Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #26
digitalfreaknyc
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Kevin
I thought they decided not to shoot the scene in the stadium?

Yup. It was never shot.
digitalfreaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #27
Yure
IndyFan

Some of the pictures from the motorbike chase showed Harrison driving the bike... were those just promotional shot or is there a deleted scene with Indy driving?
Yure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #28
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Thank you for searching prior to posting. Five stars will be added to your profile, for sheer brillance and courtsey.

Good thing someone has the time to search every single thing.

You know so we can do the mod's jobs for them.

If you read the making of book, The comic adaptation, and the novel...there are plenty of deleted areas that would have worked very well.

I would like to know why some of the Hanger edits were made.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #29
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by God'sRadio
Not deleted but included - I read there was no scene of Indy being scrubbed / decontaminated after the bomb scene. Was in the movie I saw.

The scrubbing was in the Novel.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #30
IndyFan89
IndyFan

Quote:
In the Lego set they make a big deal of a swordfight at the camp and a table split in half - not in movie?

Not in the movie.
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #31
Yure
IndyFan

Ah, a scene that was rumoured deleted but that actually wasn't is the Russians dancing and singing folk songs at the camp, celebrating the capture of the prisoners.
When Tyler Nelson, the extra who played a russian dancer, revealed details of the scene, someone supposed that the scene could be cut.
Yure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #32
Michael24
IndyFan

Maybe I'm crazy, but I swore that trailer of Indy running between two rows of crates, coiling his whip as bullets strike the crates around him, wasn't in the movie. Either it was cut and I just didn't even notice it.

And while not deleted stuff, I did notice some shots (like Indy running up along the rafters, the Russians passing Mac as they fire at Indy) were actually flipped from how they appeared in the trailer, and some of the various dialogue in the trailer was different and/or spliced from completely different scenes.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #33
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
In the Lego set they make a big deal of a swordfight at the camp and a table split in half - not in movie?

The Jungle Duel scenario isn't in the film, BUT...

....if you watch closely, you will see that giant 3 foot banana from the Jungle Duel playset being thrown by one of the monkeys towards the commies during the chase.

THAT took me right out of the film.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #34
Deckard
IndyFan

I dunno if it was in the novelisation or at any point in the script or even tossed around, but I was most dissapointed by the lack of a big battle between the Akator Natives and Russians. They had potential to have a badass apocalypto sort of fight there.

Also I didn't like the lack of the Jungle Cutter. It was cool to end the Jungle chase w/ the Ant fight, but add the Jungle Cutter to that equation. Think about it, Indy and Dovchenko fighting on top of it, the blades whirring, grinders spinning, ants surrounding it...
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #35
Snakes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24
Maybe I'm crazy, but I swore that trailer of Indy running between two rows of crates, coiling his whip as bullets strike the crates around him, wasn't in the movie. Either it was cut and I just didn't even notice it.

That was in the movie, but it was in the middle of a longer shot.
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #36
isaac_z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Nys
I was so waiting for that floor to collapse as well! It just looked like the next logical thing to happen.

About the editing, I thought some shots just took too long. Like when Mutt and the monkey face each other. Why linger on the monkey so long? It happens several times. When Indy says "Part time", we see him standing there doing nothing. Should've been a quicker cut.

i think he and the monkey have a longer moment in order to form a (incredibly tenuous) connection in regards to similar hair styles. that's why the monkeys don't attack mutt - they all have D.A. cuts...

as far as indy in the cemetery ... he smirks... i guess...

also, i wish he fired his gun at some point.
isaac_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #37
NamedAfterDaDog
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Also I didn't like the lack of the Jungle Cutter. It was cool to end the Jungle chase w/ the Ant fight, but add the Jungle Cutter to that equation. Think about it, Indy and Dovchenko fighting on top of it, the blades whirring, grinders spinning, ants surrounding it...

Yep, I agree. We saw it for about a ten second shot of it cutting through the jungle, and then the next time we see it it's being blown up.
NamedAfterDaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #38
Killah|Bee
IndyFan

dunno if is my own opinion or Indy doesn't make use of his whip and revolver enough!
Killah|Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #39
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I dunno if it was in the novelisation or at any point in the script or even tossed around, but I was most dissapointed by the lack of a big battle between the Akator Natives and Russians. They had potential to have a badass apocalypto sort of fight there.

