What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Z dweller

Jeez guys, we all agree Harry is physically very fit for his age.

But that is simply not enough to play Indy.

His face refects his age 100%, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.
This was already a big problem in KOTCS, for gawds sake, and that was over 6 years ago!
Most of Harry's facial expessions in that movie came across as tired, lacking the intensity and fire required to play Indy convincingly.
Even the patented Indy smirk seemed like a bad imitation of the original.

Does it really matter if Harry is slimmer now than in 2008?

Who wants to see an old, tired looking Indy lead an action movie?

Unless of course they digitally alter his face like they did with Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy. Now, would you really want to see that ??

I'd rather they recast it, in fact I'm pretty sure that's what Disney are going to do at this stage.

Silvor

Z dweller said:
Jeez guys, we all agree Harry is physically very fit for his age.

But that is simply not enough to play Indy.

His face refects his age 100%, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.
This was already a big problem in KOTCS, for gawds sake, and that was over 6 years ago!
Most of Harry's facial expessions in that movie came across as tired, lacking the intensity and fire required to play Indy convincingly.
Even the patented Indy smirk seemed like a bad imitation of the original.

Does it really matter if Harry is slimmer now than in 2008?

Who wants to see an old, tired looking Indy lead an action movie?

Unless of course they digitally alter his face like they did with Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy. Now, would you really want to see that ??

I'd rather they recast it, in fact I'm pretty sure that's what Disney are going to do at this stage.
That is just your opinions on the matter.
I however do not share those opinions and thought he looked and performed great in Crystal skull. Almost all reviews of the movie during it's release agree with this.
As I've said numerous times he could easily pass for mid fifties.

I really don't get what people have against older folks.
If Ford can run, fight and swing around just fine why is it suddenly not acceptable to see Indy do it? Is it Just because certain people don't believe older people should be able to do stuff like that?

Seeing as Disney is probably on good terms with Ford now after getting him on board for Star Wars, I think it would be a little odd to do another Indy without him.
Would not be surprised if we actually do get another one.

Last edited:

Glenville86

They may be able to squeeze one more movie with Harrison Ford if it is done pretty soon. Would not anticipate it being much action on his part but could be filled with action going on around him. Maybe as a grand finale, end the character in some huge way and end the franchise. They could recast the son role and continue in that way. Would not be Indiana Jones but the son has the same proper name and could be called something else.

I personally think recasting a young actor might work and opens the door for many possibilities.

Heck - Hollywood might make the Indy character discover a relic in his old age like the fountain of youth that transforms him into a young man.....

Dr. Gonzo

Telling Stallone to "Shut the F*ck up"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8BV0_mrXnqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

curmudgeon

Shooting the Blade Runner sequel, sometime next year... or at least that's the hope, according to this this lengthy piece on Ridley Scott.

The key quote:

?We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first one,? says Scott, who adds that fans can expect to see Harrison Ford back in the saddle as the futuristic gumshoe Rick Deckard. ?Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it?s about finding him; he comes in in the third act.? Per Scott, that Alcon Entertainment production should go before the cameras within the next year, but with someone else directing (he?ll produce).

Grizzlor

Well, sounds like Harrison won't be doing that many scenes, probably won't take more than a few weeks.

Finn

Staff member
The URL says one thing, but the actual page title says another. Looks like they fell for it first but then corrected their error.

Stoo

What else do you expect from a website called, Nerd Report?:rolleyes:

What's Harrison doing these days? He's probably rolling up some Flower Bomb Kush and smokin' it.