TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?
Absolutely!!! I'm in lala land 51 35.66%
Maybe...but not today. 53 37.06%
No, not with any of the current creators and members. 19 13.29%
Heck no, no denial issues here. 8 5.59%
I may not like it, but a Re-boot is possible within the decade 18 12.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #2526
Henry Jones Junior
IndyFan

I kinda hope it happens...and if they age in real time it'd be in the early 60's Maybe we could get a Cambodia/Vietnam thing.
Henry Jones Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #2527
Klage
IndyFan

Imho, no news is good news. I bet Lucas is paying even more attention to the secrecy than he did with the number four. My speculation is that if everything goes as planned, the first teaser of #5 comes out of the blue sky just when people are starting to forgot to wait any news.

And what comes to the movie release itself, Lucas has to consider the effects of the Pirates of the Caribbean 4. So, rather than trying to foolishly compete with the PoC 4, the Indy 5 probably tries to benefit the adventure hype raised by captain Sparrow & co. There's no better timing for this than the summer of 2012.
Klage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #2528
Lambonius
IndyFan

I say spring of 2013 would be better. That way, if the world doesn't come to an end, we all get treated to a new Indy film.
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #2529
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Nah, if I'm goin' out in 2012, I want to go out with a new Indy movie.

The tagline practically writes itself.

Indiana Jones 5
"This Summer, prepare for his last adventure...and yours."
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #2530
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey

Indiana Jones 5

LOL......
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 AM   #2531
EddyW
IndyFan

Yeah, I really hope they come with some news soon. I miss the anticipation I had for Crystal Skull and looking back on the year before the release, it actually was a really special time for me. I'm afraid I won't ever feel the same anticipation for a new (non Indy) film the same I did for Skull.
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #2532
Hanselation
IndyFan

Top Men! (?)

For me thinking about the truth that another Indiana Jones movie will appear, is like believing this quotation of an agent at the end of Raiders:

"Oh, it will be, Dr. Jones, I assure you. We have top men working on it right now."
Hanselation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #2533
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambonius
I say spring of 2013 would be better. That way, if the world doesn't come to an end, we all get treated to a new Indy film.

And Harrison Ford will be 71 when its released.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #2534
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:

Indiana Jones 5

Indiana Jones and the Rapture Clause?
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #2535
Sharkey

Who's got a new film coming out? I guess they'll use Indy V as a way to get more press to promote some other film.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #2536
James
IndyFan

Just to put the timeline into perspective, I believe Nathanson was announced around February 2005 and Koepp around March 2006.

In between, there was very little in the way of news or rumors. (So little, in fact, that when Frank Marshall announced- in January 2006- that Indy 4 would enter production after Bourne 3, few took him seriously.)
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #2537
lao che & sons
IndyFan

I bet we get an anouncement at next toy-fair or comic con. Just try not to pull any "New hasbro toht action figure with ark ghost" bull

But we really do need to hear some news we're in a bit of a dry spell. they have to keep Indy in the public's eye to keep this thing going
lao che & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #2538
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao che & sons
I bet we get an anouncement at next toy-fair or comic con. Just try not to pull any "New hasbro toht action figure with ark ghost" bull

Yeesh. Don't remind me of that infantile debacle, lao!

But we need some concrete news soon. Because this "Connery back for Indy 5" doesn't seem legit. It would be great if Steven, George, or even Ford slipped in a quote just telling us they're still workin' on it. I'd be happy.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #2539
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeesh. Don't remind me of that infantile debacle, lao!

But we need some concrete news soon. Because this "Connery back for Indy 5" doesn't seem legit. It would be great if Steven, George, or even Ford slipped in a quote just telling us they're still workin' on it. I'd be happy.

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/1576.htm
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #2540
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao_Che

Great. Thank you for that link, Lao. Appreciate it!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #2541
Mickiana
IndyFan

I will take that as another indication Indy5 will happen. All this lack of concrete news does not worry me. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #2542
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Interesting. The California Museum. Time to google.

As for George's comment, meh. Like I haven't heard that before!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #2543
caats
IndyFan

interesting note, Spielberg has left the Harvey remake.

he's got a free plate now. HMMM EH HEHE?
caats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #2544
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
I will take that as another indication Indy5 will happen. All this lack of concrete news does not worry me. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Agreed. I think the will to make another movie is the biggest driver to actually getting it made. If they have the will, which it appears they do, it seems logical to conclude that the odds of Indy V happening are greater than it not.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #2545
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

They have the will but do they have the time?

Unless will makes time?

I mean, with Ford's age, we have a gap slowly closing. Ford's in great shape for his age, but come on.

That's what makes this film different from the Indy 3 to Indy 4 gap. We don't have 19 years here. We have 3-5 maximum. The 4th film being recent should grease the wheels here, but who knows.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #2546
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:

Unless will makes time?

I mean, with Ford's age, we have a gap slowly closing. Ford's in great shape for his age, but come on.

That's what makes this film different from the Indy 3 to Indy 4 gap. We don't have 19 years here. We have 3-5 maximum. The 4th film being recent should grease the wheels here, but who knows.

Agreed... but I'm hoping that the "will" to get it made within the next couple of years exceeds other factors that could get in the way. I'm pretty sure Lucas/Ford and Spielberg will have an idea on what they believe that window of opportunity to be... be it 6, 12, 18 months. Fords age aside, if they want to make a movie that rides the wave of KOTCS financial success, and broadly positive reception (regardless of wether one believes KOTCS to be good or bad), they need to start production in the next 12 months maximum. If they are still no nearer production this time next year, I'd feel confident betting that it will never happen with Ford in the role.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #2547
James
IndyFan

Quote:

If nothing else, Ford clearly seems to be intent on making time. He's finished with Extraordinary Measures and Morning Glory is currently in post. It's somewhat unusual for him to not have another project lined up at this point. It's also interesting that both his post-KOTCS projects were atypical roles for him. (Sure, Glory has potential to be another Working Girl, but Ford is well aware that romantic comedy is not his bread-and-butter.)

Even Spielberg seems to be keeping a much lighter schedule. I don't think Harvey falling through will impact Indy 5 much- since that was really about doing a film for Dreamworks anyway- but it does lighten his workload even further.

Quote:
That's what makes this film different from the Indy 3 to Indy 4 gap. We don't have 19 years here.

It's also different in that Lucas and Spielberg initiated the idea this time around, and have pretty much been responsible for all the film's rumors. They seem to have a much clearer idea for an Indy sequel than they did at any point in the 90s. Another interesting aspect is that much of that idea could've been decided upon during pre-production for Indy 4.

Maybe it's just the years I spent reading things like, "Uh, yeah...if we can all agree on a script," but Lucas saying, "It's in development. That's all I can say." seems a little bit more substantial. It may not actually happen, but at least it sounds like something is on the table.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #2548
emtiem
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
If nothing else, Ford clearly seems to be intent on making time. He's finished with Extraordinary Measures and Morning Glory is currently in post. It's somewhat unusual for him to not have another project lined up at this point.

But then he is over retirement age, is seriously loaded (!), and doesn't actually seem to like movies very much!
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #2549
James
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtiem
But then he is over retirement age, is seriously loaded (!), and doesn't actually seem to like movies very much!

Fair enough, but we could've said the same prior to KOTCS.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #2550
emtiem
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Fair enough, but we could've said the same prior to KOTCS.

Yes indeed; but I'm saying that there's no reason for him to fill out his schedule.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote