My Indy costume... a work in progress

Drones33

New Wested trousers...

just bought a pair of trousers from Wested. MASSIVELY disappointed. Ordered a size 32 waist, they have '32' on the labels, won't even fasten. I measured my waist to see if I'd put on a bit of beef round the middle, but nope, still 32 inches, (all those crunches my wife encourages actually pay off it seems) measured the pants; less than 30 inches round the waistband. So it's either go through the hassle of returning them or having them altered using the excess fabric from the hem. Not the end of the world of course, annoying though (n)

indyhan

hey there

rough luck

could use a pair of indy trousers myself, and i think i'm a little under 30 waistwise..
maybe you'd be willing to sell that pair that doesn't fit you ?

let me know (i'm 1m84, so as long as the trousers are long enough...)

cheers !

Drones33

Thanks for the interest Indyhan, sounds good to me. Wested ship their Indy pants unfinished, so they're at least 35 inches inside leg and can be altered accordingly. I've private-messaged you (y)

Drones33

micsteam said:
The Wested Indy trousers aren't bad, they are heavy and not SA but close.
Indeed. And the sizing is way off, AND at £70 they're far more expensive than they have a right to be. (Wested's Indy shirt is a poor fit also. WAY to baggy(n) ) However, to the untrained eye they certainly look the part, and they're available in this part of the world without the shipping fee. So that gains them a few points I reckon.
Which would you say are the most screen accurate?

micsteam

Don't forget Wested is a leather wear manufacturer, I commend them for trying to provide us fans/hobbyists other articles to complete our costume/attire but obviously outsourced. The shirt and pants are comfortable but are not correct or really trying to be. That said, outside of the jacket of which Wested makes a great Indy jacket, I'm not die hard on their shirt and trousers. I can recommend others, I've been in this for quite a long time so I'm able to give good advise and if I'm not comfortable I can reference you to someone whom can answer the question. Good luck with everything !! :hat:

micsteam

Drones33, I like the What Price Glory Indy shirt it's fairly inexpensive and looks good for a Raiders shirt the only problem is their manufacturing vary between batches, I have two shirts my first is spot on for Raiders as my second is darker with incorrect buttons (you can always have a taylor sew in different ones) although the fabric on both are very good. The Holy Grail of Indy shirts are the MBA Costumes Indy shirts made by none other than Noel Howard (whom passed several years ago) whom made the original shirts for all three movies but I've even seen these as being incorrect coloring as being to dark... I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder to a degree as lighting in the movies vary and make the shirts look different. You also have Azuma (you'd have to check him out over at Club Obi Wan) he makes batches but not always available, Todd's Costumes in California ( their shirts vary from batch to batch with the latest being toted by a lot of die hard enthusiasts but I found mine very heavy almost a flannel shirt feel), and AdventureBilt ( Steve and Mark whom made the fedoras for the last movie) from what I understand they make a great shirt but are expensive and not always available and I've not seen one first hand ( I will probably purchase one one of these days). As far as trousers I have a pair of Wested's heavy, incorrect, and wrong buttons and I have a Todd's (which is out of production at the moment) which all die hard attire wearers by me say are " THE " best Raiders trousers .. so far they're not bad but had to be altered length wise but I knew that before ordering. You can find Todd's trousers on Ebay but make sure you order your actual waist size, my waist size here in the US is 32 but I take a tape measurer and measure out 35" exactly so I ordered a 35 waist and they fit quite well. Now I've heard mixed reviews on Magnoli Clothiers out of New Zealand, the trousers look really nice (as they should they are very expensive plus shipping out of NZ is not cheap either) but I've heard they are more of a dress/formal type fabric and maybe too dressy and delicate. Hope this helps please let me know if there's anything else I can help with. :hat:

NLogan

Drones33 looks great. Be awhile until I catch up to you and get enough adventure gear to pull off the look of three movies! You wear your hat well. ;)

