My life in films and tv..

harryfielder

On a visit to Elstree Studios last year.....

3812291487_c727809587.jpg

Aitch,

AnnieJones

Welcome to The Raven Harry!:hat: I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.(y)

My Raven name is AnnieJones,but feel free to call me Annie. I'll put you on my Buddy List,that is if you don't mind.:hat:

Love the picture! Very comical(y)
harryfielder said:
On a visit to Elstree Studios last year.....

3812291487_c727809587.jpg

Aitch,

harryfielder

Thanks for the welcome Annie, Elstree studios has a site that people can visit and see many props from the Indie and Star Wars films. The guy in charge is Steve..I'll try and find a link.
Last time I was there I got a tour round the studios and a nice lunch...

Back in time........

3812300561_ef7981ff98_m.jpg

Aitch,

harryfielder

Director:
Roy Ward Baker

Writer:
Nigel Kneale (original story and screenplay)

Genre:
Sci-Fi | Horror more
Cast
James Donald ... Dr. Mathew Roney
Andrew Keir ... Prof. Bernard Quatermass
Barbara Shelley ... Barbara Judd
Julian Glover ... Colonel Breen
Duncan Lamont ... Sladden
Bryan Marshall ... Captain Potter
Peter Copley ... Howell
Edwin Richfield ... Minister
Grant Taylor ... Police Sergeant Ellis
Maurice Good ... Sergeant Cleghorn
Robert Morris ... Jerry Watson
Sheila Steafel ... Journalist
Hugh Futcher ... Sapper West
Hugh Morton ... Elderly Journalist
Thomas Heathcote ... Vicar

QUATERMASS AND THE PIT?Director?Roy Ward Baker?MGM Studios
My first horror film.. I was to work with this director many more times.

I got a call from Central Casting to go to MGM Studios in Borhamwood Herts to do a few days on this film movie.I was used as as a workman digging out some Underground holes in a tube station (studio).After some time one of the other extras finds some odd things and digging comes to a stop.

A couple of days later I'm back on the film as a possessed man. All we had to do was walk around the tube station as if we were Zombies..
My wife said ''No change there then''

Aitch,

harryfielder

Exulted Unicron said:
Welcome to the Raven. Amazing career and work you've done. I'm impressed

Some time the jobs could be very tough, like frisking these dodgy pair on Docter Who.....But someone had to do it......(y)

Castrovalva_30.jpg

Aitch,

harryfielder

STAR WARS?DIRECTOR GEORGE LUCAS?
After finishing a couple of Doctor Who?s Central Casting sent me to E.M.I.
Studios to work on another space film for seven days.
I did ask them if they had any other work because I was fed up with wearing space outfits and the like? (Little did I know about STAR WARS).
There must have been about fifty Supporting Artists gathered on the first day, some putting on white space type suits, some being fitted out in weird make up and costumes and the rest of us waited around to see what we were going to be.

We had plenty of time to sit around chatting and playing the odd game of cards.
When myself and a chap called Ronnie Conrad got a call to go to the wardrobe dept, They dressed us in black space type suits but without a facemask?(Were they telling us we were ugly enough to look like aliens).
When we were dressed we sat at the back of the set and waited to do our bit.
I got talking to a giant of a man (Dave Prowse) from the West Country and he told me he was playing a character called ??Daft Ada??.
I found out later that day he was playing ??DARTH VADER?? (It must have been Dave?s strong Bristol accent that made it sound wrong).
Ronnie and I did some odd bits during the week and then the 2nd A.D. called for us to do a bit of business with our old mate ??DARTH??.
We were going to arrest Princess LEIA (Carrie Fisher)?
Carrie?s parents were Eddie Fisher (singer) and Debbie Reynolds (singer/actress). Debbie starred in the film ??Singing In The Rain?? in 1952 and I, as a twelve year old, was in love with her... (It soon passed).
Anyway lets get back to ??DAFT??.

Darth, Ronnie and I walk along some corridors and then into the cell where The Princess was being held. Darth had all the lines to say while Ronnie and I stood there looking ugly. (Typecast)
In between lighting the set Carrie was very chatty and asked what else we had done in films. (Has she got that much time to spare?)
I also met Harrison Ford and was to work with him again over the next few years.
Star Wars was the highest grossing money film that I ever worked on.
Some say it took a Billion Dollars at the box office and video sales?
I earned £11 per day for seven days. Total £77. What?s the % ??
Twenty five years later I am held in deep respect for being one of "DAFT ADA?S" men, by my Grandchildren? Thanks Mr Lucas?

img023.jpg

Aitch,

Stoo

So sorry to hear about your loss, Aitch. My condolences.

I've seen a number of the films & TV shows she appeared in, as well, especially the late '60s/early '70s stuff. I'm assuming for "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" she was in the scenes at the fair?

James Byrne

Hi Aitch

Hiya Aitch, remember me? ... the nutter that loves SECRET OF THE INCAS.

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your beloved wife. Deepest sympathies. Keep chugging along Aitch and I'm looking forward to the book!

AnnieJones

Sorry to hear about your loss.I know how hard it is to lose a loved one.I will be thinking of you and praying for you.