Embaresed

I

Indy Heith

I was Just Wonderin' If Any Of Yall Are Embarresed To wear Your Fedora out in public.... Ha ha.... I was Wonderin' how people are embarresed deal with it.... Im just a wonderin'....

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well, I am, but that's because I haven't gotten around to getting a quality fedora yet...but if it were a good one, I'd wear my archaic item from the haberdashery proudly.

indydude

Attila the Professor said:
Well, I am, but that's because I haven't gotten around to getting a quality fedora yet...but if it were a good one, I'd wear my archaic item from the haberdashery proudly.

I would be a little embarresed, but I too would be proud to show I am a true Indy fan

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
It's not embarassing for like a 30 year old, but when you're a kid or a teen it is. It's in my opinion for people who have reached a certain maturity. Personally I wouldn't wear a feora in public, maybe beacause I don't have one. Then again who cares what other pople think, if you want to wear one go ahead (beeing ridiculous never killed anyone ;) ).

swords

I get embarassed if my shirt is from the 80s, of course a old fedora would be out of the question.:)

Kumba

Whenever i have to mow the lawn, i wear my hat, which my dad calls "a safari hat". Now, it's not quite what indy wears; it's more of a khaki color and it's not the same material, but i still feel like indy wearing it, haha!

I

Indy Heith

Ha ha.... I see.... Naw Aaron I aint seen you around latley.... The only thing with me is that I am a 15 year old who mostly wears white t-shirts and a pair of wranglers and work boots or cowboy boots.... and I dont believe that that fits with my fedora.... what do yall think.... I cant afford a leather jacket so thats out of the question.... but I am able to buy a cheap fedora and maybe one day some kind of kaki breeches and I kaki Indy like shirt....

Tennessee Buck

I just purchased one online...need to wear one for my short film. I am not sure I would wear it otherwise except in the privacy of my own home. :)

Canyon

This is an interesting question.

Although, I'm sure I look okay in my Fedora, I do sometimes feel a little sef-conscious wearing my hat outside. Perhaps it's because not many people wear hats these days and perhaps it's also because I am female.

I did once wear a black trilby to work and many people said I suited it which I thought was cool.

Came back from the convention at Milton Keynes today and while I was there, I wandered around most of the time with my Indy gear on (minus weapons) and most people hardly batted an eyelid, so a lot of the time, I feel that it is just my imagination.

I think people should wear what they want and not worry too much about what other's think and vaxer has a point...

"It's not embarassing for like a 30 year old, but when you're a kid or a teen it is. It's in my opinion for people who have reached a certain maturity. Personally I wouldn't wear a feora in public, maybe beacause I don't have one. Then again who cares what other pople think, if you want to wear one go ahead (beeing ridiculous never killed anyone."

I once wore my (old, crappy) fedora when I flew across the country from my home in Connecticut to Seattle, Washington where I go to college. I felt a little weird about it at first, but after a few people "nice hat" I felt a bit more confident. I even wore it around my college for a few days after that, but stopped after maybe a week. I plan on getting an Akubra soon, which'll look vastly better than my old fedora. I'll wear it next time I fly (gotta get it out to Washington for Halloween somehow!), so I'll see if I get any more positive comments about it then.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I wear my fedora on airplane flights, it's handy for covering your face while you doze.:)
I wear another hat for work, so I rarely wear my fedora at home and when I'm out.

Magda

There's a kid in my newspaper class who wears a leather jacket (Indy style) and an imitation fedora he got from Disneyland. He looks pretty confident wearing them, but I, personally, wouldn't be caught dead wearing a fedora in public.
bigeyes.gif

DrJones56

IndyFan
Ameera said:
There's a kid in my newspaper class who wears a leather jacket (Indy style) and an imitation fedora he got from Disneyland. He looks pretty confident wearing them, but I, personally, wouldn't be caught dead wearing a fedora in public.
bigeyes.gif
Ameera, you got those bug eyes. Hey Ameera, sorry about the bug eyes thing I'll be in my office. [pathetic Ghostsbuster ref... :p]

NileQT87

ive stuck my hair in german braids wrapped around my head and worn all white before to school...princess leia hoth reference! my first couple egyptology and intro to classical civ classes at jc i made a point to wear a white button down collared shirt and khaki pants. i dont have a fedora though. i went to school on halloween in full princess leia anh bagel bun glory.