TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Fanwork and Activities
User Name
Password

Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
HenryJunior
IndyFan

Well some interesting things have developed in the production of TDOC. For the time being the storyline involving Belloq is getting dropped in favor of a more simplified story. I've always believed the best movies are made by overcoming problems and being told no, so in a strange way I'm still very confident. The changes shouldn't delay the movie. We started building sets and gathering the final pieces we need. Indy's Costume is complete, and full production is nearly underway.
HenryJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:52 AM   #27
HenryJunior
IndyFan

And so it begins!

7/24/13 First Day of Filming!

About one minute of finished film was captured, and I should continue progressing throughout the week.

Here's a sneak preview still from the movie!

Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
kongisking
IndyFan

He's in Orellana's Cradle, again!
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:35 AM   #29
HenryJunior
IndyFan

7/30/13 First Unit Finished

After 3 nights of shooting, the first Unit (interiors) is done! This portion was the largest chunk of the movie and it feels great to have it done. The most time consuming part is coming up now though, the special effects.

At the same time, I'm moving onto the Second Unit, Exterior shots!
Old 09-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #30
pastureized
IndyFan

Hey, how's production been going?
pastureized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #31
kongisking
IndyFan

Yeah, what he said. Hope the production is going swimmingly.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #32
HenryJunior
IndyFan

It's just a waiting game for certain things right now. I'm excited to say a new original villain has been put in the film, but something always seems to get in the way of shooting days. Hopefully within a week or two we will have the climax filmed. My friend is a little busy but he is still committed to working on the animated FX shots for me.

About a week ago I started shooting the opening sequence, it was very satisfying to finally get a peek at the opening credits.

I truly appreciate the continued interest from my fellow Raveners, this movie is for all of you. Things have just slowed down a bit now that school has started. I couldn't tell you exactly when, but the end is almost in sight.

We may be getting a trailer soon as well.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #33
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryJunior
It's just a waiting game for certain things right now. I'm excited to say a new original villain has been put in the film, but something always seems to get in the way of shooting days. Hopefully within a week or two we will have the climax filmed. My friend is a little busy but he is still committed to working on the animated FX shots for me.

About a week ago I started shooting the opening sequence, it was very satisfying to finally get a peek at the opening credits.

I truly appreciate the continued interest from my fellow Raveners, this movie is for all of you. Things have just slowed down a bit now that school has started. I couldn't tell you exactly when, but the end is almost in sight.

We may be getting a trailer soon as well.

I presume my offer to do voice-over still is being considered?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
HenryJunior
IndyFan

In a perfect world my fan film would be long enough for a trailer with your voice Kongisking, but any longer and I'd be giving away the whole movie . I may revisit your offer if I make another trailer though, I still would like to make a tribute to the over the top 80's Raiders trailer.

10/22/13
Anyways folks, HERE IT IS! The first real trailer! The previous ones were tests of sorts, the first one was so inaccurate and old I removed it . This past week I filmed scenes with my friend Brittany. Thus I can officially introduce you to another villain in the world of Indiana Jones, Sylvia Ward.

Please feel free to tell me what you think! The movie is getting so close now, I couldn't tell you exactly when, but soon. Thanks as usual fellow Raveners!
Old 10-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
kongisking
IndyFan

A perfectly serviceable teaser, if you ask me! Good stuff!

And no worries about the voice-over. Should you require me, I shall be around...
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
pastureized
IndyFan

Looks awesome! Your cinematography is good, can't wait for more!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #37
HenryJunior
IndyFan

January 13, 2014 UPDATE

I took a bit of hiatus but good things are happening.

I recently had my Computer and editing software upgraded. I'm going to re-edit the existing footage for 1080 HD quality, much better color correction, and I can finally start FX shots. My footage was originally shot in 1080 HD but I had to compress it down to 720 resulting in a very poor grainy image. Since the final version will be re-edited there may be minor discrepancies from the trailer, but the final product will be so much better.

I still need to plan my final block of shooting, pick ups and filling in the gaps, etc. I recently had my hair cut to match continuity so I need to take advantage of that as soon as possible

I did finish my first FX shot this past weekend which I'm very pleased with since it was something I've been planning for almost a year and a half

My summer schedule also appears to be in place, so a release date This Summer seems very feasible. Who knows, I usually over estimate things so it could be sooner...

Thanks for the support!

Last edited by HenryJunior : 01-13-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #38
HenryJunior
IndyFan

April 6th 2014 UPDATE

Great news! I filmed what is going to be the ending of the film this weekend! I A big chunk is now crossed off. There is still a scene towards the middle and some other little shots to pick up, but filming is back underway!

Also last time I had just started re-editing with better color correction and 1080 HD. I've gone about as far as I can with that until some of the missing things fall into place. I'm gonna try to plan for filming this coming weekend. If I can get as much as possible done, filming my wrap very soon.

Plain text updates are boring so here's a frame from what I filmed this weekend:

Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #39
kongisking
IndyFan

Thrilled that this bad boy is back in production. Best of luck on its completion!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #40
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

SO many fan films (Indy and otherwise) never quite reach the finish line, (Ahem, ahem "Treasure of the Templars") that it's wonderful you're still working on this baby.

