Hey, I'm new.

HJTHX1138

Alright, finally got to make my first post. I was a bit of a lurker ever sense I accidently ran into this site while reading about the different Indy stuff in the Disney parks. I got busy, couldn't make a post 'till now.

Usually go by Joe and if it wasn't crystal, I love Indiana Jones and adventure serials/tropes in general. Wasn't around to see every movie in theaters, but I got my first taste in Disneyland on the "Forbidden Eye" . . .

. . . Well actually I was forced because I was roughly six and scared out of my wits. I eventually stumbled upon a copy of "Temple of Doom" on VHS and watched it late one night and started to get into it. (This solidified after I spent an entire day whipping trees with a shoe-string while wearing a cowboy hat).

I later saw "Raiders" and then "Crusade", so I watched them in chronological order. I also got to see "Crystal Skull" at the directors guild, I don't totally hate it, but it is different.

I'm very big on the LucasArts adventure games, although I started my Indy based games with "Emperor's Tomb" which was kinda fun. I love the the "Fate of Atlantis" like crazy and I still haven't finished it or "Crusade" (very close w/ Atlantis btw). Also like Monkey Island, The Dig, Sam and Max and Full Throttle. Non LucasArts: Flight of the Amazon Queen and Beneath a Steel Sky. I really wish the real "Staff of Kings" had seen the light of day, because aside from the terrible motion controls, I liked it.

I need more merch! I had all of the "Raiders" toys Hasbro made post "Skull". I have virtually every Lego set. I'd definitely like some vintage stuff and at least one Sideshow Indy, or Hot Toys or whoever has the best one right now.

I'm a sketcher/doodler, I used to love drawing maps and ideas for Indy adventures, I even have a leather journal with a few adventures fully documented. They're insanely cheesey though. I have a deviantart account, again mostly sketches:http://hjthx1138.deviantart.com/

I'm also crazy about movies, and a bit of a Sci-Fi buff. (P.S. I loved "The Adventures of Tin Tin")

Yep, that's all I wanted to say, hope that wasn't too much. :)

Welcome to the Raven, good first post...lots of info.

Sounds like you've got an interest to fit every personality here.

Hope to see some Indy sketches out of you.:hat:

Montana Smith

HJTHX1138 said:
I have a deviantart account, again mostly sketches:http://hjthx1138.deviantart.com/

Welcome, HJTHX1138. Or should we call you or Joe? ;)

Another deviant joins the asylum! Is word of The Raven spreading over in that neck of the woods?

I need more merch! I had all of the "Raiders" toys Hasbro made post "Skull". I have virtually every Lego set. I'd definitely like some vintage stuff and at least one Sideshow Indy, or Hot Toys or whoever has the best one right now.

I love toys, too. :eek:

Like you I have all the Hasbro releases, and 'virtually' all the Lego sets (I couldn't bring myself to buy the Akator Temple, though I did make sure to get the figures from it).

As for a 1/6 Indy, I'd highly recommend the Hot Toys. Believe me, he looks so much better in hand than most photos can do justice.

:hat:

Last edited by a moderator:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
HJTHX1138 said:
Alright, finally got to make my first post. I was a bit of a lurker ever sense I accidently ran into this site while reading about the different Indy stuff in the Disney parks. I got busy, couldn't make a post 'till now.

Usually go by Joe and if it wasn't crystal, I love Indiana Jones and adventure serials/tropes in general. Wasn't around to see every movie in theaters, but I got my first taste in Disneyland on the "Forbidden Eye" . . .

Very interesting. Based on how you found us, perhaps you've seen the thread already, but I'd be interested to see what you have to say in this thread, especially with regards to whether the films seemed to offer what you would have expected from the attraction. You were young, but still.

Might want to swing by here, too...

Glad to have you here!