Skins

Nurhachi1991

Has anyone else had the chance to see this amazing show? It's without a doubt one of the best shows I have ever gotten the chance to see.

skins.jpg

Awesome show if you havent seen it check it out

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Has anyone else had the chance to see this amazing show? It's without a doubt one of the best shows I have ever gotten the chance to see.

Awesome show if you havent seen it check it out

I really like what I've seen of this show, Nurhachi. The UK's Channel 4 had a reputation for pushing boundaries with their programmes.

I missed the first series because all the adverts seemed to show a pretty disgusting image (kids vomiting at parties etc). But, last week I bought a load of DVDs and DVD sets from somebody I know at a regular flea market, including the first series of Skins. I'm putting it off, in the same way that I put off the best bit of a meal until the end (you know, eat all the greens first to get them out of the way).

I also picked up the complete Lexx, which I'm pretty sure was another unusual series that was aired on Channel 4.

Nurhachi1991

You won't be disapointed it's just amazing. I stumbled upon it while online completly by accident and I saw the first episode and was hooked I finished season 2 tonight and it made me cry it's a very powerful show. I'm tempted to watch series 3 but I heard it sucks because it doesnt have the original cast.

adventure_al

I've got to say I dislike it.

It is just garbage really. Who wants to watch a bunch of poncey students make a hash of their lives.

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
You won't be disapointed it's just amazing. I stumbled upon it while online completly by accident and I saw the first episode and was hooked I finished season 2 tonight and it made me cry it's a very powerful show. I'm tempted to watch series 3 but I heard it sucks because it doesnt have the original cast.

Just finished watching the first series and I loved it. Funny, sad, unpredictable and utterly irreverent! It appeals to the part of me that finds Family Guy entertaining. I've just ordered the Series 1-3 box set from Woolies, and it should be going out the same day as the 3 seasons of Young Indy.

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Awesome! I heard season 3 is lame but I might watch it anyway

I think it's bits of season 3 that I saw on TV, and what I saw was good. I remember that Effy was in it, but don't know if any other original characters were.

Nurhachi1991 said:
What character did you like the best?

That's really hard to answer. The acting was top notch and if you get into the show, then you start to feel for the characters. It's like when Cassie almost eats something, you're willing her to eat, as with a show like this you just don't know if they'll kill a character off at any moment.

Angie was really cool for a teacher.

Jal was a steadying influence.

Michelle is always very watchable.

Madison Twatter was a blast! ('You staring at my 'tash?')

There were so many great scenes, and because the show pushes itself beyond the normal limits you feel that almost anything's going to happen: the nurse dragging the patient back to Cassie's hospital (!) The fight in the bathroom that results in the squatter evicting Chris.

There's some great cameos by Peter Capaldi, Harry Enfield, Neil Morrissey, Sarah Lancashire and Geoffrey Hughes (Fat B******d, the scrap dealer).

Nurhachi1991

I hear you Montana Smith the acting is excellent and the episodes are just so real and engaging

My favorite is a tie between Tony and Sid

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
I hear you Montana Smith the acting is excellent and the episodes are just so real and engaging

My box set of the 3 seasons (£16.97 delivered) was desptached yesterday according to Woolworths, but my order for the three seasons of Young Indy is still awaiting stock pick, and still showing as expected despatch date 4th January.

Montana Smith

I watched season 2, and I know what you mean, Nurhachi. It's powerful stuff.

I started on season 3 and the change of pace and characters was hard to get into first, but it's still good. Effy is now the main character from the previous series, and Pandora returns as the dippy west country lass. Harry Enfield is there as Effy's father, and the brilliant Fat B******d is there as Cooke's uncle.

Mad Twatter is replaced by a local gangster and his comedy goons, and he isn't how you expect him to be!

Season 4 starts here on E4 on 28th January at 10pm.

Nurhachi1991

I still havent watched season 3. I dunno without the original cast I just cant get into it I want to know what happened to Sid in New York or what is going to happen to Anwar or Sketch

Season 4 should go back to the original cast but I doubt it will

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
I still havent watched season 3. I dunno without the original cast I just cant get into it I want to know what happened to Sid in New York or what is going to happen to Anwar or Sketch

Season 4 should go back to the original cast but I doubt it will

Season 3 gets better and better with each episode, and it's starting to get the feel of the originals. I think every two years, if Skins continues, they'll always change the cast as it's centred on the students and the college. But, there are references to those that have left, so maybe Season 4 will explore that a bit more.

Nurhachi1991

m 2 episodes in to season 3 and its ok.

I liked when Cook,Freddy and JJ discovered Sids old locker and I take it Cook is supposed to be the new Chris hes not as good though.

But its pretty good id take it anyday over the crappy American teen shows

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
m 2 episodes in to season 3 and its ok.

I liked when Cook,Freddy and JJ discovered Sids old locker and I take it Cook is supposed to be the new Chris hes not as good though.

But its pretty good id take it anyday over the crappy American teen shows

Cook is a sort of replacement for Chris, but he's different. Cook's even more self-centred. Season 3 becomes quite a wild ride. Looking forward to seeing how the end of 3 will resolve itself in season 4.

Nurhachi1991

I havent watched Skins for awhile but I watched JJs episode tonight. I think I like Cook better than Chris now lol never thought id say that

Montana Smith

I missed the first episode of Skins season 4, so I decided not to watch them on TV, as they're best watched in order. I'll have to pick up the DVD sometime.

I think Cook is a more extreme character than Chris - he has a nihilistic tendency so you never know what he's going to do next. Season 3 was really powerful, which is why I want to see the story develop in order in season 4.

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

Exactly. Your lucky tho haha living in the states makes the show a lot harder to find. Wow I was surprised what Emily did for JJ at the end of the episode. I wish I had friends like that!! Hahaha

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Exactly. Your lucky tho haha living in the states makes the show a lot harder to find. Wow I was surprised what Emily did for JJ at the end of the episode. I wish I had friends like that!! Hahaha

That's why I like the show so much - it's full of surprises!

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Did you hear about the US remake of Skins?

http://celebriscoop.com/2010/03/07/first-look-at-u-s-skins-cast/

Looks rubbish.

I hate how the US has to remake EVERYTHING!! You dont see the U.K. remaking our crappy ass shows like Glee or House. The U.K. is on the ball for tv shows!

I hadn't heard about it, but as far as I'm concerned when the US remakes a UK TV show, they seem to lose everything that made the original great. The Office was a clever show when Ricky Gervais did it, but the US version is nothing like it. It might as well be an entirely different idea.

I can imagine the US turning Skins into 90210!