Indy 4 Deleted Scenes

Darth Vile

indyswk said:
Also, the overall idea that Mutt takes the bike all the way to South America and we don't get to see it after they leave the airport until when Mutt says he left the bike at the cemetary -- i think there's a whole scene with his bike in Peru that was cut too. Personally after that it feels unnecessary to see them loading the bike into the plane or even for Mutt to say that last line.

I agree. Either something was cut or they just couldn't come up with another way to incorporate the bike further on. Personally speaking, the natural place for the bike to reappear would be in the jungle chase i.e. Mutt uses the bike to catch up with Spalko/the skull, as opposed to using those blasted vines...

Henry

dr.jones1986 said:
There is actually a short deleted scene that everyone has missed and you can view clips of it on the special features disc. During the map sequence, Indy and Mutt change planes in Mexico City. You can see them transfering Mutt's Harley in a crate and he is freaking out that something is going to happen to it. It would have been short with no dialogue but it would have been nice to see it in the final film. It was one of the last scenes they shot for the movie. It is the last feautrette in the filming section of the DVD.

There is
PDVD_089.JPG

PDVD_090.JPG

PDVD_092.JPG

from http://indianajonesbrasil.blogspot.com/search/label/Cenas Excluídas

dr.jones1986

Darth Vile said:
I agree. Either something was cut or they just couldn't come up with another way to incorporate the bike further on. Personally speaking, the natural place for the bike to reappear would be in the jungle chase i.e. Mutt uses the bike to catch up with Spalko/the skull, as opposed to using those blasted vines...

A Harley in the amazon might have seemed random, but I still think it would have worked better than the vines.

Darth Vile

dr.jones1986 said:
A Harley in the amazon might have seemed random, but I still think it would have worked better than the vines.

If done right, it could have been a bit like the speeder bike chase from Return of the Jedi. :)

Darth Vile

Yep - that's a good one Indy's Bro. Although I'd like to see it as a deleted scene, I'm glad they removed it from the cut as I think it would have dragged on too long otherwise.

Dr. Gonzo

Moedred said:
Did we ever conclude whether these boat pictures taken outside Downey Studios were for Indy 4?

78845_100_0468_122_641lo.JPG

80683_100_0486_122_829lo.JPG

Also, there are computer graphics from an effects featurette of an ant-covered person throwing punches... any images out there?

Your images aren't appearing moe...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm preparing a deleted scenes page for theRaider, this is a good source to start with, just wanted to search of other additions. Here are the boat pictures below, opinions? I suspect the black things are full of water.

103149_original.jpg

102779_original.jpg

102484_original.jpg

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty easy to spot the deleted scenes in the script...
Even Mutt has noticed the hypnotic quality of the skull, and he steps forward to look at it, now right behind Indy -- and the floor beneath them gives way! Mutt falls, but grabs hold of the leg of Orellana’s skeleton as he goes down, through the floor --

63 OMIT
64 OMIT

65 EXT CEMETERY DAWN
As dawn breaks in the cemetery, Mutt and Indy climb out of the open grave. But Indy stops in his tracks, coming face to face with -- UNIFORMED RUSSIAN SOLDIERS on either side. Mac, Indy’s old friend, walks up to him.
MAC: Hello, Jonesy.
INDY: Hello, Mac.
CUT TO:

66 OMIT
67 OMIT
67A OMIT
67B OMIT

68 EXT IQUITOS NIGHT
Night has fallen on the outskirts of the jungle city of Iquitos, the last toehold of civilization before the Amazon. A SOVIET ARMY REGIMENT is amassed in a makeshift camp on the edge of the clawing jungle.

Stoo

Moedred said:
Here are the boat pictures below, opinions?
The mast doesn't match with the wooden one from the film (as I'm sure you've already well noticed). What is supposed to be going on with these photos?:confused: It's a conundrum.

If these 'making-of' shots are indeed a verifiable, abandoned scene from Indy 4, then their non-inclusion provides some insight as to why stock footage from the "Amazon" documentary from 1997 was used instead.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if this is a deleted scene, an alternate take, or what.

6.JPG

Udvarnoky and I were discussing the abridged transition from sanitarium to graveyard. There are gallery images on the DVD (does anyone have them?) of Indy pushing open the gate of a huge Jurassic Park sized archway, also images of Indy and Mutt walking around the perimeter.

There's also a gallery image of the cell wall etched like a huge skull, which Indy stands in front of just like in the teaser poster, with a smaller skull between the eyes.
The far wall is one great big drawing, and Ox has used the small square windows for the skull’s eyes.

MUTT
Ox, man, what happened to you?
It's not in the final shooting script, but would cutting back to that after Indy climbed into position have been a little too one the nose, literally?

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
There is the famed "Marshall College Football Practice/Chase scene" - extras cast, Yale Bowl was prepped - the details of the scene where Indy intercepts a football and throws it at the the Russians face appears in the novelization...

More of Indy leaving at Branford airport (a name put up there by assistant prop master and college friend of mine) the late Scott "Goober" Getzinger - Branford, CT was his hometown and its name was painted on the tower. Mutt worrying about his bike.

Then the wedding scene outside the church that had cars, Mutt's motorcycle outside -- filmed with extras in New Haven - not used in film.

More of Russians following Indy and Mutt at train station filmed in Essex CT - stills exist of that.