Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Really great review by the ClipperKing:

Should it come with a warning? ;)

Day by day, there's a more positive vibe about this figure on SSF. That may be down to the deletion of the troll posts, but I think there's a growing appreciation of what this HT offers out of the box, and how he looks in hand.

He's going to have great shelf-presence, and I'm getting impatient now. I've no idea when he's scheduled to reach the UK.

Billy Ray

Yeah, didn't think to post a warning, but there is some pretty bad language (not directed at the figure though).

You're right, a lot of people do seem to be coming around on the SSF boards.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
...there is some pretty bad language (not directed at the figure though).

That makes quite a change! :D

Billy Ray said:
You're right, a lot of people do seem to be coming around on the SSF boards.

Some better pictures, too. Faststreets reckons the one he photographed in the shop was a wrong 'un, and likes the one he got better.

These shots posted by Arnie Kim on his Facebook page look amazing:

ArnieKimsHTIndy1.jpg

ArnieKimsHTIndy2.jpg

Dino Last

Montana Smith said:
That makes quite a change! :D

Some better pictures, too. Faststreets reckons the one he photographed in the shop was a wrong 'un, and likes the one he got better.

These shots posted by Arnie Kim on his Facebook page look amazing:

ArnieKimsHTIndy1.jpg

ArnieKimsHTIndy2.jpg

After seeing those pictures, which I think are repaints, This is the best 1/6 Indy sculpt I have ever seen. It even beats Trevor's, although I do think his sculpt was let down by the production casting

Montana Smith

Dino Last said:
After seeing those pictures, which I think are repaints, This is the best 1/6 Indy sculpt I have ever seen. It even beats Trevor's, although I do think his sculpt was let down by the production casting

Since Arnie's photos do look like the sculpt has been repainted, Restaurajones posted a black and white version...
300275_2456093249283_1460645150_2828356_54906312_n.jpg

...and he still looks incredible!

Ausfan

Breath of postive fresh air!!

Hi Guys ,

First off thanks to Dino Last for putting me onto this forum.

Well I have been looking forward to this since day one and the pictures on page 11 just blew me away the other day. So happy, but just found out that I will not get my Indy till about three weeks!!:mad:

The SSC forum is depressing in almost every subject matter these days. I think half the guys think they are getting paid to review and do quality control on everything.

But aren't they all coming around now jumping on board...lol

" I might just get the figure now as I want the parts and be might cheaper that way"

Yeah right!!...lol

Anyway keep it coming guys any Arab Grab pics yet?

But not to many I'm stating to get very jealous.

Billy Ray

Funny you should as Ausfan, ClipperKing just posted a supplemental video review that shows Indy in his Arab gear as well as answers a few other questions:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rq-spcrm-L0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rq-spcrm-L0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Oh, and welcome to the Raven! You will find people a lot more friendly here I think. Even if we disagree, we still all seem to get along for the most part.

Montana Smith

Ausfan said:
Hi Guys ,

First off thanks to Dino Last for putting me onto this forum.

Welcome to The Raven, Ausfan! :hat:

When this picture was posted on SSF I thought it was pretty accurate.

hfhg.jpg

Yet it's been dissected and trashed by some. However, the figure and Harrison are not facing in identical positions, so there will obviously be the differences that have been pointed out. (Harrison is turned more towards the camera).

Billy Ray

Well, all you have to do is look at that left nostril and you can see that this looks nothing like Harrison Ford! :rolleyes:

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Well, all you have to do is look at that left nostril and you can see that this looks nothing like Harrison Ford! :rolleyes:

Yes, but it's too big, not too small as Superman claims! :D

Just saw that the black and white picture was also posted by Arnie on his Facebook, to show that it's not just the paint that makes it so good.

Billy Ray

That Superman guy is getting on my last nerve! I thought he was done commenting on Indy, yet he keeps turning up like bad penny.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
That Superman guy is getting on my last nerve! I thought he was done commenting on Indy, yet he keeps turning up like bad penny.

He was "done commenting" for at least five minutes!

Arnie's fighting back in his own quiet manner. Do you think his caption to the black and white one, "Maybe it's a fake picture", implies that his is neither a reculpt or a repaint?

Billy Ray

Montana Smith said:
He was "done commenting" for at least five minutes!

Arnie's fighting back in his own quiet manner. Do you think his caption to the black and white one, "Maybe it's a fake picture", implies that his is neither a reculpt or a repaint?

Not sure what he means by that really...his comments are rather cryptic most of the time. It might be a translation thing. It might very well be a repaint, who knows? Dino asked Arnie on FB, but he never answered.

Ausfan

Thanks Guys

Hi Guys ,

Thanks for greeting me so kindly!!

Yes Clipperkings and Dino last to me are the best reviewers around.

Maybe due to the fact that I'm their convict relative...lol.

It's getting very hard to see all this while I still have a few weeks to go.

But in saying that, he just looks better and better each day.