TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Fanwork and Activities
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #26
DazDaMan
IndyFan

Raiders: The Adaptation

I've had a browse for a thread on here, but I can't seem to find anything.

Anyway, does anyone know where it might be possible to view Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation?

I've seen the opening ten minutes on YouTube, but that's about it (and it was brilliant!).

I'm really surprised it hasn't ended up on DVD or something somewhere...
DazDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #27
Attila the Professor

http://www.theraider.net/films/raide...screenings.php

Here's a list of screenings, but if your cited location is accurate, it probably won't be much help to you.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:13 AM   #28
DazDaMan
IndyFan

Yeah, sadly my geographical location has me at a disadvantage somewhat....!

Never mind!
DazDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #29
Rococo
IndyFan

I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes to San Diego next month- but I'm surprised it hasn't made any kind of DVD debut. If the movie about the movie does eventually get made, I would assume that The Adaptation would make it out on some kind of release- maybe even as a 2nd disc?
Rococo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #30
Rococo
IndyFan

Just got back from a screening of Raiders: The Adaptation in La Jolla. The crowd was very positive and encouraging, and seemed to enjoy the film a lot. I spotted a few fedora's in the audience, as well as at least one full Indy, which really "made" the atmosphere.

Looked at as a whole, the film is amazing in both it's attention to detail and mastery of the effects and stunts. When you consider the age of the kids who pulled all of this off- wow. All I know is I was never (and probably never will be) that creative or resourceful- so my hats off to those boys. It sounds like they are doing quite well now, and they deserve every bit of success.

Really the only tragedy of the whole thing is the poor visual and audio quality that it has been left with- a combination I suspect of age, poor equipment in the beginning, and copies of copies of copies. I think if you didn't know the script well going in, you'd miss quite a bit of the dialogue that is either drowned out by background noise, or garbled. I'm sure the copy being shown now has been cleaned up some, but I wonder if there is any hope for cleaning the tape up more so that it's just not quite so rough, especially the audio track. Just balancing voice to background to music would make a world of difference.

All in all, quite an experience, and one I recommend highly to anyone in a city where it might be playing. Apparently it's being screened in Brazil sometime soon- so you international folks might not be as out of luck as you think!
Old 07-11-2008, 02:11 AM   #31
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

Ever since I heard about this thing I've wanted to see it, but despite all the rave reviews it gets, it's remained maddeningly unobtainable.
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #32
Rococo
IndyFan

From what the filmmakers said, Copyright laws make it pretty much impossible for them to try and get it out on DVD. They can only show it at screenings where it benefits a non-profit, so that they don't make any $$$ from the proceeds.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #33
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
any chance it goes global???
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #34
Rococo
IndyFan

It's been international before, and it's going to Brazil soon- so there is hope!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #35
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
has it gone down under though?

nothin ever goes to OZ
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #36
mrbender
IndyFan

Raiders: The Adaptation DVD

I want to see it i wish there was a DVD
mrbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #37
twlightzone1205
IndyFan

The special screenings are nowhere near my area. After seeing the first five minutes on youtube I would like to see it released on DVD as well.
twlightzone1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #38
mrbender
IndyFan

Ya same i looked on youtube does anyone have a link
mrbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #39
Rococo
IndyFan

According to the filmmakers, the chances of a DVD release of the Adaptation movie are very small, due to copyright issues. They are not pursuing that avenue at this time.

That being said, when or if the movie about them/the film ever comes out, they did not rule out the possibility of the Adaptation being included on a DVD release. Best case scenario, that's still many years from now.

I saw it a few weeks ago in San Diego- great fun, and worth seeing if it comes to your area.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #40
The Man
IndyFan

Coming To A Theatre Near You..?

Quote:
The BBFC have just cleared the film for - surprise, surprise - a PG rating, as per the original. It was submitted to them by Vue Entertainment, the company that owns and runs the Vue cinema chain across the UK - including my local multiplex, here in Oxford.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #41
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I've always wanted to see this and have never had the chance since it has never been screened in my part of Australia (I believe it has been screened in Sydney which is like 1000 k's from where I am, but am not 100% on whether it did screen).

I did see an interview with them on "Enough Rope" with Andrew Denton a couple of years back and saw bits and pieces, and it looked pretty cool.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #42
Texas
IndyFan

I hope they decide to have screening in the Lone Star State one of these days.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:33 AM   #43
CinemaBoy
IndyFan

Thumbs up Raiders Adaptation in the UK !

Wow, has anyone seen the latest on this years screenings ? Raiders guys are finally coming to the UK

Check out this link

www.myvue.com/raiders

I brought my pair this morning - looks to be a great night. I've been dying to see this fan film since i was small. Any one else from the UK excited as I am?

Fortune & glory indeed !
CinemaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #44
The Man
IndyFan

The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #45
Rhys135
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaBoy
Wow, has anyone seen the latest on this years screenings ? Raiders guys are finally coming to the UK

Check out this link

www.myvue.com/raiders

I brought my pair this morning - looks to be a great night. I've been dying to see this fan film since i was small. Any one else from the UK excited as I am?

Fortune & glory indeed !

Would love to go, but I've got no one to go with and even though I've been in London on my own twice, I'm not famillar with that area and don't like being alone at night there. If only there was a UK gang off here going, I could go with em'

Enjoy, and do report back!
Rhys135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #46
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaBoy
I've been dying to see this fan film since i was small.
When did you 1st hear about it? I thought it only came to light about 7 years ago. Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys135
Would love to go, but I've got no one to go with and even though I've been in London on my own twice, I'm not famillar with that area and don't like being alone at night there. If only there was a UK gang off here going, I could go with em'
It's Leicester Square. I know that area, have been there at night and didn't see that much to be worried about. Dang, I wish I knew about this sooner because it's only 5 days away and I won't be able to make it! It's such a short flight from Geneva to London and I fear I'll NEVER get to see this! I would have joined you, Rhys!

When news of "Adaptation" surfaced, I read a great article about its making and one of my favourite anecdotes was about creating the boulder. They started it in a bedroom using papier-maché and when it was completed, it was so large they couldn't get it out of the room! Bwaahaha!

P.S. If Colonel Musgrov a.k.a. director, Eric Zala, is reading this, I know one of the organizers for Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival and would gladly put you in guys in touch if you ever plan to bring your film to The Great White North. PLEASE! I AM BEGGING YOU!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #47
Colonel Musgrov
IndyFan

We'd love to!

Hey Stoo! Thanks for the invite to the Great White North! Chris and I would love to do a screening in Montreal. To put us in touch with the organizers of for Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival, please just have them drop us a line at raidersadaptation@earthlink.net

Hope it works out!
-Eric Zala
Colonel Musgrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #48
Stoo
IndyFan

EXCELLENT, Eric! Montreal would be proud to host a Canadian premiere screening of your film! This year's Fantasia is currently underway (July 9 - July 29) so when it's finished we'll see what can be arranged for July 2010. Let's do this!

http://www.fantasiafestival.com/2009/en/films/
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #49
pellman
IndyFan

Raiders: the Adaptation Theatrical Trailer

I recreated the original theatrical trailer for ROTLA using video from the adapation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGhr0kjrU7s
pellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #50
indyclonejr
IndyFan

how did you get that footage ?
indyclonejr is offline   Reply With Quote