TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #51
MsIndy07
IndyFan

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like Cate Blanchett in this movie, I think she is going to be brilliant!
MsIndy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #52
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I would just like to say in regards to the date: I was that close! I don't know if anyone remembers but I kept predicting 1956... and now it's 1957 while the rest of you were like "yeah, early 60s" so much for the great intellectuals of this forum!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #53
Avilos
IndyFan

I never had any firm ideas for a specific year. But I always figured it would be the 1950's. Not the 60's. The world changed significantly in the 60's on every single level. While the 50s is still dealing with the aftermaths of WWII. Indiana Jones in the 60s would feel like an anachronism. A hold over from an early age. I think that would have been a HUGE mistake.
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #54
indyt
IndyFan

I am a little nervous. 57 gives us alot of history, mafia, communism and, yes, sputnik. I sure hope this movie has nothing to do with space or aliens. I know it is too early to tell but from my studies, little happened that year archaeology wise, evcavation of Tikal (1956), "King Midas's/Gordius's tomb", etc. Ofcoure I know that does not matter, anything can happen. It is interisting that Tikal was in IJ and the Fate of Atlantis though.

Last edited by indyt : 05-19-2007 at 02:08 PM.
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #55
Rivers
IndyFan

I dont know why or where anyone thought Indy 4 would be set in the 60's....Lucas and Speilberg have maintained the whole time it was set in the 50's
Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #56
Avilos
IndyFan

indyt any artifact Indy finds would not have anything to do with the real history
of 1957. Was the Lost Ark really discovered in 1936? Real artifacts were found by real people. They would never shoehorn Indy into a real archaeological dig. Also no real life discoveries would be exiting enough. Indy's discoveries exist in a secret history that most of the world never learns about.
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #57
indyt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilos
indyt any artifact Indy finds would not have anything to do with the real history
of 1957. Was the Lost Ark really discovered in 1936? Real artifacts were found by real people. They would never shoehorn Indy into a real archaeological dig. Also no real life discoveries would be exiting enough. Indy's discoveries exist in a secret history that most of the world never learns about.

I understand what you are saying Avilos. But his adventures could, or may not deal with real history. It depends on the story. I was just trying to "dig around" the history of 1957 to maybe pick up a clue on his next possible artifact.
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #58
StwongBwidge
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyt
I understand what you are saying Avilos. But his adventures could, or may not deal with real history. It depends on the story. I was just trying to "dig around" the history of 1957 to maybe pick up a clue on his next possible artifact.

I totally agree. Of course they won't graft Indy onto an existing real-life archaelogical discovery in '57 (IF this is the year - still don't understand why the specific year, as opposed to time-period, would need to be divulged to Yale people by the location guys...). However, the real-life existence of the Nazis and their very real obsession with the occult and quasi-mythical archeological artifacts played a major part in the quests involved in the late 30's settings of ROTLA and LC.

Anaylsing the mid-fifties for context I imagine will be very fruitful and offer real insight into likely plot-elements, even the artifact itself.

The rise of the space-race, cold war, mccarthyism and religio-archaeological events such as the ongoing discovery/interpretation/suppression of the dead sea scrolls I think are genuine contendors to colour the story.
StwongBwidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #59
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

More New Haven chase scene spoilers:

Quote:
Books fly. Students flee. Into a Yale courtyard bursts Indiana Jones.

So is the scene described by the men pictured below as they came to City Hall to ask for street closures to facilitate New Haven's summer blockbuster -- the fourth, as yet unnamed, Indiana Jones film.

Aldermen Monday approved street closures for the riveting chase through downtown streets -- and heard a preview of the plot of the movie to be shot in part in downtown New Haven in coming weeks.

In the New Haven-shot scenes, professor Ford gets pursued by bad guys in black sedans through the Yale campus, up to athletic fields, where he may just catch a football for a moment of lighthearted shtick.

http://tinyurl.com/2r3ts9

Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #60
MsIndy07
IndyFan

[QUOTEAll the excitement will require about 500 extras, Martin said. (Look for announcements soon on where to audition.) [/quote]

Who's in??

Thansk DS, great find!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #61
Johan
IndyFan

Sign Me up!
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:38 PM   #62
Gear
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilos

Thats just what I was getting at a few weeks ago! The Nazi's did find some interesting stuff but so did our government. Not just ancient artifacts but also other worldy things... But this is another topic for another thread.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #63
Moedred
Administrator

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...clears_pat.php
Quote:
On Monday, Indiana Jones bursts through Yale's Branford College courtyard on the motorcycle, continuing on through Saybrook College. Tuesday, he'll head to a Yale baseball diamond off Derby Avenue, which has a tunnel running under it, according to Martin's research.
"I'm sure they're going to make it try to fly out of the tunnel," Martin told the aldermen. Then Indy "steals a football from practice and uses it as a weapon," he said. (Martin later elaborated the football throw was just an example of a possible moment of lighthearted comic relief, not a guarantee.) Thursday, the chase will hit downtown's Wall Street, then Friday, it'll fly by Yale's Sterling Memorial Library, on to Woolsey Hall, where the film crew hopes to stage the finale.
Ford bursts through Commons, which is set up to look like a study hall. "Books will be flying, students will be running." If all goes as currently planned, a Sedan may flip over outside on Grove Street.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #64
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

There's an audio interview with the mayor of New Haven talking about Indy 4 filming in his city. I think it was done on May 15. Beware there's possible spoilers...