Drones33

micsteam said:
Drones33, I like the What Price Glory Indy shirt it's fairly inexpensive and looks good for a Raiders shirt the only problem is their manufacturing vary between batches, I have two shirts my first is spot on for Raiders as my second is darker with incorrect buttons (you can always have a taylor sew in different ones) although the fabric on both are very good. The Holy Grail of Indy shirts are the MBA Costumes Indy shirts made by none other than Noel Howard (whom passed several years ago) whom made the original shirts for all three movies but I've even seen these as being incorrect coloring as being to dark... I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder to a degree as lighting in the movies vary and make the shirts look different. You also have Azuma (you'd have to check him out over at Club Obi Wan) he makes batches but not always available, Todd's Costumes in California ( their shirts vary from batch to batch with the latest being toted by a lot of die hard enthusiasts but I found mine very heavy almost a flannel shirt feel), and AdventureBilt ( Steve and Mark whom made the fedoras for the last movie) from what I understand they make a great shirt but are expensive and not always available and I've not seen one first hand ( I will probably purchase one one of these days). As far as trousers I have a pair of Wested's heavy, incorrect, and wrong buttons and I have a Todd's (which is out of production at the moment) which all die hard attire wearers by me say are " THE " best Raiders trousers .. so far they're not bad but had to be altered length wise but I knew that before ordering. You can find Todd's trousers on Ebay but make sure you order your actual waist size, my waist size here in the US is 32 but I take a tape measurer and measure out 35" exactly so I ordered a 35 waist and they fit quite well. Now I've heard mixed reviews on Magnoli Clothiers out of New Zealand, the trousers look really nice (as they should they are very expensive plus shipping out of NZ is not cheap either) but I've heard they are more of a dress/formal type fabric and maybe too dressy and delicate. Hope this helps please let me know if there's anything else I can help with. :hat:
Thanks for the tips:hat: I intend to pick up a pair of trousers from Todds, quite expensive to have them shipped to the UK though. Must get round to having my Wested shirt altered one of these days...

Drones33

My new Webley MK VI

Stumbled upon this little gem quite by accident in what I suppose would be considered a junk-shop in Liverpool called "Aladin`s Cave". Sells second hand tools, bikes, random machine parts, and a selection of militaria and weapons. Wandered in whilst on my way to visit my brother and there, in the window, amongst old binoculars, fishing equipment and used lawn mower parts, was this; the Webley MK VI. SO much better than the shoddy MK IV replica from Denix which I had been using as a holster-filler with my Indy gear. This is a thing of beauty. Check it out...:gun:
webley_mkvi_by_00177840-d92h0mn.jpg

webley_mk_vi_open_by_00177840-d92h1ex.jpg

nice.....

Your gear looks fantastic, I bought some of the ted baker boots you mentioned in you earlier posts. A nice find at £40. Good luck with the jacket sale, I'd buy it myself if I could squeaze into it.

Rob

Drones33

doppelganger said:
Your gear looks fantastic, I bought some of the ted baker boots you mentioned in you earlier posts. A nice find at £40. Good luck with the jacket sale, I'd buy it myself if I could squeaze into it.

Rob

Thanks Rob, Your gear is looking great too. Love the `in the field` look its getting. The suitcase is a great idea...(y)

Drones33

ComicCon

Went to MCM ComicCon at the weekend with Wife. Interestingly, of all the displays, props and merchandise that was there, absolutely nothing related to Indiana Jones. Indeed, there were hundreds of people there in costume, but I only bumped into one other Indy. He was, like me, a man in his late forties, we had a brief chat about eachother`s gear, our love of Indy and how it was a bit sad that Indy is clearly slipped from the public`s mind, (there were about 20 Deadpools and even more Captain Americas!).
I wonder if things would have been a bit differnt if the event had been after this week`s Indy 5 announcement...
Still, it was worth a visit, and we went to a costume party afterwards which was nice. Me in full Raiders gear( wish I`d got some Fullers Earth, hadn`t realised just how new my stuff looks!) and Wife in her Star Fleet uniform(y)
indy_trek_by_00177840-d9vfk48.png

You guys look great. Im getting tickets to the Exeter Comic con on June 25th and me and the missus will be in streets of cairo gear. Hopefully a few people will realise who we are supposed to be.......lol.