The Indy Cast

Chicago Jones

leaving Indycast...

I am not going to be listening to Indycast anymore because (without being mean) it has been getting a little annoying. Ed puts on a great audio show but I can't stand Ron the Reviewer and Rob Magee(??) voice is sooooo dullllllllllllll.

and whatever happened to Doc Whiskey's segment? He was funny and interesting. I even went out and bought a game he reviewed!

I will tune in when real Indy 5 news comes

Sharkey

Would it be so bad if he actually talked about Indiana Jones?

I use that button with the double arrows, >>. I also increase the speed settings in Windows media player.

Last edited:

indycast

Sorry you guys aren't enjoying the show, but I guess you can't please everyone! We will miss your listener-ship (is that even a word?!?) as every download counts - its just like the ratings.

Just remember that we are all volunteers doing the show because we love Indy, and the whole idea is to get like minded Indy fans involved.

Doc Whiskey has always had an open invitation to contribute to the show - his last segment for the NES version of the TOD, but I haven't heard back since then.

Cheers,

Ed

avidfilmbuff

indycast said:
Sorry you guys aren't enjoying the show, but I guess you can't please everyone! We will miss your listener-ship (is that even a word?!?) as every download counts - its just like the ratings.

Just remember that we are all volunteers doing the show because we love Indy, and the whole idea is to get like minded Indy fans involved.

Doc Whiskey has always had an open invitation to contribute to the show - his last segment for the NES version of the TOD, but I haven't heard back since then.

Cheers,

Ed

Don't worry Ed, I still love your program, I hope it never ends.

DocWhiskey

indycast said:

Cheers,

Ed

Sorry I haven't contributed in a long time! Been busy with college! I guarantee I'll have something soon for you.

But I think you guys are doing great as always and I'm sure it's hard to put on a podcast with the very dry Indy spell that we've been having. Yet you guys have always something fresh and fun to say. Long live the Indycast!

indycast

DocWhiskey said:
Sorry I haven't contributed in a long time! Been busy with college! I guarantee I'll have something soon for you.

But I think you guys are doing great as always and I'm sure it's hard to put on a podcast with the very dry Indy spell that we've been having. Yet you guys have always something fresh and fun to say. Long live the Indycast!

Thanks for that - yep we all would like some more substantial news (and it would make our job a lot easier!) so fingers crossed we'll hear something...anything soon!

Look forward to your next segment and I can understand how busy things can get!

Episode 89 will be up tomorrow including a great segment from Young Indy sound editor looking at ADR!

indycast

IndyCast Episode 89 is here - at least I hope it is! As of this writing there is a 500 Internal Server Error with the libsyn where the show is hosted, so hopefully by the time you read this all will be resolved!

We learn about ADR with Young Indy's Sound Editor, review Sideshow's Henry Jones Senior, hear from Harrison himself, have a chance to win a custom Indy diorama, look back at the making of Raiders and lots more! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Listen here (hopefully!)

Nice show guys! Indy content might be pretty bare, but Laird's segment has excellent technical, and making of Young Indy content not to mention an insiders view of Lucasfilm. The Harrison Ford audio from the travelling exhibition "King Tut: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs is very cool.

Makes you wonder why they haven't tapped him for more museum audio tours.

DoomTown

Chicago Jones said:
Ed puts on a great audio show but I can't stand Ron the Reviewer

But Ron did such a good job ripping off Ed's 2 year anniversary show with his interview this week!!! :rolleyes:

Sharkey

I'm a big fan of the Indycast but Pat was right in the interview, Ed's too nice. If Ron is going to persist it would help if you could actually hear the clips he's playing.

Some editing would help too...

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Nice show guys! Indy content might be pretty bare, but Laird's segment has excellent technical, and making of Young Indy content not to mention an insiders view of Lucasfilm.
Laird's segment was pretty cool. For me, the technical insight was nothing new but as soon as he started with the ADR breakdown for the "Princeton" clip, I hit the download the button.:D Great to hear his stories! Big thanks to Ed & Laird.:hat:

Chicago Jones said:
I am not going to be listening to Indycast anymore because (without being mean) it has been getting a little annoying. Ed puts on a great audio show but I can't stand Ron the Reviewer and Rob Magee(??) voice is sooooo dullllllllllllll.

Well, this thread had gone a couple of pages without any good criticisms of my segment. I was beginning to think everyone must have been skipping it. At least I know that someone listened to me long enough to find me boring! :sleep: I guess I could down a few cappucinos before I record my segment...

Maybe my next poll should ask everyone to vote on whether the Indy Opinion segment stinks or not. Or maybe I don't want to know the answer! :eek:

I hope everyone still finds good entertainment in the show each week. I know I do! I'd hate to be the reason anyone stops listening, but it seems to me that there's something for every Indy fan in every episode.

robisindy said:
Well, this thread had gone a couple of pages without any good criticisms of my segment. I was beginning to think everyone must have been skipping it. At least I know that someone listened to me long enough to find me boring! :sleep: I guess I could down a few cappucinos before I record my segment...

Maybe my next poll should ask everyone to vote on whether the Indy Opinion segment stinks or not. Or maybe I don't want to know the answer! :eek:

I hope everyone still finds good entertainment in the show each week. I know I do! I'd hate to be the reason anyone stops listening, but it seems to me that there's something for every Indy fan in every episode.

Love the Avatar Rob!

Solidarność!

With all the email praise you get, you're going to let ONE post get you down?!:p

I always look forward to your segment as The voice of Indiana Jones from the heartland of America, (you're FROM the heartlands right?:eek: ). It's a Mid West thing! Could be worse you could be from Chicago like Doc!;) Da Bears!

You know the speed settings on Windows Media Player ARE fun to play with!(y)

Last edited:

DoomTown

robisindy said:

I too, love the new avatar Rob!!! (y) Rocket is right, don't let one post bring you down; not everyone is going to like everything you do, remember to take the good with the bad, and it seems to me like your getting a lot more good than you are bad...:hat:

Ha ha, don't worry about me, guys! I was just having some fun with the criticism. As long as there isn't a huge outcry from the listeners, I'm just going to keep trucking along. It's too much fun not to!

I'm digging the new avatar, too. It may not be a red fez, but I'll wear it like a badge of honor!

Robyn

Pay no attention to the lone critic Rob, absolutely LOVE your stuff on the IndyCast, always have!:cool: And I too of course am diggin' your new avatar!;)

Ed there's never been a dull moment, keep on kickin' ass with all of your contributions and segments guys!:hat: