What creepy-crawlies should be in Indy 5?

Col. Detritch

Has anyone here read Ian Flemings 1958 James Bond thriller Dr No. It differs from the 1962 film on key points. Towards the end on Dr No's island Bond is put through some test and one includes being fed to a giant squid! This might work well if used right and it might help tie in with Indy being based on Bond.

The only problem would be fitting it into the story without ruining the consept.:hat:

The Drifter

Col. Detritch said:
Has anyone here read Ian Flemings 1958 James Bond thriller Dr No. It differs from the 1962 film on key points. Towards the end on Dr No's island Bond is put through some test and one includes being fed to a giant squid! This might work well if used right and it might help tie in with Indy being based on Bond.

The only problem would be fitting it into the story without ruining the consept.:hat:

Ever play Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb?

Col. Detritch

Yes Lonsome I have!(y)

That was the Kraken, a mythological creature, I was thinking something more real and gritty. Anyway, I never got the point of the use of the Kraken in ET!

P.S. Plus I've read Shrine of the Sea Devil, and for me (even though it was first) seem too Pirates of the Caribbean-ish, especially the part with the ship attack. I would be quite sad if anything like that turned up in Indy V!:hat:

Insomniac

MILLIONS of LEECHES

01-hunt-11.jpg

"Leaches, and lots of 'em!"

kongisking

I like the idea of giant spiders.

brown_recluse1.jpg

Now imagine these bastards, but the size of beagles. Instant willies!

This is what their bites can do:

day_10.jpg

Now, of course, that kind of injury won't be seen in an Indy movie anytime soon, but it gives you an idea of how big a punch these things pack!

Sorry if I seriously grossed out anyone.

Last edited:

Indy Scout 117

i think that bats would be cool, but they were used in the novel Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils. i like the idea of hornets, too.

indyfan85

Moedred said:
Calponia harrisonfordi:
250px-Female_caponiid_(Marshal_Hedin).jpg

Pheidole harrisonfordi:
031212harrisonfordi.jpg

I'm not sure how that would go down to see Ford crushing a bunch of these underfoot and or burning them with a torch, lol.

Montana Smith

Creepy crawlers? The worst offenders that come to mind are Shorty and Chattar Lal. Bring them back for a rematch... to the death.