holy grail, does it exist?

hffan2000

it is possible that the grail exists. the only problem is how to figure out which of the supposed grails we know about is the actual one. the only way we'd know is if a miracle happened around one. i myself see galahad's quest for the grail as allegory of a christian's quest to be with christ in heaven.

Patrick

There has to be something like it. I just know it. We don't need to discover it though, Since what good would it do? It might cause the world to go into a war bigger than any war that has ever happened a may go on till all the people in the world vanish and it will be billions of years before we come back and become a VERY different kind of people while it is destroyed. The Bible doesn't say anything really about it since the bible barely told us anything about other religions and what they are about, like I think that all the religions are all the same and so that bible just tells the story about one people, even though there are plenty more. I would write my own bible (I'm NOT talking about creating a new religion I just mean I would put my philosophical views on it to make it a "WORLD" Bible) But the idea is too simple. But that's what I think. The Sankara stones are almost the same as the Ark of God ( The ToD didn't explain to much of the stones because the script didn't really allow it). And that it is just the occult of the people and this is why I believe in God. Even though the Grail can give eternal life it could destroy the world.

Kill Cavalry

Although I agree that finding the Grail would probably not do us any good, I sincerely doubt that, if it still exists, it would do any bad. We have to remember the earlier posts in which many of us agreed that it may very well exist, but it almost certainly would not have the powers of immortality. The very principle behind Christianity is that one will get it in the end, so why would God create an object that would keep people from dying and meeting their ultimate destiny?

I say again, if it has not been destroyed or already taken over the years, it will not have the power of immortality. Extending life? Perhaps. Granting miracles? Maybe. Immortality? Certainly not. It would merely be a relic or artifact of fantastic significance, not a weapon that would make invincible armies.

Patrick

I don't think the powers of God would allow such a thing to happen; y'know like, He wouldn't let just anyone gain immortality. Like even Jesus didn't have it when he was alive. But, people just like Donovan, would be going after this cup and many people for no reason be sent to war or to protect it. If they find it, if they put a price on it, it would be worth about a trillion dollars and large groups of people might want that like nations (Just like the Nazi- govermented Germany wanted it)

bob

I find it disturbing that the past few posts seem to be conjuring the Grail into existance.

Jesus drunk from a cup at the Last Supper and presumably many other occasions but that does not make it the 'Holy Grail'

However the Grail myth was entirely created in the main over a thousand years after his death in a different part of the world

There is no evidence of early christians dragging around a huge pile of trinkets that Jesus may have touched/drunk from; there is no evidence of any miracles reported in History from the Grail

Conclusion: There is no evidence of the cup that Jesus drank from being preserved and causing miracles it was most likely just used in the household for years to come until it was just worn out then thrown out and at the moment it lies in a midden somewhere outside of Jerusalem

bob

Patrick said:
Well have you done extensive research on it? You might find out htat there IS some.

Really?

I am sure we would all be interested to see this

Patrick

Well a small part of the Ark of God has been found...
But tell me. Where in the bible present anything about artifacts?
Well in the Ark of God. It doesn't say anthing about the Ark of God
being open. It only says that the cedar rods not to be removed. And in Raiders,
The rods ARE removed and why? That was the thing that would send the wrath of
God! Since that would mean that the people are forgetting that they ever did anything
wrong. And also, Since I believe In the Grail ( I never said anyhting about immortality)
doesn't make me believe that everything that happened in the Last Crusade was real
like the cup scene. We don't know of that. Here are some reasons why this artifact
wasn't so popular that it was written in the bible: First of all, Christianity wasn't at all
popular. If it was a kid it would be the nerd that is constantly getting wedgies and
getting beaten up by thugs. So people were writing the bible in hopes of not getting
caught. If rumours of something so powerful to give a youthful life, Than people would
be listening in to try and get it they would find out about the Catacombs and murder
endless amounts of christians thinking they know where it is. Second, many people had
not have heard of the Cup of Christ having some power for those who are pure in heart
and will not keep it and had a reason to go after it.Because they wanted to prove it was
real. And if you believe in the neolithic objects ( I love that word. I'm refering to the Sankara
stones) It is a legend like that. If they have the powers that weren't mentioned in the ToD,
Than it is easier to have faith. Another reason why it wasn't mentioned is that Jehovah wanted
us to love the entire things that are good and not worship one particular object. And oh yeah
Bob? I wasn't saying I did any I was asking if you did. It does become "Holy" because Jesus
is the most important message that God has given us and the fact that the greatest man touched
it (in which this man symbols all the prophets and God) . The cup that caught the blood of
Jesus Christ, And had all his disciples drink out of to live as a true believer to show that they
believe. To drink out of the cup would to show that you believe, Not that you believe that it can
let you live forever.

