H.P. Lovecraft's "The Nameless City"

IndyBeck

Yup, that city is know as Irem, Iram, Aram, Ubar, Wabar, Omanum Emporium, Civitas Iboritae and so on. It is the Koran's Sodom and Gomorrah. T.E. Lawrence called it the Atlantis of Arabia.

Maybe google knows more.

Andre

intergamer

IndyBeck said:
Maybe google knows more.

Relevant <a href=www.googlism.com>googlisms</a>:

irem is very important to arab magic
irem is very important to arab magick
irem is
aram is confederate with ephraim
aram is mentioned among the semites
aram is also a country made habitable by a kinsman of abraham
aram is damascus
aram is frequently mentioned in the bible
aram is a traditional armenian name
ubar is a place in the middle east
ubar is believed to have been in southern oman
ubar is believed by some to be "irem
ubar is referred to in the koran as "the many
ubar is equal parts travel book and archeological postmortem
ubar is an ancient city on the arabian peninsula in southern oman
ubar is referred to in the thousand and one nights
ubar is thought to be located somewhere in or near the empty quarter
ubar is a fortress that has been said to be lost under the sands somewhere around rub' al khali
ubar is an example of a site that was found through imaging radar
ubar is to the north east of thumrayt
ubar is in shisr in thumrayt
ubar is a legendary arabian city that was buried beneath the sands by allah when its inhabitants became wicked and greedy because of their great wealth
ubar is the most fabled and
ubar is a good example of how remote sensing can be used with a more traditional discipline like archaeology
ubar is the only one allowed to make changes to the caste or the running of it
ubar is the classic lost city of arabia
ubar is buried beneath a desert situated in saudi arabia
wabar is the name of the land which belonged to 'ad in the eastern parts of yemen
sodom is mentioned in ezekiel 16
sodom is paul's kingdumb of christianity
sodom is a wicked town
sodom is referred to again at least 20 times in the bible
sodom is submerged under the dead sea
sodom is the epitome of evil and evildoing while yerushalayim is the city of tzedek
sodom is destroyed by god because of its wickedness
sodom is richly laden with archetypes and the stuff of biblical mythology
gomorrah is determined to purge the desert of all its nomadic peoples
gomorrah is not about homosexuality at all
gomorrah is homosexuality
gomorrah is the most famous and easily one of the weakest of the biblical texts used
gomorrah is an example of what will happen to the wicked
gomorrah is located
gomorrah is commonly held to be a story of divine wrath against two cities filled with homosexuals committing horrible sexual acts
gomorrah is a city mentioned in the bible that was destroyed by god because of its sexual licentiousness
gomorrah is no more

<a href=www.google.com>Google</a> knows.

Venture

I don't think you can respond. That post is either genius-level poetry (no matter how disturbed) or the most ridiculous post I've ever read. Kind of like Lovecraft's work. He would be proud, Intergamer. I'm personally both impressed and perturbed. Dichotomy, dichotomy...you display quite an extensive knowledge of Hebrew. Care to elaborate or will you just keep us guessing?

Pale Horse

Staff member
I can tell you that as a serious published poet (trained by English professors at CalStateSanBernardino) it is nothing of the sort.

intergamer

lol, you guys don't know googlism?

you type something in, and it searches google for any relevant information...then it looks for connections and displays it, telling you about something

try typing your name (don't use quotes though)...if there's enough on the web about you, it might know something

it has some basic parsing abilities too

so..when IndyBeck said, "maybe google knows more" - i went to find what google knows.

try it yourself

I did purposely order it poetically, though, I admit

intergamer

now, I must ask: you <i>do</i> know <a href=www.googlefight.com>Google Fight</a>, don't you? On that site, you can type in two phrases/names/words, and it checks google for hits on that phrase - the one with the most hits on google wins!

Venture

I see what you mean. I found out that I'm the hottest musical act to hit the internet, a realtor in Auburn, and a li'l helper bee. That made my brain hurt.