Best of luck, looking forward to the finished product. Looking great so far!
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:42 AM   #41
HenryJunior
IndyFan

Thanks for the kind words guys this movie has been a very long time coming, and it doesn't help when you're a one man crew most of the time. It's weird how movies work, after about a year and and half since I started I only have about 5 minutes of edited film. Will the finished movie be worth all that time? Who knows. Keep in mind the vast majority of that time wasn't actually spent in full production either due to lack of resources or time. The actual time spent working probably only amounts to a few weeks max, but hey life tends to get in the way.

However long it takes, I don't tend to give up on film projects, this is going to get finished. I'm standing in the shadows of Eric Zala and Chris Strompolos who pulled off something far and away more ambitious than anything I've done. With that kinda of precedent already set, it motivates me to finish.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #42
pastureized
IndyFan

Any updates? Have you managed to get some more filming done? I can't wait to see this.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #43
Stoo
IndyFan

Since you're doing this with Indy in his Boy Scout outfit, have you ever considered calling it, "Young Indiana Jones and the…"?

A title like that would be a first for fan-made films (I think) and would make it stand out from all the rest.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #44
HenryJunior
IndyFan

I took a short mental break from this to work on some other projects. I have also been working a summer job, so the drive to do anything other than relax during my downtime also slowed things down, but never fear this is still coming.

Seeing new posts on this thread made me realize there still is some interest in this project which has injected some enthusiasm to make the final push to finish this beast so I may move on to other projects I would like to go after.

Last night (and a few weeks a ago) I finished some more FX shots that needed to be done. Leaving the boring stuff for last has a way of undermining motivation

I expect great strides to be made in the coming weeks, with a little effort this could wrap fairly soon.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #45
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryJunior
I took a short mental break from this to work on some other projects. I have also been working a summer job, so the drive to do anything other than relax during my downtime also slowed things down, but never fear this is still coming.

Seeing new posts on this thread made me realize there still is some interest in this project which has injected some enthusiasm to make the final push to finish this beast so I may move on to other projects I would like to go after.

Last night (and a few weeks a ago) I finished some more FX shots that needed to be done. Leaving the boring stuff for last has a way of undermining motivation

I expect great strides to be made in the coming weeks, with a little effort this could wrap fairly soon.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #46
HenryJunior
IndyFan

Apologies Stoo, I never responded to your comment about the addition of "Young" to the title. This was something I considered a long time ago but eventually decided against.

To me "Young" would imply it somehow ties directly into the Television series, when it doesn't really. I never really liked the title "Young" anyways I think it was just put there to help differentiate it from the films. I appreciate your thoughts, it did briefly make me reconsider, but I've been committed to this title for over a year now.

A couple of Chronology notes for this Film:

There is a rather convenient gap for storytelling, as the Young Indy Series takes a break from from 1910-1916. The River Phoenix bit in Last Crusade takes place in 1912, which sets up the Hat and whip. I wanted that in the movie obviously, so it must take place between 1912-1916.

These gaps are mostly filled in by the Random House Licensed books which came out around the time of the TV series. How strongly you consider these canon isn't of a whole lot of consequence, but I wanted to be fair and looked further still for a logical timeline gap. The books do quite a bit of globe-trotting, but it just so happens that in May 1914 Indy is going to school in Utah (which consequently burns down).

So, quite coincidentally (and conveniently) Indy is in the right place for my movie, the American West of 1914! Indy movies don't disclose exact months and dates but, to be accurate let's say mid to late April 1914

Plus I think it's cool this will be released 100 years after it's supposed to take place

Film Updates:
I've spent the last week doing quite a lot of work editing, which has resulted in several chunks of the movie being finalized (music, sound mix, color, all finished). It's still a bit of a jumble but completed portions are taking shape which is exciting.

Even Better news is that this week I intend to film the missing portions. I reviewed the current cut to make a FINAL SHOT LIST that is required to finish the movie.

It's so darn close fellow Raveners!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:39 AM   #47
HenryJunior
IndyFan

Filming Has Officially Wrapped!

I can't believe it, It felt like it would never happen. All scenes and extra shots have been finished! All that remains is the sound mix and a few minor tweaks.

This is it, I'm committing to a release date now:

July 22, 2014

Just less than a WEEK everyone!

Jeez now I gotta go make a poster...
Old 07-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #48
HenryJunior
IndyFan

3 Days until Indy!

Until then, here's the poster!

Here's a link to the very large High-Res version:
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/...4.jpg~original
Old 07-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #49
kongisking
IndyFan

Am I gonna be the only one congratulating HenryJunior here? Come on, people!

Really happy you've finally got this done, man. Excited to see the proper work in its finished glory!

Last edited by kongisking : 07-19-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:19 AM   #50
HenryJunior
IndyFan

It's here.

It's been a crazy journey, but it's done. Thank you so much for the continued interest and support. I hope every Indy fan and member of this forum gets a chance to see this, it's for you.