Young Indiana

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Chattar Lal said:
If you were a fan of the OT would you probably love YIJC just as much?

Not necessarily.

While the 3 Indy movies were action/ adventure films, the YIJC are not.
The Young Indy movies are about Indy growing up and learning from meeting famous people and getting into more or less important historical situations, and stuff.
They're rather educational.

Junior Jones

Educational, but still very good.

The beauty of a series is that you can do a variety of things. There was a lot of action in the series, but many fans discount it because it can't compare to the movies. There was comedy, war, drama, romance, mystery.

People who hold that Indiana Jones is only about a gritty, worldly archaeologist who has non-stop action-packed adventures (as seen in the trilogy) won't like Young Indy. The series expanded him beyond his cinematic origin as an action movie character, and in explaining some of his background, removed some of the mystery.

Some people don't like that. Personally, I love it!

Last edited:

blur

Re: Re: Young Indiana

Ayrun said:
While the 3 Indy movies were action/ adventure films, the YIJC are not.

So you don't think the episodes where Indy duels that biplane on his motorcycle, or the flying episode where he goes up against the Red Baron, or the one where he takes Beersheba with the Australian Light Horse weren't action?!? Man, you're hard to please!

the hammer42

I liked the mistery of the blues the best.
in the beginning and in the end they had a great actor. Who was he? ( like I dont know)
In the chase scene they had the same music as the truck chase in Raiders.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
blur said:
So you don't think the episodes where Indy duels that biplane on his motorcycle, or the flying episode where he goes up against the Red Baron, or the one where he takes Beersheba with the Australian Light Horse weren't action?!? Man, you're hard to please!

Three episodes out of.. how many were there? 22?
No, in my eyes that doesn't compare to the almost non-stop action in the 3 Indy movies, sorry.

But yeah, it's true; there is a bit of action in it - once in a while ? but the YIJC aren't about that. They are about Indy growing up.

Indy Benson

I disagree...there is plenty of action in the Young Indy series. In addition to what Blur has already posted:
-How about escaping from a German POW castle?
-Treasure of the Peacock's Eye?
-Battling Dracula?

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Indy Benson said:
I disagree...there is plenty of action in the Young Indy series. In addition to what Blur has already posted:
-How about escaping from a German POW castle?
-Treasure of the Peacock's Eye?
-Battling Dracula?

Come on?

There are about 22 episodes of Young Indy.
And yeah, there are episodes with action in it?

But the bottom-line is; the YIJC don't compare action-wise to the non-stop action there was in the 3 Indy movies.

And I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that..
I'm only saying there's a difference between the Indy movies and the YIJC.
If you like the movies, you don't necessarily like the YIJC.

Last edited:

blur

Ayrun said:
Three episodes out of.. how many were there? 22?
No, in my eyes that doesn't compare to the almost non-stop action in the 3 Indy movies, sorry.

Oh sorry, did you want me to keep going? I thought by giving three examples, they would be taken as such. Examples.

I clearly did not mean that there are only three action sequences in the whole series. I think you know this, but are trying to avoid the point I'm making.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm?
And I was under the impression you were trying to avoid the point I was making. :rolleyes:

I wrote?

But the bottom-line is; the YIJC don't compare action-wise to the non-stop action there was in the 3 Indy movies.

Can you honestly prove me wrong here?

Besides; the question was if one would like the YIJC if one likes the 3 Indy movies.
And the answer is: No, not necessarily. They don't have the same formula.

Indy Benson

If you like the movies, you don't necessarily like the YIJC

For some. For me, I happen to like both the movies and the series. I could probably lay out some more examples of action in the Young Indy series, but the series has to have some slow times, too.

Did you expect Indy to be wearing his whip and fedora at his birth? ;)

blur

Ayrun said:
Can you honestly prove me wrong here?

I didn't realise this was supposed to be a challenge.

But I am quite confident in pointing out that the movies aren't "non stop" action. They are well paced like any other piece of drama like... oh yes, the YIJC, for example.

Saw my first Young Indy today - Ogana giver and taker of life. I thought it was brilliant. Are the other adventures as good as this one; if so can you get them on DVD?

What the hell is wrong with Ayrun?

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
They will be coming out on DVD sometime within the next year. From what I hear there might be some technical issues that is causing the delay...ooooorrrrr it could be because they want a tie in with Indy IV or RotLA:SE.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Chattar Lal said:
What the hell is wrong with Ayrun?

No, rephrase that; what the hell is wrong with you?
Is it so difficult to actually read my posts and understand them?

I said you can't compare the Indy movies and the YIJC...
If they were the same all Indy fans would like the YIJC. But they don't. And that's a fact.

Besides; I've seen oganga. There's no way action-wise you can compare that to Raiders, TOD or LC.

But talking to a wall has no use, so this is the end of my speech.

If you have any further problems with me; use the pm option.

Ayrun said:
No, rephrase that; what the hell is wrong with you?
Is it so difficult to actually read my posts and understand them?

I said you can't compare the Indy movies and the YIJC...
If they were the same all Indy fans would like the YIJC. But they don't. And that's a fact.

Besides; I've seen oganga. There's no way action-wise you can compare that to Raiders, TOD or LC.

But talking to a wall has no use, so this is the end of my speech.

If you have any further problems with me; use the pm option.

"Now you're getting nasty"

Trust me, I can take criticism as well as give criticism. How I choose to respond to it is my business.

"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,"

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I should have clairified my above statement, yes RotLA:SE is just a rumor...a strong one at that, but just a rumor.

Twilightpro101

Junior Jones said:
Educational, but still very good.

The beauty of a series is that you can do a variety of things. There was a lot of action in the series, but many fans discount it because it can't compare to the movies. There was comedy, war, drama, romance, mystery.

People who hold that Indiana Jones is only about a gritty, worldly archaeologist who has non-stop action-packed adventures (as seen in the trilogy) won't like Young Indy. The series expanded him beyond his cinematic origin as an action movie character, and in explaining some of his background, removed some of the mystery.

Some people don't like that. Personally, I love it!

I'm with you. Personally, YIJ has some of the best moments for the character and his background, that just make him that much more of a character and a hero.