Indiana Jones and the temple of doom (figure)

hemble

Hi All

The figure is again the 7" Disney Indiana Jones figure, the base is the first diorama I did I haven't made a diorama for this figure yet still wondering what to make. When the putty and sanding was done the figure was painted with Vallejo, Repaer and GW paints

RECIPE

1: Figure - The figure is again the Disney figure I removed the arms and jacket sections and replaced the right arm with a 7" Artasylum Mirror Universe Captain Kirk arm and the left arm is from a 7" Artasylum Battle Damage Kirk.

I used green stuff for the cuff section of the left arm, The whip damage on Indy's back and the torn left leg pants I used green stuff and just spread it over the area and pulled it apart to simulate ripped clothing.

2: Base - The base is from the first Indy diorama as I wanted to display him with something and I still haven't decided what diorama I'm going to do.

3: Whip, Bag and Sankara Stone - The whip you get with the figure is again very nice except you can't roll it so I cut off the whip section and the hand grip and added real leather to both ends. The bag I kept the rubber/plastic bag section and cut off the plastic strap and added real leather for the straps. The Sankara Stone is made using Games Workshops Green stuff two part putty it was let to dry and then painted.

td1.jpg

td4.jpg

td6.jpg

td7.jpg

td5.jpg

td8.jpg

Ron

Little Indy

How do you do it? That is like 4 Indys that you have pumped out in two weeks time. VERY NICE WORK. You painting skills are superb. I know exactly what green stuff is and you did a great job with it here. That color on the Sankara Stone is spot on! Once I get a little closer to starting map room Indy I will ask you for the mixes you used on your paints. Great work.

hemble

Hi All

Little Indy -
How do you do it? That is like 4 Indys that you have pumped out in two weeks time.

I always put aside a minimum of 2 hours a day for doing my customs and anything over that is a bonus, And no worries whenever your ready just let me know a I'll help you out. And thanks heaps for the reply.

Ron

metalinvader

Amazing,Yet again...Just like the movie,Indy looks like he's been through hell and back..I love how you captured that!(y)

hemble

Hi All

metalinvader - Thanks for the reply and glad you liked the beat up look.

LMangue - Appreciate the comments thank you.

Canyon - Thanks heaps LASS:D always a pleasure.

Blackadder - Cheers.

IndySeven - Glad you liked it and thanks.

QBComics - Thank you.

Ron

The_Raiders

awesome

Egad, I didn't think anyone could make a TOD Indy, but once more I've been proven wrong. Amazing figure, if there's on thing I love it's a great custom. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The_Raiders

Oh yeah, what kind of paint do you use, the paint I have scratches off with the slightest touch, and Testors doesn't work good because it never dries, I have a custom I painted last YEAR and it's still sticky and tacky! :rolleyes:

hemble

Hi All

deckard24 - Thans for the feedback and the pic, I'll have to remeber that for the next one I do .

The_Raiders - Appreciate the reply cheers
Oh yeah, what kind of paint do you use, the paint I have scratches off with the slightest touch, and Testors doesn't work good because it never dries, I have a custom I painted last YEAR and it's still sticky and tacky!

I use arcrylics when painting my figures, stay away from non arcrylics they will stya tacky for ages and collect dust as well. For the scratches Igive the figures a spray of Testors Dull coate, it seals in the paint and helps stops scratches.

Are you gonna make customs on Habros when they come out?

Oh hell yeah the 3-3/4 figures will be great to do customs and dioramas as there smaller and you cane make larger dio's for them.

Ron