Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Tingler said:
There are two options for TT Games - either Lego Indy II with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and a mix of levels from various Indy sources (comics? Books? Games? Young Indy? Maybe!), or the much more likely Complete Adventures which just has the additional KOTCS section.

I think that the form the Lego Bond game takes may point the way for possibilities, depending on how it deals with so much source material to adapt.

fixer79

Lonsome_Drifter said:
When you play through Last Crusade, it starts off in the Knight's Tomb! I wonder why we can't play as young Indy on the train?

Really? LC starts in the Knight's Tomb?
What a missed opportunity...
Dangnammit, I was really looking forward to the circus train scene... It's the most colorful stuff in the trilogy and LEGO leaves it out!
:(

First it got cut out of Super Nintendo's Indy's Greatest Adventures and now this...

OhioJones

Attila the Professor said:
I think that the form the Lego Bond game takes may point the way for possibilities, depending on how it deals with so much source material to adapt.

Wait....what????

Michael24

I would hate to buy Lego Indiana Jones, then a year or so later have to buy it again in order to get a Lego version of KOTCS. So hopefully they'd do something else for a follow-up, like have it just have KOTCS and either some Young Indy stuff or just all-new adventures. :)

OhioJones said:
Wait....what????

That's what I was about to say. A Lego Bond game!? Never heard of that, and I don't think there's ever even been Lego Bond toy sets, but that's one I'd buy in a heartbeat. (y)

Dust McAlan

I'm pretty much buying this game, partly for my son, partly for me, but it would truly be a shame if they release another game which is Kingdom plus the Original Adventures. Either way this game looks like it's gonna be fun---the mine cart chase in particular looks sick.

The Tingler

A Lego 007 game has not been announced and was only a bit of guesswork by a couple of magazines. Lego Batman is next, then I'm prepared to bet on Lego Indy II/Complete Adventures depending on how well this one sells (a lot probably!). After that it's all guesses.

The most obvious one is a proper Lego Harry Potter, who already has a Lego series and even a couple of atrocious games. Should be timed for the next film.

00Kevin

Indyfan
mmm...lego bond, i like the sound of that

the demo was awesome! the films have never been reintroduced onto the recent generations of 3D gaming platform and it is awesome to finally get to expeience the old adventures in modern graphics!

my only question is, in the room where the idol is, there is a big cave in the side of the wall which has a silver barrier infront of it. The game promts that if you throw something at it, it was explode and you can go in, but whenever I bring a speat over, Indy doesn't want to pull it out to throw :( did anyone else go in that room and is there arything more than a couple of those lego coins?

The Tingler

Once the demo finishes (or in the main game, once you've finished any level normally) you can play in FreePlay mode. You can then transform between a selection of characters, including Short Round, Willie Scott, a German Trooper, Henry Jones Senior, and a Thuggee. Each of these characters have their own unique set of skills.

To get past that particular barrier, cycle to the grenade-throwing Trooper and chuck an explosive at it.

There's nothing massively exciting to uncover in this particular level though. I expect some really cool stuff will turn up in later FreePlay levels though!

Michael24

Perhaps this was mentioned elsewhere, but I don't think I saw it. In Lego Star Wars II, the movie levels were accessed from the Mos Eisley Cantina, where you could also wander around outside. What location does Lego Indy use for a similar setting, if there is one? Marshall College would be cool.

crowmagnumman

Michael24 said:
Perhaps this was mentioned elsewhere, but I don't think I saw it. In Lego Star Wars II, the movie levels were accessed from the Mos Eisley Cantina, where you could also wander around outside. What location does Lego Indy use for a similar setting, if there is one? Marshall College would be cool.

They say it's Barnett College I think.

fixer79

Rhys135 said:
Some new DS images :-

Link

Ah, sweeet! I hope that DS version will deliver...
Heck, I'm buying it anyway ;)

In fact I would've liked a Gameboy Advance version like they did for LEGO Star Wars. I had fun with that game...
Oh well. Can't have 'em all :)

The Tingler

Yes, it'll be good to take an Indiana Jones game wherever I go!

Hoping the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull mobile game will be available in the UK soon...

Perhilion

Assuming there is a secret KotCS level, which do you think it would be? Which would you want it to be. I'd want either the warehouse/boomtown, the nazca cemetery, the jungle chase, or the temple.

QBComics

Perhilion said:
Assuming there is a secret KotCS level, which do you think it would be? Which would you want it to be. I'd want either the warehouse/boomtown, the nazca cemetery, the jungle chase, or the temple.

It will most likely be the opening scene. Nothing too good from the main plot but something to get you going.(y) Plus, LEGO Sparky!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'm not sure we should get ahead of ourselves...if there's a secret level, it will almost certainly be the search for the Cross of Coronado, which has been mentioned in press materials, and which characters from appear on the website (Young Indy and Herman).

fixer79

Attila the Professor said:
I'm not sure we should get ahead of ourselves...if there's a secret level, it will almost certainly be the search for the Cross of Coronado, which has been mentioned in press materials, and which characters from appear on the website (Young Indy and Herman).

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that, Professor...

I WANT TO PLAY ON THAT TRAIN!

:p

By the way, could someone please post a link to wherever they mention a possible circus train sequence?
Ta!

Cliff

Last edited: