Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

MolaRam2

Will this game become Duke Nukem Forever Part 2?

I sure hope not. I really want to play this game. There aren't many games that appeal to me anymore, but I would love a new Indy game, as long as it's great. At least we have Lego Indy to tide us over.

TeamAndino

If anything they should take what they learned while making Force Unleashed and fix w/e minor glitchs it may have to make Indy better. I know the plan was to use the same system so with this delay why not just take the time they already have now to improve. Or does that make to much sense for game developers??

Montana_Jones

I'm certainly hoping the game isn't suspended. Perhaps it's only on the back-burner.
Speaking of The Force Unleashed. Seems it has demoted itself to a passing rental from me on my XBOX 360. I'm more eagerly anticipating GHOSTBUSTERS: The Video Game in comparison to The Force Unleashed.

Montana_Jones

The Tingler said:
Let's hope this doesn't effect the game.

Although I'm not sure how it could possibly not effect the game for the worse. Worst case scenarios - they hire loads of new staff but they've spent the last five years training the last load of staff how to make new games, so Indy gets another year or more added to it. The other possibility is that this new President is the man who got angry that the game wasn't released in 2007 despite needing a lot more work to make it good, and so LucasArts will rush development in order to make the most of the Indy hype still around.

Best case scenario? They hire loads of experienced new staff who actually know how to make a good game, and they release the game when it's ready (breaks out in hysterical laughter, goes mad).
If the last scenario is true, take me off to the asylum too!:p
Here's hoping LucasArts will have more about this for E3. Peculiar it won't also be for PC. Not considering the fact I own an XBOX 360 though. I own the previous couple of Indiana Jones on PC. Both Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb.

No Ticket

To be perfectly honest, I've always kind of figured it wasn't going to turn out as well as they were acting like it was. I'm willing to bet that it's got a lot of glitchy problems or something... or maybe it just isn't that good... and they're trying to fix those.

It's probably not going to be released in the end. But who knows.

Dust McAlan

Here's my question: why work with a brand new engine like Euphoria when there's other perfectly good physics engines out there? Source is an excellent engine, and besides, developers shouldn't be concerned with pushing technological envelops for an Indiana Jones game---just use existing technology, make sure it just looks good, and then concentrate on an excelent gameplay experience.

No Ticket

Dust McAlan said:
Here's my question: why work with a brand new engine like Euphoria when there's other perfectly good physics engines out there? Source is an excellent engine, and besides, developers shouldn't be concerned with pushing technological envelops for an Indiana Jones game---just use existing technology, make sure it just looks good, and then concentrate on an excelent gameplay experience.

Yeah but the company is owned and operated by..

oh nevermind. hehehe.

The Tingler

Montana_Jones said:
Speaking of The Force Unleashed. Seems it has demoted itself to a passing rental from me on my XBOX 360. I'm more eagerly anticipating GHOSTBUSTERS: The Video Game in comparison to The Force Unleashed.
C'mon, who isn't? (y)

I don't know how the recent lay-offs will effect it, but the plan was once TFU was released (September) they'd all go and finish Indy.

Wait and see. If they don't announce anything in E3, they're morons. If they haven't said anything else after September, get worried. They won't suspend it though.

Katarn07

Dust McAlan said:

I disagree 100%. Video games shouldn't find a niche and stay there. They should constantly try improving themselves and pushing the limits of the current hardware. It doesn't matter what title it is, they should be developing new technologies.

The Doom engine was perfectly fine at one point. Why'd Lucas Arts have to go and develop their Jedi engine for Dark Forces? Oh yeah, now you could jump, crouch, look up, and look down! And it may be my imagination, but the graphics (as nauseating as they are to look at today) seem much better. I bet the SW fanboys weren't complaining about Lucas Arts developing new technology for a Star Wars game that in fact makes the game better than its predecessors.

Lao_Che

Katarn07 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes vapoware. It'll be outdated by the time it finally is released. I was really excited to see Euphoria in action as well. I guess I'll have to pick up Force Unleashed....

Grand Theft Auto 4 uses Euphoria aswell.

Last I heard, the Indy game had been delayed to avoid clashing with The Force Unleashed. Make sense since George Lucas was involved with both, and if the 2009 MacGregor novel is an adaptation of the game, seems like Lucasfilm considers it a big deal.

The Tingler

Sort of - they were both taking too long and TFU was further ahead, so most of the development team was pulled from Indy to help finish TFU. Once TFU's finished (like, now) Indy's development should proceed full speed ahead with all the remaining development staff - all 6 of them. (n)

And yes, I only kept calling The Force Unleashed "TFU" because I'm a big Spaced fan.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Release Date 3/1/2009
Set in 1939, you'll assume the role of one of the greatest action-film heroes of our time on a global tour in search of clue-revealing ancient artifacts, spanning locations from San Francisco's Chinatown to the world's most sacred sites. Battle ruthless opposition — snakes excluded — to ultimately piece together a mystery of biblical proportions, and prove once and for all that Indy boasts the courage and aptitude worthy of his legendary big-screen status.
Challenge Indy's loathsome longtime rivals to a face-off, reunite him with old friends and establish relationships with new allies throughout the world during a series of spine-tingling quests
Set in 1939 when the Nazi Regime began its rise to power, the epic, original story is written for the first time under the direction of George Lucas
Cool! Something's happening.

Dr.Sartorius

Paying tribute to some of the most memorable scenes ever plastered on the silver screen, you'll be in pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, at the helm of the winding mine-cart from The Temple of Doom and embroiled in the free-for-all aboard the tank in The Lost Crusade.

Are these bonus levels? :confused:

San Holo

I still don't think we will be getting it next Spring, not that that is soon or anything, but November 2009 seems faaaar more likley given this game"s slow as molasis developement. Wonder who the "old friend" will be...Brody, Sallah, Short Round(maybe he lives in San Francisco).

Last edited:

Dewy9

A story by George Lucas sounds wonderful. Say what you will about his directing or writing abilities, but he can come up with a darn good story.

muttjones

i want it to be like Uncharted: Drakes Fortune but with less shooting and more Indy style gameplay.
I just got my PS3 and bought Uncharted as my first game and it is now my favourite game of all time.
Hopefully Indy will beat it though.:D

RaideroftheArk

Honestly, from what I've seen in those old trailers...it doesn't even look like a next Gen. game. I'd hate to see a rushed job, especially with they type of graphics that can be used with the 360 and PS3.

Dr.Sartorius

RaideroftheArk said:
Honestly, from what I've seen in those old trailers...it doesn't even look like a next Gen. game. I'd hate to see a rushed job, especially with they type of graphics that can be used with the 360 and PS3.

That's because the trailer for the game is practically 5 years old. :rolleyes: