left.

Exulted Unicron

I never read any indy comics or novels to begin with. These omnibus editions are the perfect thing for me to catch up on all that I've missed.

IndyBr

Yep, they served the same purpose for me.
I haven't read any of the comics until I've bougth the omibus.
They're not all great, but I think most of the comics are worth reading.
And the novels also.