My Raiders of the Lost Ark 40x60 inch poster framed.

snake_surprise

Just to add to the Indy collection thread...

While I various Indy odds and ends, my favorite of them all (and favorite earthly possession, no lie) is my 40x60 inch mint and theater used Raiders poster. 40x60s are much rarer than a one sheet (27x41 inches) and were printed on thick card stock. As a result, the paint can chip if they are not kept in pristine condition. I am told by those in the know that there are only a few hundred (at most) Raiders posters in this size existing today compared to the 10,000+ one sheets.

Finding one in this good of shape took some time and patience... but if they are taken care of and framed as soon as possible, they look incredible.

This particular poster below hung in a smaller theater in New Hampshire in the center of the theater lobby on the actual opening day of Raiders. (If you guys want more info on this piece, I will comply...I just like the history of stuff like this, especially used Indy stuff).

Anyway...enjoy:

2193322697_a51c223397_b.jpg

This is a pic of how big it is in relation to the room and connecting room...I think this size is perfect.

2193341631_c3f83d16a4.jpg

Since I have a huge sentimental value with this poster/film (it is my first memory of life...seeing it in theaters as a three year old), I spared no expense in having it framed...UV filtered plexi, non-acidic foam core, sits loosely in frame, etc... Framing it cost a small fortune, but it is worth it. The frame itself is perfect for the tone of the movie...it looks old and has that thin old gold border (visual allusion to the Ark). Anyways:

2194108196_be92a3b18d.jpg

My wife is awesome and patient...now all I have to do is tell her how important it is to get other rare pieces from the other films. ;)

Incredible. That's massive! The largest poster I have is an original Crash (1996) poster which is I believe one size larger than a one-sheet.... I'm really not a poster collector. But yeah, that's awesome.

snake_surprise

ResidentAlien said:
Incredible. That's massive! The largest poster I have is an original Crash (1996) poster which is I believe one size larger than a one-sheet.... I'm really not a poster collector.

You probably have a banner of some sorts, although I could be wrong.

metalinvader said:
What theater in NH was that from?

Lancaster, is what I remember from what the dealer told me.

It is from the estate of the deceased theater owner. I guess he had hundreds of rare and valuable posters in his basement when he passed away. His daughter sold them on consignment to this poster dealer. Even the dealer said she was crazy for doing it.

snake_surprise said:
You probably have a banner of some sorts, although I could be wrong.

Lancaster, is what I remember from what the dealer told me.

It is from the estate of the deceased theater owner. I guess he had hundreds of rare and valuable posters in his basement when he passed away. His daughter sold them on consignment to this poster dealer. Even the dealer said she was crazy for doing it.

It's one size bigger than the largest frames they sell at Target. That's all I remember. I haven't felt like pulling it out of the poster tube to measure it. Just bought it off ebay a few months ago though. It's really lovely.

snake_surprise

Resident:
Are there any text in another language besides English?

BTW, don't get poster frames at Target, Wal-Mart, etc...
If you want to spare the expense of having it professionally done, you can order the size you need through a poster dealer, and also order a non-acidic foam board on your own, not to mention going to Lowes and getting a piece of acrylic cut to the frame. It is not as good in preservation, but should do the trick with a piece from the mid-90s and will save you hundreds.