Douglas Slocombe

Exulted Unicron

Happy Birthday Douglas Slocombe

Douglas Slocombe, legendary filmographer is 97 today. We all know him for his work on Raiders, Temple and Last Crusade, but he also worked on the likes of The Blue Max, Rollerball, Never Say Never Again and The Italian Job

Mickiana

97! I reckon he should be given a bit part in Indy5, that's if he lives to get there. Many happy returns anyway, Douglas.

indytim

Visit the following link to watch videos from BAFTA's recent tribute to the original trilogy's master cinematographer Douglas Slocombe. The videos include words from both Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford about their time working with Mr Slocombe, and a great speech from costume designer Anthony Powell who describes how (for a joke) they inserted producer Kathleen Kennedy into the opening dance number of Temple Of Doom. They also show a photo at this point of Kathleen with Kate Capshaw that I have never seen before ...

http://www.bafta.org/heritage/features/a-tribute-to-douglas-slocombe,1004,BA.html

Enjoy :hat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame to see there wasn't many people there...maybe they could have reserved roped off the back section for the public/students. Great to see they posted the videos, and honored him at all.

(Too bad Ford, (or Spielberg) didn't fly over for the night...)

Stoo

Rest In Peace - 22 Feb 2016

R.I.P. Dougie Slocombe.

Laurels for his contribution to "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Guns at Batasi", "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "The Blue Max".

Cinematographer extraordinaire! :hat:

IndyForever

RIP :hat:

Amazing talent. Amazing man. He filmed the Nazis in Poland in the 1930's which alerted the world to the upcoming invasion.

The Last Crusade was his last movie what a shot to end it all with the lovely sunset (y)

martinland

Stoo said:
Laurels for his contribution to "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Guns at Batasi", "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "The Blue Max".
Cinematographer extraordinaire! :hat:
Let us not forget his marvellous Panavision photography for "The Fearless Vampire Killers".