Hello

Venture

Me, too. In the interim, could the Raven have a Welcome Page? A place where the neophytes would have a place to introduce themselves rather than us stumbling upon them in the threads? I know that when I first joined (Back when Aaron H was still an Indyfan...congrats on the promotion, by the way...) it got a little intimidating. Maybe a whole forum dedicated to initiating the uninitiated? Just a thought...

Pale Horse

Staff member
sitting in the lotus position

coming across a new member in a random thread, is like finding a pebble in your shoe as you walk.

upon finding it, a true raven realizes that though even though the pebble goes unnoticed on the road, it impacts the foot more preciously.

:eek:

Venture

Dude, that is deep. (Funky psychedelic lights, sitar strains in the background, Venture devours his seventh Twinkie.)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Venture said:
Me, too. In the interim, could the Raven have a Welcome Page? A place where the neophytes would have a place to introduce themselves rather than us stumbling upon them in the threads? I know that when I first joined (Back when Aaron H was still an Indyfan...congrats on the promotion, by the way...) it got a little intimidating. Maybe a whole forum dedicated to initiating the uninitiated? Just a thought...
I used to be a moderator for about a year and a half, then I was put on leave, then I came back for more abuse...errr...I mean work.;)

So I take it you all want to see a "Read This First" thread for newbies. Am I right?

LASTCRUSADER

Aaron H said:
So I take it you all want to see a "Read This First" thread for newbies. Am I right? [/B]

That wouldn't be a bad idea.I only joined in Oct of this year.I did find it a little intimidating at first. In fact I've only recently gotten comfortable posting on a more regular basis.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I'v seen other message board with similar features. I would say, it's not really that they aren't on the Raven, it's just that they are, shall we say, somewhat hidden, like a good bottle of scotch or someone's mummy. Maybe a more definitive map with an "X-marks the spot" feature and boldly defined Search buttons could help all navigate more efficiently in this site, ya dig...

TheOldBum

I wouldn't say joining in is too difficult. I started posting around September or October or so, and I didn't find it all that intimidating.

Cheers,

The Old Bum

Venture

Renderking Fisk said:
DONT' change a thing. You might make it too easy for Newbies and we won't be able to pick on them!

Newbies... the OTHER white meat.

Hey, wait! You just said I was still a newbie!! But seriously, there were things I learned by trial and error, and consolidated help would have eased the early frustration. (Of course, I was also completely unfamiliar with the Internet then as well...)

DcDisturbed947

Ok this is kinda crazy..? lol

I'm the OP of this thread. I posted this, what? 8 years ago? 9 hahah.
I honestly just completely forgot about this forum.

I even forgot about my screen name DcDisturbed947.

For some reason, today while work was slow, I decided to google DcDisturbed947 to see what comes up, and the 2nd result was this page. Wondering what the heck Raven is, I checked it out, and here I am hahah :)

But, to answer one of the questions... I have been an Indy fan ever since I was about 8 years old :)
I am 27 (it's crazy to think I was 19 or so when I first posted this thread hahah), and Indy is still my all time movie hero.

But anyways, how's everyone. Are the same regulars who posted here still around?

Goodeknight

DcDisturbed947 said:
I posted this, what? 8 years ago? 9 hahah.
I honestly just completely forgot about this forum.

Wow. Long time, no see. Guess your third post will be in - what - 2020? You'll be able to talk about Indiana Jones VI.

indiana_jones_trailer.jpg