Star Trek 2009

The Golden Idol

Vance said:
Sadly, it comes down to a deliverance Shatner gave (as Kirk) in the episode "The Savage Curtain" (I believe, there are some TOS episodes that I mix up still), where he's required to read out the preamble to the US Constitution. This scene was incredibly badly written, and Shatner has to lay it on very thick to make it work at all.

Some people, sadly, have taken this very bad scene as somehow indicative of his overall acting performance.

So, that's the only instance of Shatner's strange "speech pattern"?

BTW, the episode was "Omega Glory".

Vance

The Golden Idol said:
So, that's the only instance of Shatner's strange "speech pattern"?

BTW, the episode was "Omega Glory".

Thanks, for some reason the episode titles with the 'native people' themes always blur for me.

Strictly speaking, it's not the only example, but it's by far the most egregious.

In other cases it shows up only slightly whenever Shatner has to choke down a particularly preachy or 'out of mood' line. Consider his delivery at the end of 'Undiscovered Country', during the reshot final scenes, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The Man

24.jpg

agentsands77

Nothing I've seen from or heard about this film gives me any indication that this will be worthwhile. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a DOA disaster.

The Golden Idol

agentsands77 said:
Nothing I've seen from or heard about this film gives me any indication that this will be worthwhile. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a DOA disaster.

Well, it's good to have low expectations. You either get pleasantly surprised when you watch the film, or you just shrug it off if it sucks. :)

The Man

Bvance said:
Here she is:

enterprise579_l.jpg

I want to know what you think.

I will need some time for her to grow on me.

I think she's beautiful and elegant. Retro, yes, but not slavishly so...

Dr Bones

Could be good...I will want to see it.

For the record...I like Star Wars, Star Trek and Indy.

The room I am sitting is is full of geeky collectibles from all 3, (among others).

I like em all the same but for different reasons obviously.

Agent Z

Dr Bones said:
Could be good...I will want to see it.

For the record...I like Star Wars, Star Trek and Indy.

The room I am sitting is is full of geeky collectibles from all 3, (among others).

I like em all the same but for different reasons obviously.

Dr. Jones or Dr. Bones..it's all good! (y)