Patrick

And what's wrong with the Grail existing it's not like It is something like believing Harry Potter is real.
hffan2000 said:
it is possible that the grail exists. the only problem is how to figure out which of the supposed grails we know about is the actual one. the only way we'd know is if a miracle happened around one. i myself see galahad's quest for the grail as allegory of a christian's quest to be with christ in heaven.
That's what the Grail is for.
And HFFAN2000 said it perfectly.

Patrick

The one before the last one... I couldn't delete it. I accidently posted it thinking it was the last one

bob

Call me an old fuddy duddy but that wasnt really the evidence i had in mind:

What i want to see are some sources from within 750 years of Jesus that actually confirm a belief in the Grail

At the moment there is not only a lack of actual evidence but even a lack of belief in the Grail from early (ish) christians.

Patrick

Bob, I wasn't saying I was doing research on it! I said this twice! I wrote reasons why it might not be in the bible you old fuddy duddy! I'm just kidding but I never said I had done extensive research and my original post said " Have YOU,have YOU done extensive research" Not "I did extensive research!" Didn't you read that! I hadn't even said I've done a little research on the subject. Sorry about the clamitous writing but I never wrote anything of the kind.

Patrick said:
Well a small part of the Ark of God has been found...

WHERE?!?!!? Could you give us a link to this monumental news story PLEASE!!!!

Well in the Ark of God. It doesn't say anthing about the Ark of God being open. It only says that the cedar rods not to be removed.

Could you give us chapter and verse of where in the bible it says this. Because as far as I know, it is mentioned that the Ark not be TOUCHED, that the cedar rods are there to prevent the Ark from being touched directly by human hands. I have Bible references in my previous posts on this subject. There are some deleted scenes in RAIDERS where Indy tells Sallah not to touch the Ark. They left this out of the final cut, but you'll notice NO ONE touches the Ark directly until the end of the movie.

And in Raiders, The rods ARE removed and why? That was the thing that would send the wrath of God!

I don't know where you are getting you're information. If you could provide a reference I'll look it up myself...

Venture

It wasn't the rods being removed that brought the wrath of God. They were for carrying without touching the Ark of God's Covenant. Only the high priest, after some serious cleansing, could touch the ark, and that but once a year.

An instance of touching without the prescribed position and cleansing takes place in 2 Samuel 6:6,7. The Israelites were supposed to carry the ark on the poles, but they erred and put it on an ox-driven cart. When it began to tip, a man named Uzzah put forth his hand to steady it and was struck down. It wasn't mete for anyone not covered by the blood of a spotless lamb, thereby cleansed of sin, to touch the Holy Ark that carried God's Presence. These things are a foreshadowing of Christ's blood cleansing us and enabling us to come into the Presence of God.

Okay, I'm done preaching now.

Patrick

Okay first things first. I do not have a link to the piece being found since I found out about it about a year ago when I didn't use the internet very much. Have you read Exodus 22-24? This could be wrong but I was reading an illustrated bible since I remember reading it when I was 9... And I don't know where my other one is so certain parts could've been left out. It doesn't say anything about it being touched or opened. here's a quote:" They shall make me an ark of acacia (Not cedar which I accidently wrote) It shall be a chest four feet long, two feet wide and two feet high. It is to be covered with gold inside and out, and it shall have a gold band around it. At each corner It shall have a gold ring, and through these rings shall be passed gold-covered rods of acacia wood, so that the ark may be carried. These rods shall remain in the rings and shall not be taken from it. And they shall put in the laws that I shall give you." Funny eh? Nothing of that melting faces and stuff like that. Tommorow I'll read the adult bible if I can find it... And hey religion isn't for fighting about its secrets and passages. It's for LOVE... :)

Patrick

Yeah... I am kind of missing somethings but I can't remember even posting those things... I'm not trying to argue of history I'm just trying to say that I believe in it.