Minnesota Anthony reviews... everything else

kongisking

It's been an enjoyable hiatus, but I think it's due time Minny and Donny make a comeback. So, to help promote their epic return, I've created an advertisement. If anyone could be so kind, post this image anywhere you think would find these reviews interesting, and help a guy out with his crazy little attempt at Internet fame. Purty please?

554937_528967820488433_2099306511_n.jpg

kongisking

I'm very proud to present to you all a Drew Struzan-esque poster for the Minnesota Anthony series, created by none other than Henry Junior. Hopefully this amazing work will spark some renewed interest. Henry put a lot of work and time into this thing, so it would be great for it to get the admiration I feel it deserves.

minnesotaanthonyposterf.png

russds

Hi @kongisking, I just thought i might share some thoughts i had on your marketing. As I was reading your latests posts, these thoughts just popped into my head, take 'em or leave them, I just thought I might share.

kongisking said:
...crazy little attempt at Internet fame...

Rule number 1 in internet 'marketing' for the blogger, or reviewer or whatever, is do it because you love it, period. If you go in with the intent on fame, or fortune (or glory :) ) the internet is terribly good at weeding those people out.

Second thought was instead of saying "watch at jones6192 on youtube.com", I may be old fashioned, and maybe this is how the youngen's are doing it these days, but I would find it much easier, and to make much more sense actually if it was "watch at youtube.com/jones6192" or whatever the link might be. Being on the internet if I have to click even 2 extra times to get to something, my interest is already lost. So make it as simple as possible, the exact link I click on to watch your channel, or blog, or whatever.

Those are just my 2 cents, please don't kill me. :) I have a little experience with internet marketing, so I just couldn't keep my ideas to myself.

kongisking

russds said:
Hi @kongisking, I just thought i might share some thoughts i had on your marketing. As I was reading your latests posts, these thoughts just popped into my head, take 'em or leave them, I just thought I might share.

Rule number 1 in internet 'marketing' for the blogger, or reviewer or whatever, is do it because you love it, period. If you go in with the intent on fame, or fortune (or glory :) ) the internet is terribly good at weeding those people out.

Second thought was instead of saying "watch at jones6192 on youtube.com", I may be old fashioned, and maybe this is how the youngen's are doing it these days, but I would find it much easier, and to make much more sense actually if it was "watch at youtube.com/jones6192" or whatever the link might be. Being on the internet if I have to click even 2 extra times to get to something, my interest is already lost. So make it as simple as possible, the exact link I click on to watch your channel, or blog, or whatever.

Those are just my 2 cents, please don't kill me. :) I have a little experience with internet marketing, so I just couldn't keep my ideas to myself.

I won't kill you. I want to make you suffer first! ;)

Seriously, though, thanks for the advice. But I don't think it's that bad, though, typing the username into the YouTube search engine. That's not asking too much.

As for that Internet fame remark, that was intended to be sarcastic. I'm well aware of how tiny my potential fanbase is, so I have no delusions that I'll become as huge as, say, that obnoxious Gangdam Style video.

But nevertheless, thanks for the input. :hat:

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
As for that Internet fame remark, that was intended to be sarcastic. I'm well aware of how tiny my potential fanbase is, so I have no delusions that I'll become as huge as, say, that obnoxious Gangdam Style video.
You know what you could try?

Kittens. The Internet people seem to go crazy about those.

And no, this was not THAT kind of "I like cats" statement.

kongisking

Finn said:
You know what you could try?

Kittens. The Internet people seem to go crazy about those.

And no, this was not THAT kind of "I like cats" statement.

Well, I do have three pet cats at my disposal...:D

By the way, did you get my recent PM?

And JuniorJones, who is this Carlos Ezquerra you speak of? I don't recognize the name.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Carlos Ezquerra is a spainish comic illustrator who has work mainly in the UK for IPC most notably has co-creator of Judge Dredd.

Henryjunior's strong lines and airbushing effect have a hint of Ezquerra within them.

judge-dredd-dispensing-justice-carlos-ezquerra.jpg

Carlos1Ezquerra-201211-strontium.jpg

kongisking

JuniorJones said:
Carlos Ezquerra is a spainish comic illustrator who has work mainly in the UK for IPC most notably has co-creator of Judge Dredd.

Henryjunior's strong lines and airbushing effect have a hint of Ezquerra within them.

judge-dredd-dispensing-justice-carlos-ezquerra.jpg

Carlos1Ezquerra-201211-strontium.jpg

Wow, that is spot-on! I wonder if HenryJunior knows about this...

HenryJunior

Wow, I didn't know that. It was unintentional so mark that up as a coincidence. I was going to minimize some of the outlines but it wasn't looking right so I focused on the lighting and color.

Good call though JuniorJones (y)

kongisking

Finn said:
I did. It has been forwarded for filing so my paymasters can consider your request.

LXS2Oo9.gif

I can't tell if that smiley is a joke, or a snarkerrific way of saying you disregarded the message. :confused:

HenryJunior

Excellent review, this one made me laugh hard. (y)

Is that the new opening though? I don't think I can bear seeing Minny get punched in the face for every review (it was pretty funny though). He probably had it coming in this one though, after killing Donny in the alternate Timeline. :p

The show's format is working really well now (y)

kongisking

HenryJunior said:
Excellent review, this one made me laugh hard. (y)

Is that the new opening though? I don't think I can bear seeing Minny get punched in the face for every review (it was pretty funny though). He probably had it coming in this one though, after killing Donny in the alternate Timeline. :p

The show's format is working really well now (y)

You're out of luck, because that is indeed the new title sequence. You'll just have to get used to Minny's continued abuse!

I'm thrilled you loved it.

By the way, the website has been updated and revised quite a bit. Give it a look: Official Website

HenryJunior

Well that's what we get for messing with timelines.:D
The future is looking good for Minnesota Anthony Reviews.

The site update is great btw. (y)

kongisking

So, I thought it would be a nice thing to try and get the viewers a little more involved in the series. A form of viral marketing, I suppose. I've recently posted on the Facebook page a post asking people for pop-culture topics they would like to see Minnesota Anthony and his brother argue about. Every now and then, I would release a video that focuses on a selected topic from the replies, as a way of holding over folks in between reviews.

The first "Opinions" video's topic has already been chosen: "Are Fanboys Too Resistant To Change?"

Hopefully that video will be up by week's end. Stay tuned!