Penman's Everyman Hat durability?

TheAdventurer

Hi guys, I've read and heard so many great things about John Penman's hats and was just curious what the durability of his Everyman Hat is? Does it hold up well in rain, snow, heat and any other elements? Do you take it on adventures or prefer to use another hat? It has that 20-80 rabbit beaver mixture and just wanted to know if anyone who has owned one for a few years has insight on this. Feel free to throw in some photo's of your hat.

Glenville86

I picked up a couple preowned Penman hats this year. One is 100% rabbit and the other is the Everyman 80/20 mix. They are good and sturdy. Cannot comment much on the Penman 80/20 as I only wore it a couple times (have many hats). I have worn the rabbit one a good bit in rain and sun with no issues. I actually lowered the crown down and did a teardrop on it.

Getting back to your original question, I have worn the crap out of my 80/20 Henry and Harrison Indy ones. Have worn them in pouring rain and heavy snow and they still look very good. I do brush all my hats after wearing them and take pretty good care of them. I figured they would wear out after a couple years of use and bought some 100% beaver ones to eventually replace them. Have not had to take the beaver ones out of their boxes yet. The 80/20 blend regardless if it comes from Penman, Adventurebilt or Advintage are some durable hats.