Favorite Scene In Indiana Jones 4

JackBurton

I love the Doom Town Scene.
It's pretty weird to see Indy in such an environment and on the other hand so cool. And yes, I like the whole Fridge scene. (y)

Marty Jones

There's so much to love in this film really - the motorcycle chase, the jungle chase, doom town (with that great shot of Indy staring into the atomic age), that opening bit with the hotrod and the Soviets shooting their way int Area 51, the ants...

I'd have to say my absolute favorite scene is the diner piece that leads into the bike chase. I like the interplay between Shia and Harrison and the quick one-liners like "I don't think they're here for the milkshakes," "do I look like a mailman," and "I think you just brought a knife...to a gunfight." Top it off with the music they chose for the scene ("Shake, rattle & roll") and the use of the diner props (the greasers attacking the jocks with glasses and chairs) and you've got one heck of a sequence.

But really, everything I named is fantastic. I was really blown away by the whole movie. It was a fun ride. :whip:

deckard24

I'd have to go with the diner followed by the motorcycle chase! This whole sequence feels the most like the old movies to me!

tnswman

gear guardian said:
Yeah dude, I was serious.

C'mon. That scene was F*(KIN' awsome! The sheer panic Indy was feeling was palpable. In my head I was thinking "Oh my god! How is he gonna get out?!!?"

Did everyone notice that Indy looked EXTREMELY old in this part of the movie.. Like he was simply out of place? I think it was done on purpose...and it WORKED....I only would have added in more flying debris to make it not seem like Indy was the only thing that was blown away from the site.

Goodsport

Indy suddenly popping out of nowhere and blowing the poison dart into the mouth of the cemetery native who was about to shoot it at Mutt was a classic Indiana Jones move. :cool:

-G

thelaw

Grizzlor said:
Favorite part is when Indy wouldn't touch the snake while he was in the quicksand.

Loved the whole quicksand scene. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it probably has to do with the fact that I loved watching Last Crusade the most when I was a kid and this reminded me of that movie more than any other scene...and the snake part has become my favorite snake scene in the entire series. Harrison Ford knows how to play funny fear!

blueseattle

Seaner said:
Mine would have to be the motorcyle chase with mutt and indiana its kind of short but it was one of the scenes that still had the indiana type action in it ;)

This is my favorite scene, as well. It's when I really feel the Indy movie again, actually. This and the graveyard sequence is just prime stuff.

I also love the opening when Indy swings down and kicks Dovchenko into the console. So good.

There are LOTS of moments scattered throughout the film that shine like jewels in the night. Sprinkles of Spielberg magic, if you will. Take the quicksand scene, when Marion tells Indy Mutt is his son and the perilous music thats been swelling around them, well it just.....dies. Silence. In that vaccuum, you feel the weight of her words on Indy as they sink(!) in, followed by the visual one-two of the ground beneath him crumbling, the vortex sucking him down further. Genius. Little touches like that are the ones I hang my hat on with happiness.

Zorg

I'll have to get back to this after some more viewings (just seen KotCS once so far!), but the Doom Town scene worked much better than I would've thought.

Grizzlor

thelaw said:
Loved the whole quicksand scene. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it probably has to do with the fact that I loved watching Last Crusade the most when I was a kid and this reminded me of that movie more than any other scene...and the snake part has become my favorite snake scene in the entire series. Harrison Ford knows how to play funny fear!

Yes TLC was also my childhood favorite (I don't think I saw Raiders until I was a teenager). All he was missing was that goofy frown he did at Willie in the TOD spike room.

metalinvader

I absolutley love when Indy jumps from the from the duck onto the jeep full of Russians during the jungle chase.It's so bad ass how he just takes them all out and manages to punch Mac a few times also."Hi,MAC!" *PUNCH* Awesome!

Of course Hanger 51/Doomtown was amazing.Hell,The whole movie was great!:)

Layne

The beginning of the jeep chase till the beginning of the waterfall part was my favorite (y) (with the exception of the monkey and the jeep in the tree parts).

Coming in second would be from the beginning of the movie until when Indy stumbles off the rocket :whip:

Third would be the motor cycle chase with Mutt.

A close fourth would be the UFO takeoff :eek:

The little fight scene at Orellana's cradle was ok as well, and deserves some sort of mention, but it was just too short :(

Yure

The scene who had the most emotional impact for me is when Indy walks on the hill to look at the mushroom cloud... the music, the light, PERFECT in every way.

The sequence I enjoyed most is the motorcycle ride (y)

Crusade>Raiders

Swordfight on the back of jeeps. The music was perfect for that scene to, I always have a stupid grin on my face watching that part.

BasketSnake

didn't you love the very beginning showing the wide angle shot of the desert. it reminded me so much of last crusade. another moment i found very funny (i was probably the only one) was at the graveyard when mutt says "graverobbers will be shot" and indy replies "good thing we're not graverobbers" and throws him the shovel. it was just funny.

Perhilion

I can't choose just one scene, but I agree with all the scenes mentioned. I like how Indy gives Mutt the same looks his father gave him when they were on the motorcycle.

Jenos Idanian

BasketSnake said:
didn't you love the very beginning showing the wide angle shot of the desert. it reminded me so much of last crusade. another moment i found very funny (i was probably the only one) was at the graveyard when mutt says "graverobbers will be shot" and indy replies "good thing we're not graverobbers" and throws him the shovel. it was just funny.

which is funny Indy says that because grave robbing is exactly what they did.

Mothy

The warehouse scene for me. It had a nice retro chase with some good cinematography, complete with 'Hound Dog' accompanying it. I love the use of the rocket that blasts Indy across the desert. That is the kind of level I can accept - a fridge flying through the air is one I can't.

JibranK

The warehouse scene. Spielberg and Lucas managed to make me think, for a few minutes, that the Ark would play a major role. Then, they led me to a different train of thought - only to be shown the Ark again!