Elsa Schneider: Canyon of the Crescent Moon

nezobiwan

Hey, it's been a while since I've posted on the boards over here. Basically I'm trying to remain as spoiler-free as possible.

I started this thread because I just made some great acquisitions for my Elsa Schneider costume that I'm planning to wear to a midnight showing of Indy 4 in the Orlando area:

ElsaMoon.jpg

On eBay I won a hat, some goggles, and a jacket that I think I can tweak to look like hers. All that's left after that are some gloves, some pants, and a camisol. I already have a belt and some boots that will work.

I'm so excited! (y)

I'm also looking to maybe get a holy grail prop. My hubby is going to dress as Indy and I was thinking of getting him a grail diary prop.

Let me hear what you guys think! Suggestions appreciated!

The Man

Anybody consider going as Mola Ram? I'd love to, but sadly lack the balls. And the horns...

nezobiwan

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a while and I have a little update. I received my goggles, hat and gloves and they are all awesome. Also I have decided to create a grail diary prop and I'll post a pic of that too when I get a chance.

0425081639.jpg

The hat is SO SO SO perfect! I love it! :D

Deckard

This is looking great. (y)

If I had a girlfriend willing to dress up like Elsa, all I'd need is Harrison Ford in formaldehyde and my collection would be set. :p

Stoo

nezobiwan said:
Let me hear what you guys think! Suggestions appreciated!

The hat is SO SO SO perfect! I love it!
You will make a great Elsa Schneider! My only suggestions are sewing black buttons onto your jacket and
weather your hat & goggles with sand if you're up to it. (Even though it's white in the Sunshine State.)
Maybe carry a grail prop, too?

P.S. My dad lives in Florida.:)

daywalker

My wife will also be doing this costume for the premire
DCFC0170.jpg

She is loking for a better undershirt, and a friend of ours has the cap.

The grail was made out of a bamboo bowl glued to a Red Robin childrens drinking glass with a resin disk glued to cup opening.

nezobiwan

daywalker said:
She is loking for a better undershirt, and a friend of ours has the cap.
The grail was made out of a bamboo bowl glued to a Red Robin childrens drinking glass with a resin disk glued to cup opening.
Yeah, the undershirt I'm looking to get is at Old Navy. I'm looking for a square-necked camisole basically. I'm thinking about adding the trim detail to mine too. Should be easy to do, we could even use fabric glue.

I'm actually working on a grail prop too. I bought a plastic glass at Publix and I'm going to try and paint it. It's the right basic shape, but I'm not 100% happy with it. My hubby and I discovered a cool way to find good "false grails"--bathroom accessories, especially cups for bathrooms. We found a ton of goblet-inspired, ornate glasses at Linens and Things!

Look at the cups in these sets:

And here is the pic of my grail diary so far, as promised:

Grail_Diary.jpg

Stoo said:
You will make a great Elsa Schneider! My only suggestions are sewing black buttons onto your jacket and
weather your hat & goggles with sand if you're up to it. (Even though it's white in the Sunshine State.)
Maybe carry a grail prop, too?
Actually my goggles are super awesome because they are antique WWII! (Only tiny issue is that they are US, not German. Hehe). And they are already faded and the lenses are kind of scratched up. The seller assumed that they were used in sand. So they are 'perfecto.'

I'm debating on whether I want to weather my jacket or not...

...Part of the reason I chose this outfit was because I didn't want to wear a wig. I have short brown hair and I'd worn a wig in the past for my Elizabeth Swann At World's End costume and it was SO HOT in that outfit for May in Florida! I swore to myself, never again! But maybe I will at least dye my hair a lighter shade to complete the Elsa look. Still debating on that too. (My hubby hates blonde hair and he looked at me with horror when I suggested the notion. But I don't care, my hair is short and the color should grow out quickly.)

Whipper said:
DON'T cross the Seal!

Very cool. Great outfit idea for Indy premiere night. You chose well.
Thanks! I've always loved this outfit and I promise not to cross the seal.... :p

daywalker

Interesting idea for the false grail. I was thinking of trying some of the Christian supply stores to see what they had for communion sets.

nezobiwan

daywalker said:
Interesting idea for the false grail. I was thinking of trying some of the Christian supply stores to see what they had for communion sets.
:eek: That would be infinitely ironic. LOL! :D

bonoferox

My girlfriend made me a grail in her pottery class for Christmas. Looks absolutely brilliant, but I need to paint the inside gold still.

Are there any gold paints that can be used that would still be safe to drink from?

And nezobiwan, brilliant job so far on the costume (y)

nezobiwan

bonoferox said:
My girlfriend made me a grail in her pottery class for Christmas. Looks absolutely brilliant, but I need to paint the inside gold still.

Are there any gold paints that can be used that would still be safe to drink from?

And nezobiwan, brilliant job so far on the costume (y)

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I'd love to see a picture of your grail if you have it. I starting painting mine today and it doesn't look too shabby! I'll post a pic once I finish it.

As to safe paints.... your gf might be a better source for that kind of info! You might need to fire it in a kiln to be able to drink from it.

Me... I'm not too concerned about using my cup. It'll just be there for looks. :hat: