The Indy Cast

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Can't wait for the 1st Indy Read-A-Long! Thanks for the teaser.:D

"So what are you, like eight?" :p

I remember Read Alongs. I was expecting Sharkey to come in with a reference to a junior section of the Indy Cast being like an episode of Muppet Babies!

300px-Mbabiesreadalong.jpg

Stoo

Mitchellhallock said:
Yes Stoo, there is a Sharkey.
Where is Sharkey? It's fun hearing from him. Oh, where, oh, where has that rascal gone? Oh, where, oh, where can he be?:confused: Thanks for the extra Struzan documentary info. In one of the many Drew threads here at The Raven, someone posted a link to a video of him working on "The Mist" painting. Maybe you've already seen it? I wonder if that bit will included in the new documentary...

Anyway, it's true that the northeastern U.S. is getting hit badly this winter but I didn't know that Connecticut was "The Great White North"! That's much too far south.;)
robisindy said:
And lay off of Hook! You're stomping on one of my favorite movies from childhood, man!:) Besides, Struzan's Hook artwork was excellent and is certainly worthy of being mentioned alongside the rest of his work.
Hook-Schmook. "Hook" sucks!:sick: You must be younger than I because when it came out I was in my early 20s. It was garbage then and for sure it's still garbage now. (Please don't tell me that you like "Howard the Duck", too.) This brings me to the reason why I find listening to your Indy Opinion segment can be, sometimes, quite distressing. "Hook" rated highly as a favourite Spielberg film outside of the Indy films which almost made me sick to my stomach.:sick:

Yes, Drew's poster for "Hook" is excellent but so is all of his work. Mitch might as well have said, "Police Academy", and I still would've PUKED!:p
harvey7297 said:
My favorite read-along book and records:
You lucky, LUCKY b*stard. Coming from an avid "Apes" fan, I am extremely jealous! (There is a sort-of "Planet of the Apes" thread here: Best Planet Of The Apes sequel? should you wish to continue the conversation.)
Montana Smith said:
"So what are you, like eight?":p
In head age...mentally, YES!:p That said, I'm not one who buys Indy dolls and still plays with LEGO!:gun:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
In head age...mentally, YES!:p That said, I'm not one who buys Indy dolls and still plays with LEGO!:gun:

Foiled again!

...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids! :mad:

:p

Stoo said:
Hook-Schmook. "Hook" sucks!:sick: You must be younger than I because when it came out I was in my early 20s. It was garbage then and for sure it's still garbage now. (Please don't tell me that you like "Howard the Duck", too.) This brings me to the reason why I find listening to your Indy Opinion segment can be, sometimes, quite distressing. "Hook" rated highly as a favourite Spielberg film outside of the Indy films which almost made me sick to my stomach.:sick:

Yes, Drew's poster for "Hook" is excellent but so is all of his work. Mitch might as well have said, "Police Academy", and I still would've PUKED!:p

:) I was 8 when Hook came out. I still think it's a good kids movie, and for all it's flaws I can't bring myself to say that it sucks! I can understand why you feel that way, though. And I was surprised it made it to the 2nd round in the Spielberg poll too!

I've never seen Howard the Duck. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Stoo said:
Where is Sharkey? It's fun hearing from him. Oh, where, oh, where has that rascal gone? Oh, where, oh, where can he be?:confused:
My fears incline to the same point. Evil, I fear, founded...evil was sure to come of that connection. Why would you summon him while the waters are so calm?

Stoo said:
Hook-Schmook. "Hook" sucks!

...your Indy Opinion segment can be, sometimes, quite distressing. "Hook" rated highly as a favourite Spielberg film outside of the Indy films which almost made me sick to my stomach.
Sure sure! We ALL agree Hook sucks, but it's surely because Indiana Jones has been devalued by generations whose exposure is a tv screen, computer monitor, or mobile device, and NOTHING by way of Hook! The current and more "vocal" generation.

Stoo said:
Yes, Drew's poster for "Hook" is excellent but so is all of his work.
Funny that, when you have a real talent what you can make pretty...

Stoo said:
You lucky, LUCKY b*stard.
Ohh! What wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face!

Stoo said:
I'm not one who buys Indy dolls and still plays with LEGO!:gun:
Hey now! Lego inspires creativity!:mad:

robisindy said:
I still think it's a good kids movie, and for all it's flaws I can't bring myself to say that it sucks!
My God Man! It promotes beastiality! I could never gaze lovingly at Lea Thompson ever again, not with the knowledge she had feathers on her breath!

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
My fears incline to the same point. Evil, I fear, founded...evil was sure to come of that connection. Why would you summon him while the waters are so calm?

Sharkey comes to the surface when it's feeding time. Thought this Indy Cast might have dangled a foot into the water.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Ohh! What wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face!

pfft1-1.gif

To your satisfaction, sir?

Rocket Surgeon said:
Hey now! Lego inspires creativity!:mad:

(y)

Rocket Surgeon said:
My God Man! It promotes beastiality! I could never gaze lovingly at Lea Thompson ever again, not with the knowledge she had feathers on her breath!

I was talking about Hook! But you've reaffirmed my decision to avoid Howard the Duck! :sick:

harvey

Stoo said:
Coming from an avid "Apes" fan, I am extremely jealous!

No need to be. Somehow, ALL of my Power Records Book and Record sets were lost in one of my moves. :(

I was going to try to repurchase them on eBay (a pricey plan). However, thanks to modern technology, they are all available at the Power Records Plaza (mp3s AND pdfs!!):

http://powerrecordsplaza.blogspot.com/

They also have additional Apes adventures that were released back in the day. Those are all detailed on the Apes Wiki:

http://planetoftheapes.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Records

Check out another Power Record page as well:

http://powerrecord.blogspot.com/

It's like it's 1974 all over again!! (y)

harvey

Just in case someone hasn't had a chance to listen to this week's IndyCast, we have a release date for the FIRST IndyCast Read-Along Adventure.

Coming February 14th,"Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Death Mask"!!

Presented in the style of the old "book and record" read-alongs, this adaptation of the comic book tale from the Lost Treasures UK Magazine #1 will whisk you back to those thrilling days of?the 80?s!! As an added bonus, the four-page adventure will be incorporated INTO the podcast, so you can go full-screen and see the action come to life!

Remember - be sure to turn the page when you hear the bullwhip crack like this: :whip:

indycast

In this special episode of the IndyCast, we debut the first in an all new series of IndyCast Read-Along Adventures where you can see the pages change when the whip cracks! This week it's Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Death Mask! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast! [Now available on the ForceCast app]

Please not this is an enhanced podcast - please turn on your album art in iTunes to see the page transitions! Also this episode is best listened to in iTunes as the trusty ForceCast player on the show notes page struggles with the m4a files.

You can listen to the episode here!

Thanks to Joe Stuber and Keith Voss!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 122 is here!

This episode we Sean Connery rumors abound, the lost Hasbro Wave hits Comic Con, Mitch flashes back to Feb 1981 plus have our biggest mailbag yet! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast! Now available on the ForceCast app!

Listen to the episode here!

Sharkey

Mitchy you never cease to amaze.

What exactly was that you recorded? You reading the wikipedia page to us to the tune of bad wedding music?

Great trivia segment too! Its interesting to hear your version of Fozzy's segment, with less laughter and Indiana Jones content!

Way to carry on Gonzo's low fidelity legacy...its always a treat to hear what AM radio sounded like. Have to watch what ideas I put out there, Camilla Nightengale might get Stockholm syndrome and give us more well produced drivel instead of what we listen for.

Some constructive criticism.

Piggy, stop slathering the frog and us with disco. Review some old toys your father never understood. Stop ripping off the other guys. You're going to talk to Laird about Young Indy? Doesn't "Brother Laird" already DO that?

Camilla tell us something about Indiana Jones we don't know and stop bringing home strays!

What the hell are you guys doing to the show?

PARIS HILTON?

Step away from the recorder...

Last edited:

The Drifter

When is the next Indycast? I enjoyed the last one immensely, and I'm ashamed to say that it was really the first one I've listened to. :eek:

Lonsome_Drifter said:
When is the next Indycast? I enjoyed the last one immensely, and I'm ashamed to say that it was really the first one I've listened to. :eek:

A new episode is released every two weeks, with occasional radio dramas or specials released in between full episodes.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the show, Drifter! If you'd like to catch up and listen to some of the great interviews and special episodes from the show's history, the full archives are available here: http://www.forcecast.net/c-indycastnews.asp

harvey

Mitch, Les! I thought the IndyCast Special would get headlines on theraider.net and throwmetheidol.com - what happened? :confused:

Btw - sorry we missed a mention for you on the last one Les. The comic pages you provided WERE invaluable! That situation is being remedied. :eek:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Sorry Joe - I missed it. Haven't listened to it yet I was on the road. It's up now. Glad it was well received. And since I'm down the road from The Jim Henson Studio here in LA should I look up in the balcony for our old friend?