Look down the page for "Colin McEnroe with Mayor John Destefano".

http://www.wtic.com/pages/5478.php?

Here's an mp3 link:

http://podcast.wtic.com/wtic/456730.mp3

Here's the New Haven Independent article or the interview:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...na_jones_a.php
Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #65
DaFedora
IndyFan

Oh man , I just read the article at the New Haven Independent papers: http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...clears_pat.php

I wish I didn't somehow... but I hope for some fun around the library...

Jeez, they're looking for 500 extra's and I bet the Indy fans in the vicinity won't want to miss that opportunity!

It won't be long before spy set photo's will be seeping through...
I couldn't restrain myself either when I walked onto the Tatooine hamlet set in construction while I was in Tunisia five years ago (Lucas was reportedly coming over two weaks later for principal photography for Episode II). I was thrilled to think Lucas would stand right where I was standing two weeks later... and I couldn't prolong the holidays however... there was some security too but let me take some photos anyway.
DaFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #66
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Some new production info:

From the New Haven Register:
06/03/2007

Quote:
WEST HAVEN — Move over, L.A.

"Hollywood West" — as in West Haven — may be growing into a prime set for Tinseltown's A-list actors this summer.

The nickname jokingly rolled off the tongue of city spokesman Michael P. Walsh when he confirmed this week that West Haven may join the elite status of New Haven as the production location for a major movie.

No, make that two major movies.

Within the last two weeks, representatives of both the Robert De Niro and Al Pacino thriller, "Righteous Kill," and the fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" series rubbed shoulders with city officials to discuss potential sites throughout West Haven.

Quote:
She also referred the "Indiana Jones" film crew to the First Congregational Church in West Haven when they asked if she knew of any quaint white churches in the area.

Paramount Pictures representative Abby Eon, in a letter to the city, said the producers for the PG-rated action-adventure film are considering using the exterior of the historic church on the Green, "with actors entering and exiting the church."

Neither Eon nor church officials returned calls seeking further comment.

"Since the movie is set in 1957, we will need to have only our period 'picture cars' on the street (both driving and parked)," wrote Eon. Yale University's practice field on Derby Avenue may also be transformed into a stunt-packed action scene on July 3. Shooting in New Haven is set to begin June 28.

According to Police Chief Ronald M. Quagliani, the West Haven Board of Police Commissioners will consider during its Tuesday meeting Paramount's request to close Derby Avenue intermittently on July 3 and 6 between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

Uhmmm....PG rated....?

http://tinyurl.com/264cfr

BTW:

Quote:
An open casting call for the fourth installment of the modern classic adventure series, starring Harrison Ford, will be held June 11 and 12, according to Billy Dowd Casting.

If you're over 18 and want to get paid for possibly standing in the background on Chapel Street as Ford is filmed on his motorcycle, go to the Omni Hotel at Yale between 1 and 9 p.m. on either day. The photo is not returnable.
http://tinyurl.com/2fo7oq
Old 06-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #67
Gobi-1
IndyFan

Is Indy getting left at the alter? One more script element from The Saucer Men From Mars.
Gobi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #68
Finn

First of all, PG-13 is also referred as "PG-rated" on screen.

Then, the church. You know, I'd lean towards a funeral. We don't have just one, but two possible characters whose casket it may be.
Of course, even if it's a wedding, we yet don't know whose.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #69
Gobi-1
IndyFan

Never thought about a funeral. Still I think there's a lot of evidence suggesting scenes and ideas from The Saucer Men of Mars script ended up in the final script.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 AM   #70
Finn

Still, let's not forget that lot of this "evidence" that's been spread around could be complete hoax. Ironically enough, this far New Haven Register appears to be one of our most trustworthy sources...
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #71
Gobi-1
IndyFan

I agree. The Register is what I was basing my opinion own. I'm really looking forward to their coverage when shooting begins.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #72
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

I wonder if we're going to get any news reports when the movie starts filming in LA this week. Maybe it already has started filming in L.A.?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #73
Aaron H
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi-1
Never thought about a funeral. Still I think there's a lot of evidence suggesting scenes and ideas from The Saucer Men of Mars script ended up in the final script.
Hold on there for just a moment...SMM is NOT, repeat, NOT the script being used. Lucas, and come to think of it Hollywood at large, never throws a good idea away. Instead that good idea become a part of anothe good idea. That is what we are seeing with this new script/movie. There will be some elements that are going to be reused simply because they were good ideas. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Aaron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #74
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

New Indy 4 story up at the New Haven Independent!

The Classic Cars of Indy 4:

Quote:
Indiana Jones Comes Calling -- For Classic Engines

by Linda Cuckovich | June 4, 2007 12:08 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Indiana Jones’s dramatic chase through downtown New Haven next month will unfold against a back-drop of classic cars like this one — assuming, that is, that the film’s props department can convince 40 owners to park their mint-condition autos for the spectacle.

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...php#005222more
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #75
MsIndy07
IndyFan

Sweeeeeetnesssssss!!