Mail ins!!

GARTHV8ER

I was wondering if anyone knows what mail ins are coming! I know about the 12 inch ark! What else? Should I be saving receipts and proof of purchases?

The Ark is tempting but no way can I justify spending over $80 on four of those horrid looking 12" figures. Indy looks like Luke Wilson and no way am I buying Mutt. I'll hold out and hope that Sideshow makes a 12" Ark expansion pack for their infinitely superior 12" figure.

OmegaSeamaster

Yeah, the 12" Ark is really the only thing I wanted when I heard there were going to be Indy toys, and to my dismay they made it a mail in.

I really don't have any use for the fugly 12" figures either.

Does anyone know if the body of the Ark is 12", or is it 12" with the length of the poles?

bonoferox

Agent Spalko said:
The Ark is tempting but no way can I justify spending over $80 on four of those horrid looking 12" figures. Indy looks like Luke Wilson and no way am I buying Mutt. I'll hold out and hope that Sideshow makes a 12" Ark expansion pack for their infinitely superior 12" figure.

Agreed. I'm just going to keep my eye on Ebay for the Ark and maybe look at various conventions this year which are sure to have them.

bonoferox

How does the Ark look so brilliant and gorgeous, but the 12" Indy toys reek of Hasbro sloppy thirds?

OmegaSeamaster

Since you don't need the receipt for the Hasbro mail-ins, what's to keep one from buying four 12" figures, taking out the redemption stickers and then returning the figures to the store for a full refund?

That way you can get the Ark for $9.99 shipping and handling.

Some people have done this with action figures and I read where a guy bought some, came home to find the stickers were removed and went back to the store and they looked up the return receipt of the person who originally brought them back and then prosecuted him for theft or fraud.

OmegaSeamaster

Agent Spalko said:
Some people have done this with action figures and I read where a guy bought some, came home to find the stickers were removed and went back to the store and they looked up the return receipt of the person who originally brought them back and then prosecuted him for theft or fraud.

I am a shadowy reflection of the noble Indy collector.

It would only take a nudge to make them like me....

Hahaha

michael crawfor

It doesn't even take that much work to rip you off - I mentioned in my first review of the 12" Indy figures to pay particular attention to the tape on the flaps of the package in the store, to be as sure as possible that it's original, unbroken factory tape. With the way the sticker and booklet are packaged, a person can just cut that tape with their finger right in the store and slip out the sticker without even opening the flap all the way!

iLUVINDY

michael crawfor said:
It doesn't even take that much work to rip you off - I mentioned in my first review of the 12" Indy figures to pay particular attention to the tape on the flaps of the package in the store, to be as sure as possible that it's original, unbroken factory tape. With the way the sticker and booklet are packaged, a person can just cut that tape with their finger right in the store and slip out the sticker without even opening the flap all the way!

thats what i did.......:gun:

mr.wolf

i was gonna say the do that same thing cause you know there's not always someone watching the cameras. i plead the fifth