Both good ideas. The Jungle Cutter was particularly underused. I wonder, however, if they thought of doing it that way but then decided that it would be too similar to the fight with Vogel, but with the colonel being sliced to death in the manner of the German mechanic instead? Of course, he still could - and should - have been devoured by the ants, but it would still leave open the question of what happens to the cutter. If it just falls over the cliff, obviously, that's a bad call, and the ants wouldn't bring it into the anthill. Perhaps it could have somehow run-aground on the anthills? Not sure.

Another thing that could have made it in, of course, was the old bit about the secret lair behind the waterfall, but a good comparison of Saucermen from Mars is neither something I'm equipped to do at the moment or eager to take up.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #40
Insomniac
IndyFan

Mutt's bloody switchblade and how indy got new backpack. Knife:http://www.theraider.net/showimage.p...ens/ij4_21.jpg
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #41
Dr.Tyree
IndyFan

Yeah... does anyone else think these possibly deleted scenes would have been GREAT in the movie?

The example of Mutt's bloody knife - looks like a real moment!

(though, in the Ultimate Guide, it specifically says it has never been used in violence).

The trading cards show other scenes, like one between Indy and Mac fighting in the sedan...

Who knows - they could have been promotional, but it seems like an even better film was somewhere in there...?

Maybe a Director's cut?
Dr.Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #42
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Tyree
Yeah... does anyone else think these possibly deleted scenes would have been GREAT in the movie?

The example of Mutt's bloody knife - looks like a real moment!

(though, in the Ultimate Guide, it specifically says it has never been used in violence).

The trading cards show other scenes, like one between Indy and Mac fighting in the sedan...

Who knows - they could have been promotional, but it seems like an even better film was somewhere in there...?

Maybe a Director's cut?

That was not Mac in the sedan. It was Dimitri Diatchenko and it was in the movie. It's the scene where Dimitri pulls Indy off Mutt's bike and into the back of the sedan.
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #43
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGemni

- My son got a pack of trading cards and there is a picture of Indy whipping a knife out of a cemetary warrior's hand during the fight in the cemetary. The same image is also on the cover of the comic, and I believe it shows Indy practicing that scene in one of the last IJ.com web videos. That scene was not in the movie I saw last night.

There is a picture of that in the new Indy magazine. In this picture Mutt was in the scene too.
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 PM   #44
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

The Football stadium scene was cut last year in New Haven and never filmed! Though extras were cast and costumes made the Yale Bowl was cut out last year. There was a beautiful wooden door made at Yale and had a motorcycle crash through it that was filmed -- never made it in... saw that one with my own eyes..
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:52 AM   #45
God'sRadio
IndyFan

Generally one of the disappointments for me was that the trailer led me to expect sequences that in fact turned out to last not much longer than in the trailer

Example
In the warehouse, Indy whips, swings, ends up in the truck, punches the drivers out - and seconds later is in Spalko's jeep.

Example
The shot of the warriors stalking Indy & Co, bolos whirling, Mac shouting Jonesy - and 90 seconds later everything is sorted.

And there are more
God'sRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:19 AM   #46
Jim Tigernuts
IndyFan

I just know there's a deleted scene where the camera zooms in on Indy's eyes in that classic motif. Clearly Someone thought it didn't work, which is pretty tragic. I was hanging out to see that motif. Not a true Indy film without it.
Jim Tigernuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #47
indytim
IndyFan

Location: England (you can get all kinds of transport there ... boat, plane, anything)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac

I always thought that shot looked as if Mutt's knife blade had been dipped into something that turned it to gold ... as if alchemy existed at Akator, which would tie in with the whole City Of Gold legend.
indytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #48
Jeeh
IndyFan

In the trailer there is this shot of something falling from the sky.

I always thought it was something alien soaring towards the ground, but it was never used in the movie, or I kinda completely missed it twice.
Jeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #49
bergstrom
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamedAfterDaDog
This is my own imagination/fantasy, but one of the worst things for the movie for me, other than lack of whip action, was the lack of Dovenchko dialogue. As in, he had none. Toht, Deitrich, Chattar Lal, Vogel, all the villainous sidekicks, they all had at least three lines of dialogue, although none of them had as much action as Colonel D.
I would love to see more Spalko/Dovchenko dialogue, action, or communication, etc.

Regarding Dovenchiko, perhaps actions speaks louder than words.
bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #50
James
IndyFan

Didn't the first preview screening clock in at 140 minutes?
James is offline   Reply With Quote