General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
Pale Horse said:
Unless they reboot it, My Way.

Technically, they could also decide to opt for the other possibility.
Which is, as easy as it sounds, a prequel to Crystal Skull. I mean, come on, it's not like Harrison has aged that bad since 2008. He still looks pretty much the same guy he was ten years ago. Just a little make up and he could pull it off, no doubts about it.

Your idea is very clever and well put together, but we all know that they definitely won't go for something like that.
Not even considering it.

On the other side...

article-0-1A2B376C00000578-695_634x904.jpg

I bet we would all lose in a fist fight against him. :gun:

Walecs

The Stranger said:
Technically, they could also decide to opt for the other possibility.
Which is, as easy as it sounds, a prequel to Crystal Skull. I mean, come on, it's not like Harrison has aged that bad since 2008. He still looks pretty much the same guy he was ten years ago. Just a little make up and he could pull it off, no doubts about it.

Your idea is very clever and well put together, but we all know that they definitely won't go for something like that.
Not even considering it.

On the other side...

article-0-1A2B376C00000578-695_634x904.jpg

I bet we would all lose in a fist fight against him. :gun:

A prequel would be a good choice to please those who'd like to not see LaBeouf or Marion again. That would also be a chance to see Sean Connery back, but I highly doubt he'd ever accept to appear.

Le Saboteur

Average Comic Book Blogger said:
Want to solve the aging Indy issue? The answer to that quandary could come in the form of an animated Indy adventure. Ford could still do the voice of any era of Indy adventures with no physical or financial constraints.

3209782-hawkeye-hulk-avengers-laughing-knee-slap-1357669477a.gif

The Stranger said:
On the other side...

Do you see the size of that bulge?! Harry's bullwhip must be hu-uge. No wonder Ally McBeal had to stop acting.

Walecs said:
A prequel would be a good choice to please those who'd like to not see LaBeouf or Marion again. That would also be a chance to see Sean Connery back, but I highly doubt he'd ever accept to appear.

You need closure.

Toht's Arm

Presumably this counts as a rumour rather than news:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/sta...-star-wars-episode-vii-indiana-jones-5-update

Also, we now understand that model makers on the Star Wars project are being recruited on up to seven year contracts, which cover three sequels and three spin-offs.

There's one more thing too, and we went back to double check this point with our source. The planning office is listing which stages are booked in advance, and for what film. Listed on those plans - before Christmas at least - was Indiana Jones 5.

To address the Indiana Jones point specifically: work on that has been mooted as a possible job as part of those long-term contracts. It's very much being described as a "possible lead in to another Indy", but nothing more than that.

Just because space has been booked well in advance doesn't mean that the film will happen of course. Still, we've sat on this information since before Christmas, and it would at least tie into what Alan Horn of Disney said in December, that the next Indiana Jones film - to which Disney now holds full rights - is many years off. It would make sense to include it as part of a bulk LucasFilm booking at Pinewood (considering the firm's commitment to and investment in UK facilities), just to be on the safe side (and it'd bring the rate down, we'd imagine).

Thus, six Star Wars films there seems definite (and ties into ILM opening a facility in London, as was reported last week), with Indiana Jones a possibility as part of the LucasFilm investment in the UK.

Millions

Le Saboteur said:
Do you see the size of that bulge?! Harry's bullwhip must be hu-uge. No wonder Ally McBeal had to stop acting.

Sorry to break it to you, dollface - but at his age the male genitals atrophy and shrink. That's not a big pair of balls you see, but an old, saggy nutsack.

Life is cruel.

Stoo

Millions said:
Sorry to break it to you, dollface - but at his age the male genitals atrophy and shrink. That's not a big pair of balls you see, but an old, saggy nutsack.
Egads. Sorry to break it to you, Millions, but Le Sabo was being sarcastic. Not too hard to realize!;)
Den of Stinky said:
...we went back to double check this point with our source.

...we've sat on this information since before Christmas...
Watch out, folks, 'cuz these winners are on the case!:rolleyes::sick:

AndyLGR

The Stranger said:
He looks in great shape there. Maybe hes working on getting in shape for the Star Wars movies. However I think they should get (whip) cracking on an Indy 5. He arguably looks better there than he did in KOTCS.

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:

-Joey Paur said:
I really wouldn't mind if they moved forward as if The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull never happened.

Indy wakes up from a coma and tells the doctors he had this really bad dream and needs to put it behind him by having a couple of real adventures.

Market Saw Source said:
"Regarding Harrison Ford, two more Indiana Jones features are in the negotiation stages as per Ford's contract clause on Star Wars, which is the primary reason he didn't 'publicly' or 'privately' commit, or so I'm told."

Star Wars is obviously the main money-spinning property of the two. So it really looks like Disney having to fulfil a contractual agreement just so they could have Ford back as Han Solo. They said when they bought Indy that they didn't put any value on it.

Two more lacklustre, half-hearted efforts will do wonders for Indiana Jones!

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=15997

Maybe in Indy 6 we'll get to see the excitement of all the highs and lows of him running a snack bar with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson?

indiana-jones-petra.jpg

Last edited:

Millions

Stoo said:
Egads. Sorry to break it to you, Millions, but Le Sabo was being sarcastic. Not too hard to realize!;)

Er.... thanks, Stoo. Can she not speak for herself though, no?

And if she's being sarcastic in suggesting he has a bulge like he's smuggling a boxing glove down there, then is she suggesting he is hung like a button mushroom? What exactly are you saying???

Do you know the meaning of 'sarcastic'???

IndyForever

If they do 2 more it has to be filmed back to back...Spielberg never did this before though!

Perhaps Spielberg is taking a bigger behind the scenes role than he did on the other Indy movies now Lucas is retired.

Imagine the box office for this if the movies are decent (y) the last part especially would be very emotional :hat:

Walecs

IndyForever said:
If they do 2 more it has to be filmed back to back...Spielberg never did this before though!

Perhaps Spielberg is taking a bigger behind the scenes role than he did on the other Indy movies now Lucas is retired.

Imagine the box office for this if the movies are decent (y) the last part especially would be very emotional :hat:

I would like a really emotional ending, indeed.

I wonder if Indy 5 will be a prequel, just like ToD.