Handbook: The Complete Adventurers Guide

Arab Swordsman

metalinvader said:
Which,I just did an hour ago.I have yet to read it but just thumbing through it,It does looks like a pretty fun book.

I read a bit more of it last night. I laughed out loud at the section about being entombed and the picture showing what would be helpful in getting out of said tomb.

MaxPhactor23

spiralout said:
How do you explain the glowing stones? The heart ripping? The blood of Kali? Face it, Indiana Jones is heavily steeped in fiction, and so is religious lore. Historic myth is no more credible than new-age myth, in fact it's usually less credible.

Face it? There is nothing to face. I certainly don?t agree with that. Once again, it?s like believing in the Inquirer or a tabloid over the New York Times.

Snakes

I still have think that Spielberg won't put out a lousy film. After watching the trailer I always feel that its gonna be real hard for me to dislike KOTCS. There have been other pretty ridiculous moments in the films, such as the seagulls and Messerschmidt scene. I bought the handbook at B&N yesterday and love it. Just the kind of book I always wanted.

IndyFan89

Oh i'm sorry, for a minute there i thought this was a Indiana JOnes forum. Now i see it's a religios argument forum.

I'm a Christian, and i don't appreciate my religion being called fake or "not credible".

I don't want to argue i just simply would not like it brought up when all i want to do is read about Indiana Jones from fellow fans.

MaxPhactor23

IndyFan89 said:
Oh i'm sorry, for a minute there i thought this was a Indiana JOnes forum. Now i see it's a religios argument forum.

I'm a Christian, and i don't appreciate my religion being called fake or "not credible".

I don't want to argue i just simply would not like it brought up when all i want to do is read about Indiana Jones from fellow fans.

I?m not even religious, quite far from, and even I think proclaiming that Alien interference or Ancient Astronaut theories are more believable then religious venues like the Ark it downright?insulting.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Deadlock said:
fallout_banner.jpg

Indy/Fallout crossover. I dig it. :p

Deja' Vu?..

spiralout

IndyFan89 said:

I'm sorry, I don't want to discuss it either, but this guy has been trolling up the Indy 4 boards with his half-meditated aspirations of being an anthropologist or something.

MaxPhactor23

spiralout said:
I'm sorry, I don't want to discuss it either, but this guy has been trolling up the Indy 4 boards with his half-meditated aspirations of being an anthropologist or something.

I can only assume you're talking about me. It's funny that I've never once been warned by the Mod...but people whom have attacked me have. Ironic for a troll, huh? Please, because you don’t agree with my opinion and because I think Aliens mixed into the Jones trilogy happens to be utterly moronic…doesn’t make me a troll. I’m sorry if you’re too narrow-minded to grasp that. Besides, I’m far from the only one complaining about Indy’s recent ridiculous turn to scientology. You need not go any farther then this very thread to see that. And for what it’s worth, not that I expect you (or even care if you do) believe me, I actually am a paleontologist. Whilst not archeology, though I’ve taken numerous courses in the subject as well, they share more then a few things in common. I think this gives my comments a bit of esteem compared to the average Joe moviegoer. :rolleyes:

Darth Vile

MaxPhactor,

So are you stating that you are more qualified to talk about an Indiana Jones movie???

As I already mentioned in another post, the subject matter (and it's merits) of an Indiana Jones movie is purely subjective. Whilst I may prefer the focus to be more Earth based science (like yourself), I can assure you that in archaeological terms the Holy Grail and/or the wrath of God are just as much ‘out there’ as ancient alien astronauts. We may not like the idea of little green men invading an Indy flick (and indeed it may turn out to be utter pants), but there is no factual/scientific basis why aliens or the Loch Ness monster should be more taboo than the “Divine” for Indiana Jones.

Kingsley

No Ticket said:
I was being all optimistic about the movie lately and then I come in here to once again have something shoved up in my face that tells me the movie isn't going to be that great. There's that damn fridge again...
LOL
Your expectations are constantly in highs and lows! cheer!

But don't say "it's just a movie". It isn't.
Not for you, nor for anyone who writes often here. It can't be "just" a movie anymore. We spended too much atention in it to just go to see it like just another movie.

