old Indy new Indy

Indy~Annie

i was wondering how many other fans got all of the 1992,1993...Indy books (like Rob Macgregor,Max Mccoy.and so on) and then when u just finish getting all of them off the internet they put new ones out in stores!!! lol this happened to me

but i guess i dont care cause i have the old ones.:D and there more collectible,i think.:p

(even though they smell like an old library.lol)

LostArk

I think I'm gonna watch the rest of YIJ, beat Emperor's Tomb and read all the Marvel/Dark Horse comics before I start reading the books.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
It happened to me too! Though they haven't re-released them down here yet. I completed my collection last year, with the then out of print "Peril at Delphi". The others I had ordered though bookstores over the years, we're talking something like 4 years by the time I got them all. I still don't have any of the Young Indy books, though I have read most of them and I pretty much wanted to pass because they were for younger readers.... with the exception of that Mata Hari one...... maybe I'll get that one! ;)

Agent Z

Hey, didn't the originals have embossed covers though? That sounds kinda cool, and would make me want to hunt down the originals if that were the case.

I'm also taking that none of these were ever in hardcover?

Indy~Annie said:
(even though they smell like an old library.lol)

Hey, I kinda like that old book smell.....especially with comic books. :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Agent Z said:
Hey, didn't the originals have embossed covers though? That sounds kinda cool, and would make me want to hunt down the originals if that were the case.

I'm also taking that none of these were ever in hardcover?

Hey, I kinda like that old book smell.....especially with comic books. :D

My original PAD has the embossed cover. The others, I have collected, don't as they are later re-prints ordered directly from the publisher in the States. So if you want the embossed covers you're going to have to get original second hand ones off Ebay or a library or something. As far as I know, there was no hardcovers for any of the novels, except for the movie adaptations as I have seen an original hardcover for LC with that photo of Indy and his Dad on the cover rather than the poster.

I like the old book smell too.

Agent Z

Violet Indy said:
My original PAD has the embossed cover. The others, I have collected, don't as they are later re-prints ordered directly from the publisher in the States. So if you want the embossed covers you're going to have to get original second hand ones off Ebay or a library or something. As far as I know, there was no hardcovers for any of the novels, except for the movie adaptations as I have seen an original hardcover for LC with that photo of Indy and his Dad on the cover rather than the poster.

Ahhh, thanks so much! I have all the latest reprints filed away on a virtual shopping cart to buy later on in the year when DeepDiscount has their second big sale. However, I'll check eBay in the interim and see if I come up lucky for those embossed covers. I have a feeling, from earlier searches, that I will not. Oh well.

Violet Indy said:
I like the old book smell too.
Yes! Doesn't it go without saying though? Who doesn't like the smell of an old book?!? :confused:

*looks over in the corner at a passed-out Indy~Annie and just shakes his head*