Bill & Ted 3

Indy's brother

As first mentioned by Moedred in the Ghostbusters 3 thread, turns out there's more going on with BT3. Here's the quote from Keanu Reeves:

MTV, who got the initial news from Reeves, caught up with Winter to get his reaction to all this Bill & Ted talk. According to him, the movie has been years in the making, they just never buckled down to shoot it.

?We kicked around the idea over the years and had always thought if we could make something that was as kind of genuine in spirit as the originals and without falling prey to kind of retro cynicism or something that was unnecessary, it would be worth doing,. Now the cat?s out of the bag, and the truth is that, yeah, we have finally hit upon an idea that we think is pretty great.?

Link

phantom train

This is truly hilarious news - though I liked the first two Bill & Ted films, the idea of making one so many years later is so ridiculous, it just might work. It will be difficult (if not impossible) to have this as good as the first two, if for no other reason than that the two main actors are so much older now, and may not be be able to play burned-out doofuses as well -but, it just might work. Intriguing, if nothing else.

The Drifter

How could they top the first two? Bill and Ted go to the past and future in the first, and then they travel to Heaven and Hell in the second. What else could they do to top that?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of the movies, but I don't want them making a movie just to out-do the crazy antics of the first two, nor do I want to see it made just for the sake of nostalgia.

Indy's brother

Yeah, I don't know what to expect from this, but it would be really great if they could pull off an 80's film franchise revival better than the others that have tried before them. (Hey, I like KOTCS, Diehard, Rambo, & Rocky, but they all could have been better)

The dumb way would be to show them all grown up, responsible, with families, etc, then they get thrown back into the time-travel business and reclaim the simple pleasures of their wasted youth. Blech. I hope they portray B&T as a couple of carefree single losers that never got any further in life than flipping burgers and are oblivious to their failings.

Indy's brother

Something I missed

Apparently Alex Winter (Bill S. Preston, Esquire) had a little more to say on BT3, specifically in regards to the fact that comedy legend George Carlin (Rufus) is no longer with us:

He was such a big part of the spirit of the originals, and we've been trying to be clever about making a new one that can handle the Carlin issue. It's actually stopped us in the past — why do it without Rufus? We've been delicate about moving around him."

Also of note is that the script is being penned by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, the writing team that originally conceived of the characters, and who wrote both of the previous installments

Last edited:

The Drifter

Indy's brother said:
Also of note is that the script is being penned by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, the writing team that originally conceived of the characters, and who wrote both of the previous installments

That's good to know. They would be the only ones to get the characters right. I wish they would at least feed us a small tidbit of the plot.

Indy's brother

Spoiler-ish things are afoot at the Circle K:

(And here is a fan-made teaser poster to put a break in this post while you contemplate reading any further)

bill-and-ted-3-fan-teaser_477x702.png

Reeves revealed that the would-be-sequel will directly follow up on the events of the last film, 1991's Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, in which the titular duo's band, Wyld Stallyns made their first steps towards their destiny of creating music that brings about the dawn of world peace and a new Renaissance. (Although some may argue that Rebecca Black already accomplished this very feat by unifying people in hatred towards one song.)
Reeves remarks:
"When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened," he said. "So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back."

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow...movie-script-close-to-finished/#ixzz1IhlXhM5n

Indy's brother

One step closer, the script is complete:

Actor Alex Winter recently revealed that the script for Bill & Ted 3 is complete and in his possession. Take a look at what he had to say below through his Twitter account.

"@antmaurizio: Bill & Ted 3, less than 6 weeks away and counting? Movie is gonna kick some ass." > Just got the script. And now to read..."

Indy's brother

Alex Winter (Bill S. Preston, Esquire) had much to say on the topic Jan 24th:

"I don't know. In all frankness, it's just a slow universe. It took us fifteen years to come up with an idea that we thought we'd want to do. We is just me and Keanu and Chris (Matheson) and Ed (Solomon) and we're all really close friends,? Winter said. ?We talk about it from time to time and we see each other a lot anyway. It's always like, 'Is there anything there to do? Is there a 'there' there?' A couple years ago, we were having dinner and we came up with an idea which has evolved over the years that we thought was really great. And we spent another year developing it just the four of us. Then Chris and Ed spent another year writing it. And the script only got finished two months ago and it's really green. It's the beginning of what could be nothing, frankly.?

?There's hoopla because frickin' Reeves keeps blathering about it. Every time he's interviewed he talks about it and he's one of my closest friends and I love him dearly, but I think he's got a very post-modern sense of humor. I think he's doing it partially just to (expletive) with people. We wrote a script. We like it. We don't really even have the rights. Well, we kinda have the rights.?

?There's a long road of crap we have to deal with before it ever, if it ever, becomes a movie. I can tell you that Chris and Ed are really great writers and the script is fantastic so it would be fun to do.?

On a personal note, I finally picked up the two Bill & Ted movies and watched them for the first time again in probably a decade. The First one oozes 80's goodness. The second one felt like the 80's, was made in '91, and it oozed a little something less desirable. Still fun though. Excellent Adventure was just where I left it in my heart as the loveably goofy romp it was back when. As the credits rolled I was grinning like an idiot. Bogus Journey aged with a little less grace....kind of had me rooting for their "Evil Us's". Still, the B&T universe remains my favorite vehicle for both actors, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Of course with several 80's film franchises having difficulty gaining enough momentum to resurrect their respective sequels from development hell, might I (re)suggest this move:

I say knock out all three in one movie. In Bill and Ted 3, they go back in time to borrow an artifact from Indy 5 that has the power to bring Peter Venkman back to life in Ghostbusters 3. With that much star power there's no way it could suck. It'd probably sweep the oscars, too.....

GBBTIJ 3/5!!!!!!

:p

Indy's brother

The script done, now trying to get it greenlit

This thing just keeps slowly trudging along. Here's the latest:

Keanu Reeves confirms to The Independent that the script for "Bill and Ted 3" is finished. ?Yeah, we have a script,? Reeves told the British paper. "We?re trying to put it together. It?s a good script too.? Reeves? co-star in time-traveling misadventure, Alex Winter, tweeted the good news on Sunday: ?Script done? Check. We love it? Check. Green light? Working on it!?

Indy's brother

Joe Brody said:
Who would finance a throwback like this in a Harold and Kumar world?

You never can tell, Keanu has an ample career in sci-fi film, and he's about to embark on his directorial debut. As a big name, they could conceivably get the thing financed on that and the brand recognition of B&T alone. After all, I'm not the only middle-ged sucker that would pay to see it.