I enjoyed all this speculation time very much. And I will miss it after may 22.
Even if the movie is bad, it will be a very special viewing for me, cause everything we talked about these months will be confronted with the real one...

maybe not in the first view (hope not), but I will remember Tyler Nelson when I see the "dancing scene", those lego sets when I see the "ants scene", and a lot of theories will be confirmed or fall, while I laugh nostalgic at them.

Adamwankenobi

Kingsley said:
LOL

Not for you, nor for anyone who writes often here. It can't be "just" a movie anymore. We spended too much atention in it to just go to see it like just another movie.

Even if the movie is bad, it will be a very special viewing for me, cause everything we talked about these months will be confronted with the real one...

maybe not in the first view (hope not), but I will remember Tyler Nelson when I see the "dancing scene", those lego sets when I see the "ants scene", and a lot of theories will be confirmed or fall, while I laugh nostalgic at them.

That's what's so fun: all the discussion and speculation. That's what makes a film like this an "event" film. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the waiting is slightly more fun than actually seeing the film for the first time. Slightly. ;) :whip:

Cagefighterkip

can someone put scans of these spoiler pages online? or any pages that might have new pics on em online? plzz? the local Borders doesnt carry empire mag.

IndyFan89

Darth Vile said:
MaxPhactor,

So are you stating that you are more qualified to talk about an Indiana Jones movie???

As I already mentioned in another post, the subject matter (and it's merits) of an Indiana Jones movie is purely subjective. Whilst I may prefer the focus to be more Earth based science (like yourself), I can assure you that in archaeological terms the Holy Grail and/or the wrath of God are just as much ?out there? as ancient alien astronauts. We may not like the idea of little green men invading an Indy flick (and indeed it may turn out to be utter pants), but there is no factual/scientific basis why aliens or the Loch Ness monster should be more taboo than the ?Divine? for Indiana Jones.

Thats what i'm talking about right there. I just said i didn't want to read about how my FAITH is OUT THERE. There is no proof of Aliens , Moses and The Ark was a real thing(no matter if you believe it had power or not), thats what makes Aliens harder to believe and a little more goofy.

Now can we please resume safe and friendly Indy conversation?

isaac_z

indyfan, i don't think anyone is trying to make an attack on your faith. what is being discussed is specific archaeological record, empirical, non-faith-based evidence of the figures/events/objects. your faith may tell you that these things existed, and in terms of faith and living a faith-based life that is completely reasonable and accepted, but i think the issue at hand is that in terms of a purely physical, not even literary or folk-based, record, there is no extant proof for some of these objects, regardless of their veracity or importance to varying types of belief systems. moses and the ark truly existed in terms of faith and religious history, but there is no accepted-as-real chest containing the ten commandments currently visible and/or researchable today.

i appologize if i misread your comment or continued down a track you wanted to stop.

Adamwankenobi

IndyFan89 said:
Thats what i'm talking about right there. I just said i didn't want to read about how my FAITH is OUT THERE. There is no proof of Aliens , Moses and The Ark was a real thing(no matter if you believe it had power or not), thats what makes Aliens harder to believe and a little more goofy.

Now can we please resume safe and friendly Indy conversation?

The Ark was reported to have existed by several writers of the Bible, but no one has reported on such an object for thousands of years (aside from that one group, who refuses to allow their claims of guarding the Ark to be verified by letting... anyone see what they're supposedly guarding). It may have existed at one point or may still exist and be hidden somewhere, but there is no proof today aside from text that has been translated multiple times from original writings of people who have been dead for over 2000 years.

Similar to the Ark, many in the last 60 years (as well as the occasional siting throughout the world before that) have reported sightings of UFOs, but no real hard evidence has been presented. Therefore, aside from faith, I don't see what the difference is between the Ark and UFOs.

No Ticket

Kingsley said:
LOL

Oh I'm enjoying all this speculation and stuff too. And I realized when I said that, someone would call me out on it and say, "Nuh uh!! It's more than a movie!! You're not a true fan!!" lol.

It is more of an "event" than just a movie. I certainly will be making a big deal out of it. But, I think you know what I mean. In the grand scheme of things... whether it's good or bad... it's only a two hour film. So I guess we shouldn't be so worried about it.

You're right though. My expectations go up and down on the daily based on things I read here. lol. It's such a roller coaster ride!