looking for an Archaeology school/college

I've decided to persue a career in Archaeology ( and no I'm not a wanna be Indy, I've always loved Archaeology) I was wondering if anybody on this board knew of any good school/ colleges for Archaelogy in the southren california area?

Pale Horse

Staff member
I am currently finishing up my English Degree at Cal State San Bernardino. (One of the better undergraduate ones out west) and I hear good things about the anthropology department quite a bit, but we have nothing in the way of archeology.

Patrick

There's nothing wrong with being a wannabe Indiana Jones. Indy actually had me become interested in archeology again...since I forgot all about it after wanting to do other stuff...I liked learning about history before indy. Try Barnett college haha... But I don't know That's a couple years away for me.

WanderingSpy

University of Chicago has a fantastic history and archeology program, the Oriental Institute. And that's also where Indy graduated from. Heh.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
WanderingSpy said:
University of Chicago has a fantastic history and archeology program, the Oriental Institute. And that's also where Indy graduated from. Heh.

Yes, the University of Chicago does have a rather good reputation when it comes to archaeology and linguistics, particularly those of the Near-to-Middle East.

We have a member here, Gregoire Defense, who is about as close as we come to having the real Indiana Jones at the Raven...he went (goes?) there, and could probably tell you more, if he were to return.

Pale Horse

Staff member
shhhhh...you may be speaking of the dead. His last post was on Indy's B-day and that was only out of respect...

perhaps a last dyin' breath....?