6.5 inch Indiana Jones Custom

hemble

Hi All

Well I finally got my posting so I can start to settle down and do custom figures and also my other Indy Diorama's, I did this Indy figure the other week while I was on leave the recipe is below and let me know what you think.

RECIPE
Body - the whole body is a Angel series figure exclusive.
Shirt - the shirt is made from leather and the buttons are from plasti-card.
Fedora - the fedora was made from cardboard and leather.
Pants Belt - the belt is made from left over material and led-foil.
Holster and Belt - both these items are made from leather and bits of plasti-card for the buckles and buttons.
Whip and Bag - Again both items are made from leather, plasti-card and left over material.

After everything was done the whole figure was painted using Reaper and Vallejo paints and was also given drybrushes using the same paints and then sealed in Testors Dull coate.

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

BrodyIsDead

whoa!

These are great pics of a very professional-looking model - amazing stuff... :D

Is this just a hobby, then? Why aren't you doing this professionally? Mr Lucas may be in touch for Indy VI merchandise at this rate. :cool:

First class work (y)

Show us more as you make 'em!

-------------------------------

Adventures of a different kind...

www.findthemissingreel.com

hemble

Hi All

Viper - Nice one mate :hat: wish there was some half decent figures out there fingers x.

BrodyIsDead - wrote
Is this just a hobby, then? Why aren't you doing this professionally? Mr Lucas may be in touch for Indy VI merchandise at this rate.

I started as a hobby but now have a small bussiness making figures and diorama's for people, and hay if Lucas every asked I would do it in a heart beat.:D

Cheers
Ron

BrodyIsDead

Gaffs galore!

Viper said:
There's an Indy VI already!?!?!?!?!
Rofl, sorry. couldn't help it.

Er, gasuntheit...

Yeah, whoops - either I type too fast or I know something none of you do...

:p

hemble

Hi All

Webley wrote
Hay hemble your Doc. Jones doll is the coolest you should make a Short Round doll.

Thanks for the feedback really apprecaite it. Once I move into my new place I'll be finishing of my 1/35th dio's and then I'll be making the following figures.

ROLTA
Indy - leather jacket V.2
Indy - In desert diguise
Belloq

TOD
Indy - ripped sleeve
Short Round
Mola Ram

This is just the start of the figures that I'm going to build.

Ron

NileQT87

haha, i can actually tell you used an angel action figure. it still has david boreanaz's side profile and nose. if you know the action figure was him, it stops looking like harrison, though.

but yes, whoever makes those buffy/angel action figures do great jobs. i have a wesley action figure that totally blows away other action figures i've seen (the star wars ones i have kinda suck except for the ships).

still... great job. i've seen a lot of fan-tweaked action figures and this is one of the better ones. the paint doesn't look dull or badly done like a lot of people's repaints and the clothing additions look good.

i wonder if a wesley action figure (perhaps the season 4 one that even has the facial hair growth) would have made it closer to harrison ford, though... alexis denisof's face and body build strikes me as more like ford's.

see, this action figure might be easier to make look like ford.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store/product_images/7/28203/001_big.jpg

Last edited:

NileQT87

still... the face shape is a lot closer... david/angel (believe me when i say i love the guy) has a wider face. harrison's head isn't quite so thick. which is why i brought up the alexis/wesley figure, as it has a more slender face.

however, if there was perhaps a han solo figure that was well-made... i would suggest that.

this picture of the figure is a better shot, but i chose the other because 1) i've seen it in person and can see how it would make a passable indy with a repaint. 2) the shirt on that one is more-indy like.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store/product_images/7/28214/001_big.jpg

is it just me or the jacket colors looking too light in all these pictures... because even in that picture of the wesley figure, the picture makes the jacket into a lighter shade of brown than it really is... is this the same case with your repaint? because the browns on indy's hat and jacket appear too light in the pictures.

if you added to the bottom lip and added harrison's nose--though alexis' cheekbones are too high--the same problem with the david figure, i think it would be easier to turn this figure into indy than the david/angel one.

Last edited:

hemble

Hi All

NileQT87-Solo_Baggins - Thanks for the feedback mate really appreciate the comments and I'll have to give the Wesley figure a look at a little closer, what I can see after a repaint he would good for a Indy custom.

Johan - I don't know about it looking like Baldwin he has a longer jaw then Wesley.

Ron

The_Raiders

Uuuhh, This might not be the place to ask but would you take 6 bucks for the disney Indy, that's alls I gots. pleeeaaase.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

If not thanks anyways ;)

hemble

HI All

The_Raiders - again sorry mate last one i have I'm waiting for more to arrive. You can get them on ebay if you are looking for them(y)

Ron