Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

The Tingler

boba80 said:
my 2 cents..as far as I remember (and I may be wrong) even in Fate of Atlantis they were never called "Nazis" (there was just a reference to the Third Reich when Indy finds Kerner's passport). And their uniforms were somehow TURQOISE....and I can't even remember seeing any swastika around.
I don't think this is so important, you know who Indy is fighting as you knew back in 1992. I'll be more worried with actual gameplay.

No, he did call them Nazis. Here's an advert for the game, and a picture. "Gun-toting Nazi".

I believe there are swastikas on the sub.

Nurhachi1991

Well please excuse my outburst last night I had a few drinks it was Cino De Mayo after all.

Anyways no I'm not giving up on the game but it still urks me they can't call them Nazi's. Because they still could of called them Axis or the Third Reich or the SS something!

and how come the two new Scholastic Indy books can call them Nazi's????? Those are geared towards kids hell there in the childrens section!!

Lambonius

boba80 said:
You're right! as for the sub I just remember a shark with boxing gloves ;)

There were a couple of swastika flags hanging in the sub's interior (in the bow torpedo section, I believe.) And they are definitely referred to as Nazis at several points throughout the game. The Last Crusade graphic adventure is even more blatant--there are swastikas and images of Hitler (and even Hitler himself!) all over the place. :)

I don't understand this whole political correctness thing in regards to Nazis at all. It seems to me that calling the cannon-fodder enemy characters "Germans" would be more insulting than calling them Nazis--since most people universally agree that Nazis were some bad, bad dudes.

RWLover

On some Dutch game-sites there are previews of demos they've had as well, and they're all fairly positive. One of them said the following:

"Fighting arenas, original Indy-filmtrailers and -skins can be unlocked by collecting artifacts throughout the game." Not sure if you guys already heard that, it was new to me. So... multiple skins:D

Rhys135

RWLover said:
So... multiple skins:D

Incase you don't know, here in the UK, Play.com are offering a code to unlock a Han Solo skin in the game right from the beginning (no idea who'd use this straight away though) when you pre-order the game.

Morning Bell

RWLover said:
On some Dutch game-sites there are previews of demos they've had as well, and they're all fairly positive. One of them said the following:

"Fighting arenas, original Indy-filmtrailers and -skins can be unlocked by collecting artifacts throughout the game." Not sure if you guys already heard that, it was new to me. So... multiple skins:D

This sounds cool. My only real complaint about ET was the fact that there were hardly an unlockables for all the work that you had to do. This gives me hope that multiple paths and playthroughs will be required to gain access to everything.

Nurhachi1991

So if there going to call them Germans instead of Nazi's

Is Indy gonna say "German's I hate these guys"

That would sound pretty messed up

I love how they keep saying "this is the experiance fans want" Yet they have no Nazi's............. good call Lucas Arts

indyjones2131

So that facebook video:

1.) Even the Lucasarts LOGO has a damn SATCHEL!! URG!

2.) Hey, buddy, it's Last Crusade. Not Last Crusades. Singular not plural.

3.) The game looks better and bette every day. Can't wait.

4.) No Satchel.

Jedinizar

boba80 said:

Thanks for posting the links. First of all the Graphic IS Bad to me it's even horrible it's like PS1 graphic.
The targeting system... well it seams to me that there is no targeting system at all, the moves are repetitive and I still find it not Indy like to not be able to pull the gun when ever we like.
just short I didn't like what I have seen.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Tingler said:
I'm... not quite sure what you mean there. To answer your question though: yes, there is multiplayer other than co-op. There's a biplane battle and a tank battle (although whether that one will be attacking each other IN tanks or ON the tank as previously indicated, I don't know!).

The discussion has moved on, but my point here is that if there's multiplayer in such a fashion that you play as Indy and as whomever he is fighting against, I can see why LucasArts wouldn't want one of them to be identified as a Nazi with whom a player would then identify.

The Tingler

Ah, I see! I think the simple solution there is make them characters like Belloq, but I suppose you're right. Don't think it affected their line of thinking though.

1.) Even the Lucasarts LOGO has a damn SATCHEL!! URG!

Hahaha!

DocWhiskey

Looks like great fun to me. That Wii demo was obviously the beginning of the game, so it's more combat heavy so you get used to it. I'm sure the exploring will come later. The graphics look a step or two above ET, which is a good thing considering ET still looks decent IMO. There seems to be a lack of targeting or the player is just getting used to the Wii controls. I haven't a clue. The only thing I was dissapointed in was when Indy fought the big guy and he clipped through the wall and suddenly appeared back up. Hope they work on some of that. But even though I was sad they canceled the next gen versions, this is shaping up to look like a ton of fun. Which is all I could ask for.

Johnny Nys

Jeremiah Jones said:
On the facebook Staff of Kings page theres a new video from Lucasarts about the story. Its pretty good http://www.new.facebook.com/video/v...ref=nf#/video/video.php?v=712835355239&ref=nf

Great video, finally a genuine new one. Looks great to me, it has confirmed what I already thought of the game. The Ford likeness isn't that great, but neither were they in the other games. I keep wondering about the PS2-controls and the difference with the on-screen Wii control prompts. Since the game is obviously one huge Wii advertisement, I doubt we'll get to see a PS2 preview.

Lambonius

Nurhachi1991 said:
Does anyone else really hate the health bar above the enemies heads? It just looks out of place

Hopefully there will be an option to turn it off, but I'm not holding my breath. I always hate it when games like this have pop-up icons and things like that that break my immersion into the game's world.

Morning Bell

Nurhachi1991 said:
Does anyone else really hate the health bar above the enemies heads? It just looks out of place

I think one of the developers said those bars would be in the final version, so we're probably stuck with them.